‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Day 11 & Valentine Features

It’s the start of a new day and a new way to show a little love.

We had grandchildren all weekend long.  They seem to have a good time.  Although, don’t ask me why, Grandpa and I really aren’t that much fun. lol!  Because there was always at least two of them they had so much fun playing with each other.

Today’s challenge:

Compliment as many people as you can.  This is something that is so easy, but how often do we do it?  Think of how it makes you feel when someone throws a compliment your way.

Have you ever tried complimenting a total stranger?  I have and it is ever so fun.  One day quite a few years ago,  I noticed that often complimentary thoughts would pop into my head when I was standing next to strangers.  I’d think them but never express them.  One day I thought, “why not tell them how cute their purse is, or how much I love their hair style”.  I’ve been doing it regularly ever since.  It’s so fun to see the expression on their face.  Somehow it brightens their day.

Now for some Valentine features from recent Share Your Cup links.

Sherry from The Charm of Home shared her sweet and simple wreath.  Go see how she made the cute flower.

IMG_2700

The Plumed Pen shared some of her Valentine Teas over the years.

photo-5

Dru from Country Farm Home shared her beautiful transferware and just look at that cupcake.  YUM!

BeFunky_DSC00251

It might surprise you what Stephanie from The Enchanting Rose used to make this darling rolled wreath.  Here’s a hint:  You use it to clean up spills.

IMG_3735

And Vicki from Life in My Empty Nest  gave some bling to a burlap heart to doll up one of her plants for Valentines.

Photo Feb 5, 2013 2_30 PM

In the famous words of Sherlock Holmes, (with a twist).  Remember, it’s Complimentary Day my dear friends!

hugs,

Jann

10 comments

Stephanie said...

Hello, my dear Jann! You are so thoughtful to include my Paper Towel Wreath with your other amazing features - thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it :)

I enjoyed looking at what the other ladies did....the cupcakes look amazing and I would love one right now :)

Have a wonderful week and a lovely Valentine's Day.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Nancy said...

Thanks for the reminder to give compliments to total strangers, Jann. I haven't done that for a while and I'd forgotten how much fun it is to see their response. I'm back on it as of today! Loved all the valentine lovelies you showed us. So many clever, creative bloggers out there. Beautiful table tops, too. Cheers.

pembrokeshire lass said...

I often compliment complete strangers on their clothes etc and they are always taken aback but it's good to see them walk away with a smile on their face!! Joan

The Charm of Home said...

Hi Jann,
Thank you so very much for the feature. I appreciate it. This is so nice you take a chance to compliment some one. I think time slips away and we forget to hand out compliments. Thank you for your friendship and your lovely blog.
Sherry

Kris said...

I agree, we should compliment more often! I will do this today! The only place I am going is to the Dr. and to the Vet.
Love the featured blogs you list here today. That cupcake.....oh my!!!
It IS fun to watch the grandkids play together. Cousins.....are a kids first best friends!!
xo Kris

Micupoftea said...

Hello Jann! I always do that- compliment strangers and greet them with a simple 'hello' or 'have a great day'...haha! My daughter thinks I'm crazy, but I've found that people generally respond nicely and some are surprised and just smile all over. Ive had a few that go on to say something else about their day or about the store, etc. People, more often than not, like to talk about themselves so a quick comment or question gets them going and they walk away smiling. Have a great week, friend :)
SHawn

The Farmers Daughter said...

Well, Jann, I'll start this complimentary day with you! What a very special person and friend you are! I started blogging just a little over a year ago and you were one of the first to visit my blog with an encouraging comment! It meant so much to me! So, I wanted to say, "Thanks! You're tops!"
Thank you for the feature, too! Enjoyed visiting all the features--so many talented women out there!
Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

Unknown said...

I've done that for years and it IS fun. I love surprising people with a comment-it's most fun with children who are trudging along with a busy parent-they so love being noticed ;-)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What gorgeous features, Jann - thanks for bringing such talent to light.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Many years ago, my sister was going through a very hard time. A woman complimented her on how lovely her skin looked against the colour of her coat. It made her feel so good and she was so grateful for it that she and I have made a practice of complimenting strangers as often as we can ever since.

Instagram