Farmhouse Finds

Lately I have been chomping at the bits to get out and do a bit of thrifting or antiquing.

On Friday they finished framing our basement and I had the perfect excuse.  In other words, I had a mission.  To find a small 2 ft. wide old door for what will be the pantry.

My sister, Jeanne and I headed down to the Springville Antique Mall.

I’m happy to say, (thanks to my sis) because she is the one who spied it.  Mission accomplished.  It needs a good work over with some soap and water so I will show it later, but of course I didn’t buy just that.

I am going for a farmhouse look.  No farmhouse kitchen would be complete without a bit of Pyrex.  Lucky for me, one booth was 50% off.  I picked up this cute blue one for $10.  I found the little red one in a different booth for $5.  Had to have it because it was red!

IMG_9846

I have an old Hoosier cupboard that I have not been able to use.  I left it at our previous home, which our son bought.  Can’t wait to bring it home!  It has an enamel top with blue trim.  Won’t it be so cute filled with my Pyrex?

Another 50% off piece for $15.  This one will stay upstairs in my  red, green, and aqua kitchen.

IMG_9853

I found this little sifter.  I thought it was unique with the lid.  Not sure if it really even went with it.  For $4.99 I  knew it was coming home with me.

IMG_9848

On our way to the antique mall I stopped off at the D.I. thrift shop.  Found a few fun things there.  These yellow tumblers for .75 each.  Love those stripes!

IMG_9851

IMG_9852

I found these for .75 and $1.

IMG_9850

Then this afternoon I went with my friend, Joyce and her darling daughter, Jamie (who so graciously chauffeured us and even brought me home afterwards)  to an antiques sale at a friends home.  I found an item that has been on my want list.  An old crock to hold my rolling pin collection.  Isn’t she a beauty?  No super deal, but I didn’t think $30 was bad.  It’s hard to tell, but it’s the perfect size!

IMG_9847

Last of all I found something fun for the craft room.  An old type pad drawer (I think that’s what they are called).  The piece along the bottom is galvanized tin.  She had old family pictures hanging from the clothespins. Love the rope! The slots are perfect for holding mail. 

IMG_9855

Pretty good finds, don’t you think?  Hope you found some treasures of your own!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Old Time Party at the Old Time Farmhouse

The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

25 comments

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Good job Jann! Thrifting has been slow here.

Old Time Cindy said...

Jann,
Your farmhouse look is coming together nicely. What fun you are having! I'd love to be able to join you in pickin'. Thanks for boot scootin' on over to the Old Time Party!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pollyanna said...

I love junking, just wish I had been at the antique mall when you came down, maybe next time .... and congrats on the door!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like you did good!
No junkin for me this weekend, but I do need a good fix.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Susie said...

Love the pyrex. I have a few vintage pyrex in my collection. If you like red keep an eye out for the Friendship pattern from the 70's it's awesome and sometimes hard to find, but worth it when you do.

Bernideen said...

Yes...I love it all! I use lots of old bowls...they are wonderful. I always kept my cooking utensil in drawers but last year I started putting them all in various containers on the counter and I can now find what I'm looking for. LOVE YOUR NEW "old" treasures.

cynthia lee designs said...

Great finds!! I've been wanting to go thrifting, but it has been so cold and snowy here...I'm so ready for Spring!
hugs,
Cindy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness what great finds!! I love pyrex and you got a great price on them!

Carol

Maureen Wyatt said...

This is the really fun part of decorating! It's all going to look great.

YamYam said...

Really really special finds-I like the photo holder much!
Ines

Micupoftea said...

Fun stuff! We love poking through antique shops for little treasures. Looks like you found several and got to spend time with your sister too :)
Have a great week,
Shawn

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Love your treasures Jann. Pyrex is on my wish list too. I found 1 (lol) bowl so far in a lovely brick red color with a pattern of sprigs of wheat in a lovely beige!

Great prices too!

Have fun with the transformation!:)

Maria Elena said...

What awesome finds! I love your Pyrex! I only have one left from my old set. Love them!

Anonymous said...

great finds! I found that same Bluebird Pyrex at the thrifts a couple weeks ago!

Have fun decorating! ♥

Babs said...

Great finds! I like the Pyrex containers. I'm using mine a lot more now that there's the warning about NOT using plastic in the microwave. I'm also using them as refrigerator containers for leftovers. Your new things will look great on your Hoosier cabinet. Love that crock.

Unknown said...

Wow, you scored some fun finds there. I love the glasses, so pretty.
Hope your having a good weekend.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Great finds! They are totally reminiscent of the farmhouse look. I really like those yellow tumblers!

Visiting from Sunny Simple Sunday :)
Tammy
ourneckofthewoods.net

snwflake76 said...

What!?! No mention of your lovely driver on that Saturday excursion? I'm hurt Jann, but I'll forgive you this time... Love, the girl in the hybrid

Rose L said...

It is fun to hit shops and seek treasures. I am enjoying my visit to California to see family and for husbands memorial.

ThrifterSisters said...

Jann,

Being the Pyrex girl that I am, this post definitely made my Monday morning! The Bluebird casserole is super cute. I have one of my own and bought my sister one for Christmas. My kitchen theme is vintage farmhouse so I would have bought every single thing that you did as well!

Happy Monday,

Erica

A Joyful Cottage said...

Jann, you could go thrifting for my cottage and come home with the perfect items. I love everything you found. Great job! (Can't wait to see that door.)

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

Love the Pyrex casserole dish with the aqua birds. I've never seen that pattern before. The drawer is fabulous!

Sunny Simple Life said...

That is an excellent buy on that crock. I love your theme. Farmhouse is so comforting and cozy.

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

I love old crocks! You did a good job ;) I'm your newest follower ;)
Jamie ~ Better With Age

Diann said...

Lots of fun thrifted treasures Jann! Glad you found the door you were looking for. And I love the big crock! Thank you for sharing at TTF.

Instagram