A Little More Mustard Please!

Happy Valentines Day my friends.  My final ‘showing a little love’ challenge for today is to tell at least 3 people that you love them.  I’ll be back later to share some features.

Recently I painted an old laundry table to use as my craft table.  I used A.S. old white on the top and painted the legs a mustard color.  If you’d like to see it visit here: Pass the Mustard Please

We are finishing our basement and when we were emptying it out I ran across an old chair that I have had for a long time.

IMG_9891

She set me back $15 and what originally attracted me was the toile cushion.

IMG_9892

It’s been in the basement because I really had no where for her upstairs.

I decided that it was time for a make over.  And that maybe I needed a little more mustard in the craft room.  I had recently ordered a feed sack from Décor Steals.  You couldn’t pick a color.  Of course, I was hoping for red.  When it arrived with a black stripe instead I found that I was not disappointed.

IMG_9942

The perfect touch with my mustard chair!

IMG_9941

Now, having been raised as a non wasteful person I decided to recycle the toile into a craft project.  I already had this distressed frame so I made some burlap roses and made me a garden of roses.

IMG_9943

Only thing is, after I finished them I thought that maybe they looked more like nests than roses.  What do you think with a closer look?

IMG_9944

And an even closer look?  Maybe I should add a pearl or two to the center on a few of them.

IMG_9945

Oh well, rose or nest I love em both!

IMG_9946

It always feels so good to accomplish something.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for 'Be Inspired"

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Bernideens Tea for Open House

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Miss Mustard Seed for Funiture Feature Friday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Flusters Creative Muster Party

14 comments

Salmagundi said...

You're a busy bee -- I've been slowed down for a week with a nasty cold. So I love living vicariously through those that are accomplishing something. That feed sack is perfect for the mustard chair. Sally

NanaDiana said...

Both project turned out really great, Jann. I did think they were nests when I first looked at them-lol. Maybe a bit of bling (or red center) for them? xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

ps-WHATEVER they looked like they look great!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love both projects, too. It's always amazing how a change in seat cover renews a chair! And yes...they do look like little nests! Very sweet! Happy Valentines day!

Tanya Rachelle said...

Your post made me smile this morning! Love the toile print fabric and so charming you made use of it! Nest, rose ... either or both! Either way, so charming.
~Tanya

Susie said...

Jann, I like the chair. I think it's cute you did not waste the toile. I think it looks fine. Hope you have a Happy Valetine's Day. xoxo, Susie

priscilla said...

Cute chair makeover !! Love your framed piece too !

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jann,

Oh how do I love the little handmade roses, so beautiful! I think some pearls would finish them perfectly!
Pearls go with everything ;0)
Happy Valentine's Day to you & the MR.
All the Best,
Christine

The Farmers Daughter said...

Almost looks like a farmhouse chair to me, Jann! lol

Unknown said...

I think the new cushion color looks good with that chair and the roses are cute as they are-maybe a red center?
Have a happy valentines.

Chenille Cottage said...

What a comfy and well padded chair...just right for your makeover. Your little roses are so pretty. I, too, think a red center would make them pop against your toile.
Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet friend!
Hugs,
Carolynn xoxo

Kay San Nicolas @ Gallery Fifty Eight said...

The redo on the chair looks great and I was so delighted that you framed the toile fabric with touches of burlap roses.

Rose L said...

If you lived closer I would have some items for you to play with--
chairs with broken legs (become shelves?), wooden shapes, odds and ends of cloth bunny and cat dolls, etc. You would have so much fun!!!

Donna Wilkes said...

I sometimes get caught up with mustard - I don't know why it is so appealing. Love the chair and the grain sack seat. I would add small brooches to the flowers.

Instagram