Excited for Spring. . .

Oh my friends, I am so excited for Spring that I literally ‘Wet My Plants”!  lol!

                          (notice the wet cement?)

DSC00825

Hubby came home from work one day last week and was so excited to tell me that phrase so I could use it on my next post.  He had seen it on a sign at our local nursery.  Isn’t it nice when others are looking out for us?

Some of my favorite Spring bloomers. . .Ranunculus, Primroses, and Pansies.

DSC00835

I planted the urns by the garage with a pretty pink and white flowering Kale and some Snapdragons.

I’m thinking that these should last clear into Fall and I can just tuck some trailers in around the edge in May.  Of course I will have to keep pinching the Snapdragons back and I will cut off any bloom that comes up out of the Kale.

DSC00843

DSC00844

Now let’s see what else has got me excited for Spring.  It rained yesterday, so naturally the umbrella came out.  I made it a couple years ago.

DSC00811

Sweet little English Daisies planted in an urn are peeking out from a wire cloche.

DSC00813

DSC00812

I dyed the egg shells with Rit Dye the same time I was dying coffee filters for the wreath hanging on my door. 

DSC00818

Pretty faux blooms spill over the edge of the umbrella.  They almost look real, don’t you think?

DSC00819

I dipped stacks of the coffee filters in the dye.  Afterwards I just threw them in the dryer and they came out in different shades of aqua.

DSC00820

wreath

DSC00815

I painted the rustic wooden eggs years ago.  The dot theme is carried out with the ribbon on the umbrella.

DSC00816

Both the chair and the moss basket were thrift finds.  I recently painted the chair yellow.

DSC00832

When I came home from a get away with friends my daughter Kylee had done the chalkboard art.  I love it!

DSC00848

A touch of green grass in a vintage wicker basket.  The duck was bought in Salzburg years ago.

DSC00849

DSC00827

DSC00834

DSC00839

Hyacinths planted in a metal pitcher will be transplanted into the garden for next year when spent.

DSC00838

Yup, I’m excited for Spring!

DSC00840

You can see where we have to build up the lawn where we redid our sidewalk that had settled.

DSC00847

Hope Spring has come your way!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

35 comments

Stacey said...

Your porch is wonderful! All the little spring touches add up to a very inviting porch. It's spring here..I planted my pots with annuals yesterday. :)

Debby Ray said...

You had me at "I wet my plants"...lol! Your touches of spring are amazing! Love that umbrella planter!

Winnie said...

Everything looks so colorful and bright and........ready for spring :)
I especially like the English Daisies

Linda W. said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Everything is blooming here too.

Susie said...

Jann, Everything is looking so fresh and pretty. Love your flowers. I think primroses are so sweet. xoxo,Susie

Art and Sand said...

Everything is lovely. That aqua window is gorgeous.

Junkchiccottage said...

Loving all your Springtime out on the porch so cute. Love the window and door all dressed up too. That umbrella is adorable. Ranunculus are my one of my fav flowers too. Everything is gorgeous.
Kris

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love all the spring flowers and décor around your home! It looks so pretty! Yes - I think everyone is glad to see Spring arriving! I love the pussywillow wreath too, did you make it?

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
Your Spring flowers and décor look great.
I'd love to try the flowering kale!

Gina said...

Your front porch is beautiful all decked out for Spring! I love seeing those pretty flowers. It's still too cold for us to have flowers, but Spring is certainly on its way!

Pamela Gordon said...

It sure looks like your about ready for spring and Easter too, Jann. I love all your spring touches on your front porch. We are never able to decorate outside for Easter here and usually not for spring until later in April. But inside is ready. We have to have signs of spring somewhere to cheer us up with all the snow we're still getting. :) Pamela

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad you Wet Your Plants! I wish that we were getting ready to plant here. In this area of the country we can't plant outside until after Memorial Day-end of May/First of June. xo Diana

mimi_62 said...

Loved this post. Everything has its special touch!! You are amazing, my friend.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Jann!Spring really has sprung for you there - lucky duck!

It's getting warmer here but not quite like yours!

Your projects and plantings look absolutely wonderful, my friend.

Hugs.

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...looks like Spring has come to your house. Your porch looks so pretty!! It was 60 degrees here today and felt like Spring to me.
hugs,
Cindy

Bernideen said...

Your porch looks darling!

Leovi said...

That flowers so wonderful, pure poetry! Jann I wish a good week!

Nancy's Notes said...

Jann, you really crack me up!! You have some great decorating ideas, beautiful, colorful and springy! Your porch is just adorable!

Lulu said...

Spring colors do brighten our world. It's such fun to go to the nursery and see all the possibilities . I see you've already made the trip!

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything is so beautiful and Springy~ You are one talented and gifted lady! Love it all....especially your umbrella! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

All your spring décor is beautiful!! Can't wait to start mine....today is supposed to be near 60 but we still have snow on the ground!

farmhouse-story said...

i love all the spring goodies on your pretty porch, jann:) cute chalkboard, bunny door and scalloped bench!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a lovely and welcoming porch!

Cynthia said...

Jann I love all of this and I am so making one of these umbrellas next year for spring!! You did such a great job with all your spring touches as always! PINNED!!!!

Cynthia

Ana said...

What a perfectly "springy" porch. Love the umbrella on the window. You have inspired me to get out and decorate my petite porch....well, I will as soon as it stops raining :-)

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Rose L said...

Love the blue spring wreath. You create loveliness!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Everything looks so lovely.
You got to love it when Spring is in the air.
Have a lovely week.
Denise

aspiritofsimplicity said...

everything looks so filled with spring. We are still cold and rainy here...but it is getting a little warmer every day. Spring comes later up here in New England and slower still on the coast.

Julie Nichols said...

Oh my goodness you had me laughing..I almost wet my pants and these days it isn't hard for me to do lol...Your porch is so pretty and I love all your handmade things..I am really crushing on your blue coffee filter wreath!

Donna Wilkes said...

I love those English daisies! My favorite "new" thing was dying the egg shells and letting them tumble from the basket. So many creative ideas here in one post, I am wetting my plants! (You may get tired of that!)

Sarah said...

Yes, spring is here for us too. I'm at work in the garden and replanting urns as well. Lost a lot in our severe freezing temps this winter. The English daisy is a new plant for me. It's sweet! I'll have to look for this one. Thanks for hosting.

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Jann, Your Spring porch is so welcoming. I absolutely love the coffee filter wreath and had no idea you could dry them in the dryer - how cool... Love all your pops of color in your flowers - I may get to plant some here this week. The temps are staying fairly steady and I am so ready... Cathy

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love all your wonderful spring creations! I love that you have an extra door to decorate, that's fun!
Jenna

Tea in the Library said...

Happy to see Spring bursting out at your place - It is still mostly cold and yucky here. Moe time to gather ideas! I love the bright color of your wreath. I have never made a coffee filter wreath but after seeing this one I don't thing I will hold out much longer. Love her plant choices also. Happy Spring!

anosh said...

Cleaning company Khamis Mushait
Every woman suffers from the daily cleaning of her home but she may not get the perfect cleanliness she wants. So a cleaning company in the mother of sahk offers my lady the perfect solution to clean your house or villa without bothering you and the desired cleaning. Efficiency, and through our company you can get the floors of a bright and neat house and clean water tanks and walls are very clean while preserving the colors, and also the marble and marble all this and more found in شركة تنظيف مجالس بخميس مشيط

Instagram