‘Showing a Little Love’ Challenge. . .Day 7 & Valentine Features

Well my friends, we are half way through our ‘showing a little love’ challenge.  Let me say that I have so enjoyed those of you who have joined in and shared with me the different ways that you have met your challenge.

It’s not too late to join now!  Even if you only do 1 or 2 of the challenges it will open your heart to showing love to others.

Today’s challenge:  Lend a helping hand to someone in need.

My sweet sis, Jeanne is in an awful mess.  The ceilings in her home started to sag.  Her heating is in her ceiling and they think that is why.  Last week it actually cracked and started to fall down in one area.  She called the insurance.  All of her ceilings are full of asbestos and must come down.  Everything must be removed from the upstairs of her home.  Boy does she have her work cut out for her! 

I will be going over to help her box up.  Now, would I have done this without this challenge?  Absolutely not!  lol!  Just kidding, of course I would.  But still, helps me pay attention to going the extra mile.

Today’s Valentine features from recent Share Your Cup links.

If you haven’t joined this weeks party please go here:  Share Your Cup Thursday #44

Artsy Va Va dressed up a plain red bottle with a Valentine sentiment.

red bottle1G

Gina from Random Thoughts from an Incoherent Mind shared her sweet Valentine mantel

IMG_5694 blog

Karen Mary Butterfly ( I always have to write her entire name because it’s so darn cute) from Shabby Brocante showed her thrift find white dish that matched her candle holders to a tee.

DSCN8707

And Kathy from Life on Lake Shore Drive  made this cute heart and framed it.

hw15

Throwing a little love your way today!

Jann

8 comments

Unknown said...

Everything is so cute-especially love that plate that matches the candleholders, what a find.

Susie said...

Wow all the valetine things are so cute. Please, please take this to heart...I will tell you wear a face mask, cover your hair and shoes . Asbestos is a very scary thing. The actual pieces seen ina microscope have a hook on them. they anchor into tissue and lungs causing cancer. I have heard that if you threw a handful of asbetos into the air on Friday, it would still be in the air on Monday.xo,Susie

Artsy VaVa said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Valentine bottle! Have a great weekend!!! Sorry about your sister's misfortune.

Robyn said...

I love the wine bottle! Your poor sister!.. What a mess :(.. I too have popcorn ceilings which I despise and I would like to remove it but from what I hear it's a mess to do it.. I hope your sisters mess gets cleaned up easily and quickly.. That poor girl
:(
Robyn

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my wreath! Feeling the love!! :) You made my day.

So sorry to hear about your sister's awful ordeal. What a mess!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kathy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Great features! What a nightmare for your sister. I'm glad the insurance is coming the cost but the mess will be something else again!

Kay San Nicolas @ Gallery Fifty Eight said...

Lovely features Jann. And I must write the name tooo Karen Mary Butterfly (I love it). And now I'm off to visit these blogs.
Hugs,
Kay

Gina said...

Oh your poor sister! Luckily she has you to give her a hand. Thanks for featuring my mantel!

Instagram