‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Day 13 & Valentine Features

The big day is almost here.  St. Valentines, the official day of ‘LOVE’!

I hope you are able to spend the day with someone special in your life.

Yesterday’s challenge was met a little differently than I had expected.  I set out with the mind set that I would ‘smile’ and say ‘hi’ to anyone I came across.  I started doing this and before long it seemed like almost everyone had read my post and had accepted the challenge.  So many people were so friendly, smiled and said ‘hi’ to me before I had a chance to say it to them first.

Then on the other hand, there were those that didn’t look my way and give me the chance to greet them with a smile.  All in all it was a fun challenge and it’s one that I will be doing often.

Todays challenge:   Take a friend to lunch or just for a day out.  Sometimes getting someone out of the house for a day of fun and conversation is just what the Dr. ordered.

Valentine Features from recent Share Your Cup party links:

*Hope you will come back later today and join in SYC!

Art and Sand shared how she added a little love to a spot in her kitchen.

garland

She also shared this sweet framed heart she created.

IMG_3069

It looks right at home in this vignette.

IMG_1149

Kathy from Life on Lakeshore Drive made these cute felt rose topiary's  You would be surprised at what she used for the ball top.

vtm 

Susan and Bentley from Ash Tree Cottage delighted us with this cute red vignette.

lets dish1

And Sarah from Alderberry Hill sent us to the Moon & Back with her LOVE-ly chalkboard.

Valentine-Chalkboard_thumb

And her framed art work.

Simple-Valentine-Frames_thumb

Hope your day is full of hugs and kisses!

hugs,

Jann

10 comments

Susie said...

Jann, Those are all beautiful things. I just love to see how crafty everyone is.xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

I love that you are doing this, Jann! You never know what a simple smile and "HI" can do to turn a person's day around. At the very least...it doesn't hurt...and then the possibilities of the encouragement of this gesture can bring are endless.
Good for you! We need more Janns in this world.
melinda

Lori E said...

I'll bet more people saw a smile on your face and felt more at ease to smile and greet you.
I think we would be surprised with the looks on our pusses when we are busy out and about sometimes with our to do lists weighing heavy on us.
Thanks for cheering up the world one smile and hello at a time.

Rose L said...

Because I work on a campus I do say hello and smile at many people I do not know, also those I do. On Valentine's day they have an open mike event where people can come and read a poem or such. I am not sure I will go as still get emotional since husband's death in Nov.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a great idea. It's amazing when you smile at someone. They usually smile back. I always talk to stranger while I am shopping.
Have a wonderful Valentine's day.

Bernideen said...

So many clever ideas here!

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, such pretty Valentine's touches...from the hand of so many darling blogging buddies.
I love your challenge and it is such a joy to give or receive a smile...and, especially from a stranger.
Blessings, my sweet friend,
Carolynn xoxo
Be back later today for your SYC party. ;-)

The Farmers Daughter said...

It's like a party every day! Great features!
Hugs and Blessings,
Dru

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my topiaries!! You made my day. Thanks for the parties each week. Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
Kathy

Unknown said...

Thanks a million Jann - they are all such great projects, I'm so thrilled to be included!

Instagram