‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Day 6 & Valentine Features

Hello my friends, today is another day of showing a little love. 

I am having a good time spreading  love here and there.  Like I’ve mentioned before, hopefully we are doing this every day.  But paying a little extra attention never hurts.

For today’s challenge I will be feeding the body as well as the soul.  That’s a fancy way of saying I’m taking dinner into an elderly lady in our neighborhood.  I am cheating a bit here, because I signed up a while ago to do this.  I am also doing the same for another lady on Friday.  One is in her 90’s and the other is 102.  They both live at home alone.  They are incredible woman! They love company and the visit is as important as the meal.

For Yesterday’s challenge I made some sugar cookies.  I have a little baking center in one corner of my kitchen.  It’s nice to have my sprinkles close at hand.

IMG_9886

IMG_9887

IMG_9885

That faux cupcake looks good enough to eat.

IMG_9888

Right about now I am laughing because I took pictures of the baking center, but forgot to take pics of the cookies.  Too funny!

Oh well, they have been delivered to a sweet friend, Amanda.  Her and her hubby have been down with that nasty flu.  I also swung by my Fil’s to give him a few.  He didn’t answer but hubby took them to him later when he went down for ‘Pinochle’ night.

Now for some fun Valentine Features from recent ‘Share Your Cup’ links.

Hope you will come back later today and link up with this weeks party.

I can tell that today is going to be a ‘banner’ day.  What gave me that idea?  Well, just look at today’s features.

These first two were both created by Geneva from My Hearts Song. She is very clever.

Bee Mine on Shutters

Love Banner 60

How about this fun one by Artsy Va Va? Go see the cute bottle she made to match.  She really lives up to her name!

Valentine Burlap1G

Life in My Empty Nest created this darling using some super cute buttons.

Photo Jan 29, 2013 3_06 PM

Love this fun paint chip one made by Allyson from Domestic Super Hero

heartbanner3

And this last fluttering heart banner was made by Sarah from Alderberry Hill.  Such fun dimension.

Fluttering-Heart-Banner-Alderberry-Hill-IV_thumb

Thanks ladies for helping to make this a banner day full of ‘LOVE’!

Hugs,

Jann

12 comments

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

I just love these challenges you are doing. So sweet. Those ladies will adore their visits from you. So sweet. Amazing banners. So many creative people. I really like the "LOVE" banner with the book pages and chalkboard. I have everything to make that!! :)
Karen

Maureen said...

Oh these are so cute! I just found a bunch of crepe paper honeycomb hearts at the thrift store -- how cool would they be in a banner? I shall have to find out tonight when I get home ;)

Thank you for the inspiration!

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a lot of neat and fun things and ideas for Valentines Day. So many options...so little time! Thanks for visiting! See you tomorrow!
Ruth

Sassy Southern Lady said...

The banners are cute. It makes me want to create one.

Artsy VaVa said...

Thank you so much, Jann, for featuring my banner! I hope you're having a great week!

Susie said...

Loving all the banners. I absolutely adore the ceramic stove. xoxo,Susie

Visits With Mary said...

The sprinkles look good, I'll just imagine how good the cookies looked! teehee...I know your friend enjoyed them. Have a great day!

Geneva said...

"Showing a Little Love" is such a neat challenge ... thank you so much for featuring my banners, plus I loved seeing the other features as well. You've sure made my day!
Blessings!
Geneva

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

My mom is 95 and lives with my brother and his wife, and even so she cherishes times when people come to visit. With all my car trouble I haven't been able to go for a few weeks. :( Glad to see you are sharing the love with the women who live alone. Bless you!
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

Gina said...

Your little baking center is great. Such pretty photos!

I love that you are taking a meal to those women...very sweet!

Kay San Nicolas @ Gallery Fifty Eight said...

The features are awesome Jann. Thanks for hosting a wonderful party.

Heather Nelsen said...

Hey Jann! I'm glad I found your blog! I'm your newest follower and hope to back each week to check out the hop! Thanks so much for hosting!

~Heather
http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

Instagram