Simple Pleasures. . .

I’m sure that all of us have things around our home that bring us simple pleasure.

You know, those small things that every time you walk by or catch a glimpse of them they make you smile.

For me it can be something as simple as a sweet wool heart pincushion or my fun black and white toile scissors.

IMG_9993

Even a chippy architectural piece turned into a hook to hold one of my aprons.

IMG_9994

Or a small enamel coffee pot picked up on a trip to Vernal with extended family.

IMG_0006

Perhaps it’s a simple collection of old cosmetic jars on a thrifted heart mirror turned tray.

IMG_0004

Maybe it’s a glass bird holding bath salts from a dear friend or a sparkly nest.

IMG_0003

They’re usually nothing too expensive or fancy.  This burlap pennant hanging on my living room French doors is another simple pleasure.

IMG_9997

Often they are things that no one besides me might even notice. . .like this assortment of decorative glass red balls.  Although they have caught the eye of two of my grandies, Jack and Saydee.

IMG_9995

Here are two of my newest simple pleasures. . .a small finial all dressed up with a bow on a dainty thrift find 50 cent saucer.

IMG_9996

When I first bought this clear glass bottle I loved it’s simplicity.  But on Weds. I dolled it up a little for a new simple pleasure.  It’s joining my sweet little framed key.  Part of my first give away win that still makes me smile.

IMG_9998

What ever it is, I hope you have small things that make you smile and bring you ‘simple pleasure’!

Another simple pleasure is when you get an e-mail saying you are being featured at a wonderful blog.  Thanks to the gals  Cindy from Old Time Farmhouse and Dru from The Country Farm Home who host Country Whites Weekend for featuring my  Laundry Room Whites as the 2nd most viewed post.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Sunny Simple Sunday

Old Time Farmhouse Party

29 comments

priscilla said...

Love how you decorate Jann ! Seems like every little piece has a story :) Have a great weekend !

Sassy Southern Lady said...

I feel the same ways about some of my simple things that I love for different reasons.

Jonell w Harrison said...

I totally 'get it" I am almost embarassed sometimes to share what makes me happy around my house..what excites me b/c it is so often the most ordinary items or features that make me feel "home wrapped around me."

Jonell

Bernideen said...

All creative items that bring joy!

Kris said...

Oh yes, I have lots of things that make me smile around my home. And I smiled at yours too!!!
xo Kris

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jann... love all your pretty "simple" things that bring so much pleasure... especially love your vintage enamelware coffee pot... are you ready for our big storm tonight?... YIKES!... we are hunkered down... hope you are too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Think of how boring if everything was a meaningless matched set. I love collected decor.

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean-mine also extends to seeing each kitty in their own nests snoozing. Love those quiet moments.
Have a good weekend

Old Time Cindy said...

You always have such sweet decor. Happy to feature you...wish I had your laundry room!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Rose L said...

Yes, sometimes the little things can bring little pleasures. One I have is a memory box frame in which I placed items of my husbands life.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh fun! It's the little touches that make us happy. Love all yours Jann.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

You know the saying about the simple pleasures. As we mature we realize the true value in that statement!! Your decorating is lovely.

Robyn said...

I love all of your pieces. It took me so long to find my 'style' so to speak so I am slowly adding things that I love looking at but it will take a bit and much work to be where I want it.. One step at a time ...
I wonder if you could help me? If you have time, could you pop on over to my blog and give an opinion on my post about blog etiquette? I had a question and I'd love some answers from seasoned bloggers. Thanks so much :)
Robyn

NanaDiana said...

Congrats on being featured on those blogs, Jann! I love all your collected items-xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Beautiful photos of simple pleasures!!
Congrats on being featured!!
hugs,
Cindy

Heirloom treasures said...

These are lovely vignettes Jann. Congratulations on winning that lovely little key. x

Patty said...

Thank you for sharing your simple pleasures that make you smile. I enjoyed seeing them!

Pam said...

Hi Jann, love all your treasures. Exactly all the things I would have lying around my home; simple, useful and vintage shabbiness! xo Pam

Micupoftea said...

Hello Jann~ I know what you mean...simple pleasures are sweet!

Chenille Cottage said...

Sweet and simple...How I love all your charming touches you, my dear friend. You have such a gift of making things look and feel comfortable. Everything is so artfully displayed.
What a gifted designer you are, Jann!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Stay warm!
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

sweetbriardreams said...

It is lovely to get such a simple piece and then to adorn it to make it feel special. They all look so lovely but I have to agree with your grandies, the glass balls do look great! I did a simple thing of changing a bedroom canvas on the wall yesterday and found my husband adoring it. He completely forgot that there were pictures on the wall! It's funny how after a while we just walk past things unnoticing. Take care. Chel

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Lovely simple pleasures that are definitely treasures. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful and unique pretties. It's always fun to see things that inspire me to take a closer look at small or unique items and creative ways to display them.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Often the small things prompt of memory of a good time spent with family or friends and that is why they bring warmth to your heart. Nice collection of treasures! I have those same glass balls in a wire basket on my kitchen counter -- only mine are blue.

Debra

The Farmers Daughter said...

I live with what I love! (That includes people and animals, too!)
It was an honor to have you at Country Whites Weekend! Always enjoy your posts.
Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Love all of your simple pleasures! It is the little things that make a big difference in a well loved home!
All the Best,
Christine

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

WHEW, HOW DO YOU SPELL RELIEF, lol..

Jann I'll take that coffee pot over the industrial style please....with a side of bacon and eggs, toast dry , butter on the side :)

Juice and coffee yes....

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Jann,
Thank you for boot scootin’ on over to the Old Time Party!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Jann. You have some wonderful vintage collections! I love the enamel coffee pot and the milk glass shakers. Have a great weekend! Pamela

The Farmers Daughter said...

Congrats, Jann, on the feature at Old Time Party! You're becoming quite a country gal! I've been out of town and am just now getting there. Looks like it was a great party!
Hugs and Blessings,
Dru

Instagram