Faux Vs. Snow!

Oh my friends, there’s a battle going on here at my house and at times it can get ugly.

What fight is that you ask?  The battle of Faux vs. Snow.

According to our calendar Spring is just around the corner.  But somehow Old Man Winter didn’t get the memo.

IMG_0108

It has been snowing all day again today.  Not heavy, but still snow!

IMG_0104

I decided that if I couldn’t have blooms outside that I would bring the faux in.  Spring blossoms in an old cemetery basket I painted Old White.  Speaking of cemetery, the faux flowers now days are so much better than they were back in the day of the plastic fake flowers.

IMG_0105

I mean really if I had just posted these flowers and not told you that they were faux I think I could pass them off as being real spring blossoms.

Branches picked straight from my Cherry tree and Forsythia.

IMG_0106

And aren’t my Ranunculus and Hydrangeas gorgeous?

IMG_0113

More beautiful white blossoms.  They smell just heavenly. Hee-hee!

IMG_0116

IMG_0111

IMG_0112

Where are all of these beauties?  Sitting on my fireplace hearth where I can get a whiff every time I walk by.

IMG_0110

As vicious as this fight is, I am not throwing in the towel.  Even if Old Man Winter fights dirty every now and then.

IMG_0114

I mean look at this.  He snuck inside and dusted my faux tulips with a bit of that white stuff.  Sure it’s pretty and all. . .but enough is enough!

IMG_0115

Try as he might.  I think if we all band together he doesn’t stand a chance.  Like it or not, he’ll have to step down and let Spring time take the stage!

I’m not sure who you are routing for, but for me it’s FAUX!

IMG_0118

IMG_0117

At least until the real flowers arrive.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Lavender Garden Cottage Party

Wednesday's Adorned From Above

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Bernideens Tea for Open House

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

29 comments

Jill said...

Definitely, the flowers are so much nicer than they used to be - the ones you have are really pretty!

cynthia lee designs said...

We have snow headed our way too! Your flowers are so pretty...I love that the silk flowers look so real now. I was looking at some at our local craft supply store yesterday and it made me wish that Spring would hurry up and get here.
hugs,
Cindy

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I think we're all really raring for spring to get here...I know we will certainly be blessed when it does come- but I sure hope the heat stays at bay, I hate the heat.

Cute post, Jann! Hugs!

Kris said...

I agree. Some even look so real, you cannot tell the difference. Surely, the snow will melt away eventually, and Spring will be just around the corner. Hang in there!
xo kris

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

They are gorgeous!

Susan said...

Your blooms are gorgeous. Wow! that is a lot of snow. I don't blame you for bringing spring into your home.

Linda W. said...

What beautiful flowers! But I like the snow best! :)

Pam said...

I love the look of the silk flowers out in the shops now. I am not much good at watering anything , so I have many of these small grouping of flowers tucked into various spots. Your all look amazing, like you have the greenest thumb ever! xp Pam

Maureen Wyatt said...

Snow is coming down here fast and furious! I'm rooting for your faux and booing your snow.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Yes faux flowers are really realistic these days. I won't see any flowers outside here until May.

Tina´s PicStory said...

we are just calling for spring with *colors of spring*. if you like join us with your lovely pics :)

Maria Elena said...

Gorgeous Spring decor! I can't believe how much snow you guys have! Hope the weather gets better soon. Would you believe my roses are in full bloom? I can't believe it either, but we have had NO winter in Texas.

Unknown said...

My vote is faux-so pretty now days.
Have a good rest of week.

Unknown said...

Lovely blooms, Jann... bring on spring!

Unknown said...

Lovely blooms, Jann... bring on spring!

Chenille Cottage said...

Good Morning, my sweet friend!
I'm sitting here at my sister, Sherry's kitchen table with my cuppa hazelnut decaf and just loving your cute post. Jann...You can sure tell a good story. Your cemetery basket is so pretty with it's bountiful arrangement of silk flowers...You would never know they are "faux"! I'm afraid old man winter doesn't want to go away. We have had snow off and on for several days.
I know you are going to have a happy day...just because!
Blessings,
Carolynn xo
I'm in Salem helping out with my elderly Mom for the next several days. :)

Rose L said...

At least the faux brightens up the room! A little perfume could give them a scent!

Unknown said...

Hi. I'm stopping in from the Adorned from Above Link Up. I am following your blog now. I would love it if you would stop by my blog and follow as well. I have a Blog Hop going on right now so please be sure to link up as well.

Blog address: www.ashleychapmandesigns.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

|I wish we had some snow here....
But we never do, and today the weather was quite warm(!!)

The flowers are beautiful, so colorful.... :)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Jan,

Oh my goodness, you could have fooled me...Your flowers look so real. I also put out faux flowers, they last longer...Hehehe LOL
I can't wait either for spring, we don't get snow but we do get ice on our windows and its very cold.
Thank you so much for your sweet note on our headboard XO.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Diane said...

Jan - you could have fooled me with your faux spring! Our rain in Georgia has finally stopped and we have real flowers blooming. We had a glorious day today. However, in the summer, you will be happy and I will be burning up - lol!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are lovely. I'm so read to decorate for Spring!

Unknown said...

Gotta get me some springtime blooms. Yours look so real and pretty. Love the way you have displayed them. Just beautiful! Thanks for hosting!!

Ruthie Miller said...

Dear Jann,
Love your bunny plate and your springy outlook.
It's coming, it's coming. Just think of how you will appreciate it when it gets here!
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

sandy said...

Very pretty even if they AREN'T real. We didn't get much snow here this year so I'm a bit envious of yours. But still looking forward to Spring!
sandy :)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the rabbit plate. Fake flowers are expensive now and some are almost as good as the real thing, plus they last so you can enjoy the real ones in the garden
Following
Janice

Tami Von Zalez said...

So love the cut branches!

Popped in from Pink Saturday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE love your beautiful florals. that wicker basket is perfect for Spring!!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Instagram