‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Days 8, 9, & 10 and Valentine Features

Yesterday was such a busy day that I missed posting day 8 challenge.  I headed out of the house early to go help my sister with more packing.  So I’ve combined two days for a weekend challenge.

Really, it’s not even a challenge at all, but here it is:  Spend some time with the little people in your life.

Two of our granddaughters spent the night last night.  They are both still snoozing as I type.  We will also be tending two little grandsons later today and attending a basketball game of another granddaughter.  This is something that we do often so it really isn’t a challenge. 

Growing up all of my grandparents had passed before I was old enough to remember them.  I had Aunts and Uncles that took their place.  I think the bond between little people and their grandparents is so amazing.  Hopefully, we inspire in them the desire to do right.  I once heard that if your grandkids are on fb.  Be their friends.  It makes a difference of what they might do or say if they know we are watching.  I am their friends on fb and Instagram.

Now enough rambling and some fab Valentine features from my recent Share Your Cup parties:

Heather from Friendship Life and Style shared her sweet Valentine table for two.

DSC_0220

Paula from Pollyanna Reinvents showed how she dolled up her candy jars Graphics Fairy style.

maui chill valentines candy jars 038

Debbie Dabble shared her Valentine pinks.  Including this beautiful wreath.

100_9080

Winnie from Winnish is always cooking up fabulous things.  Believe me the men in your life will not be Snickering if you make them this yummy Snickers cake for Valentines.

_-_1_~1

And look at this sweet dish shared by Bi Ti from Pret-a-Vivre

Panna Cotta for Valentine

Have a LOVE-ly weekend!

Jann

12 comments

Art and Sand said...

We don't have any grands yet, but we savor spending time with our kids when they visit. And today, I am pampering my husband because he goes in for shoulder replacement Tuesday morning. He is in great pain and scared about the surgery and its results. So I actually made breakfast this morning.

Love all your Valentine pics.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Thanks so much for featuring my pink Dining Room decorated for V Day!!

I will give you a shout out in my next post!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Winnie said...

What a WONDERFUL surprise
Thank you soooooo much Jann for featuring my Snickers Cake
I'm very honored!!
♥ ♥ ♥

Maureen Wyatt said...

I am fb friends with the two grands who are old enough to be allowed on it. I'm sure it does make them think before they post. I agree that it's important for kids to spend time with their grandparents and find mine are comfortable telling me some things they might not want to mention to their parents. It's not big stuff, just getting an older person's perspective on life it seems.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann, thank you so much for featuring my Valentine Panna Cotta. I don't have any grand kids nor kids, but I do have many G nephews and nieces and whenever I get a chance I love to spend time with them too :)

xx,
BiTi

Susie said...

Love your valentine's photos. I did decorate a thing for Valentine's. I did send my grandkids cards with money, to buy their own treats.
I will be meeting some classmates for bunch this coming Monday, that will be my Valentine's treat. Enjoy this pretty day. We have sunshine. xoxo,Susie

Ann, Heather and Sheila said...

Thank you, Jann, for featuring my Valentine's table for two. You made my day!
Heather

Micupoftea said...

Have fun with the grands! We have no youngsters or grandchildren in either side of the family. All of our siblings are childless. Looking forward to someday being a grandparent, and all the siblings can be 'step' grandparents if they wish. :)
Happy Valentine's Day~

Unknown said...

Ohhh my my, so much beauty here! Thank you for sharing with us and I hope you have a blast with the little ones! :)

Hugs,

Kris said...

Hi Jann,
You have some pretty blogs for us to go check out.
I am friends with lots of my nieces and nephews. Sometime they post things I do not approve of though!!!
XO Kris

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
I hope you have had a jammed packed weekend with your grands. Filled with lots of big hugs & little kisses!!
All the Best,
Christine

Rose L said...

My best friend was with me through the last week of my husbands life and flew to S. California for the memorial service for him where all his family lives. When we returned to Oregon, I took her out to dinner as a thank you for her love and friendship. I wish I could do more to thank her for her love and friendship. We have been best friends since 1967.

Instagram