‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Day 2 & Valentine Features

Hello, and happy weekend!

Yesterday I fulfilled my challenge of taking flowers to someone who could use a bit of cheering up.   Jill is a friend from my old neighborhood.  We have been friends for 5 or 6 years.  She has Mono and has had a very hard time getting over it.  This is the second time she has had it.  She had it four years ago also. Then last Winter she had Pneumonia.   Although she is in our quilt guild I haven’t gotten to see her much, since she’s been ill.  She has been on my mind a lot lately.  Her son answered the door.  I was standing in the entry when she walked in and we both said at the same time, “I have been thinking of you”.  So happy that we got to have a few minutes to visit!

Thanks to you who joined in on this challenge!

Today’s challenge:  Call someone that you haven’t talked to for quite a while.

Now for some fun Valentine Features from my recent Share Your Cup parties:

Michele from Sew Sweet Vintage  has been busy creating a little love all around her home.  Love these fun pillowcases and heart pillows made from old clothes.  She is a young mother of a sweet little girl.  Hop over and show her some love!

IMGP8738

Isn’t the pop of purple fun?

IMGP8602

And here’s a couple of fun garlands by Paula (Pollyanna) from Pollyanna Reinvents She’s a fellow Utahan and lives just 45 minutes away.  I got to actually meet her a couple weeks ago.  Fun, fun, fun!  For creative paper ideas she’s your gal!

we can valentines plus becki w flea sign 021

marci and the paper bag banner 014

How about you?  Been showing a little love lately?

hugs,

Jann

4 comments

Visits With Mary said...

I love all of them, really like the banner!!

Susan said...

The banner and the hearts are so cute! I need to show a little love in this house. But honestly I don't think the Valentines thing is going to get done for me this year!
I will just enjoy everyone else's decorations here in blog land!

Isobel Morrell said...

Lovely items you've selected - and I followed up on your Challenge: only problem, the person still seems to be away! Will have to resort to snail mail, I think - but thanks for reminding me to catch up!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I have made a date to catch up with an old friend. Thanks for the reminder. Great features.
Hugs,
Patti

Instagram