Creating Christmas-Keep on Trucking Tablescape

Hello and welcome to day 3 of Creating Christmas!

(Just a reminder that Share Your Cup will return next week)
 
 
I don't know about you, but creating Christmas all around the house is one of my favorite things to do!
 
Today Cecilia from My Thrift Store Addiction is our host.  So hop on over and share your Christmas tablescapes and kitchens.
 
Many of you know that I am a big 'theme' girl.  Yup, give me a theme and I am one happy lady!  :)
 
This year the theme for my Christmas kitchen is "Keep on Truckin".  It was not planned,  just sort of fell into place.
 
 
It started with this wool mat that I was making to go on my island.  My sweet friend, Amanda gave me the pattern.  I was hoping to have it finished before I shared this tablescape, but I have not had time to pick it up the last two weeks.
 

 
It will be cut into a scalloped shape and blanket stitched onto a piece of black wool.
 
One day while shopping at T. J. Maxx I heard my sister Jeanne say, "Jann, you're going to want this." 

 
I tried to resist, but boy was she ever right.
 
From there we went to Tuesday Morning.  Then I heard my sister Julie say, "Jann, you're going to want this".
 
A sweet truck runner.
 
 
Turns out that my sisters are very good at helping me spend my money.  lol!
 
From there the tablescape took place.  I started with a red rug that my friend, Joyce gave me for my birthday.  Perfect for July, but it works for Christmas as well.
 
 
To tie in with the stars I added my star cake stand with a stack of plaid plates.
 
 
In the center is a thrift find tree shaker.  Yes, I pick up lone shakers if they are cute.  This one fit the bill!
 
 
More plates and a cute deer couple purchased at Wal-mart a couple of years ago.
All of the plaid dishes were picked up at thrift stores as well.
I bought the little square plates at Target last year.
 
 
A family of deer are tucked under a cloche.  One things for sure, if you go 'truckin' into the woods you're bound to see a deer or two.
 
 

 
Notice the fun silverware?  I found them at our local thrift.  I found a few one week and a few more the next.  LUCKY!!  Still not a complete set, but enough that I can use them for hubby and I.
 
I did just that using the plates that I bought at a damaged goods store two years ago.
 
 
I had to set the teaspoon above because there wasn't enough room on the square charger.
 
 
It's a set of four plates and each scene is different.  Looks like I'll be 'truckin' on a bike.  Hee, hee!
 
 
What's funny is that I set them up on each end of the table.  Which obviously we wouldn't ever sit at opposite ends, all by our little lonesome.  Truth be told, we will fix our plate, head into the family room, and place it on the ottoman.  :)  That's where we eat most nights.  We like to watch the news as we dine.
 
 
 
 
Of course I had to carry the theme over into the chandy.
 
 
I wrapped two different garlands around the chandelier and added a few strips of plaid fabric.  Then I hung three truck and one woody ornament from the greenery.  The trucks came from Target, Wal-mart, and Kohls. I already had the woody.
 
 
We definitely need a cooler when ever we go truckin. It's important to stay hydrated.   My sweet neighbor, Cathy brought this back from Michigan for me last year.  I love it!!
 

 
Christmas is a busy time, but when life starts getting you down, just remember to "keep on truckin"!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
Creating Christmas link party will remain open until the 24th.  Please continue to share!
 
Christmas Vignettes:   Art and Sand
Christmas Trees:  Let's Add Sprinkles
 
Then on Friday hop over to Camp and Cottage Living to share your fabulous porches and outdoor spaces.
 
 

17 comments

Tamara said...

This is so adorable, Jann! It's all so colorful and cheerful. And your truck mat is going to be so cute. Best wishes for a day that's merry and bright.

Hugs,
Tamara

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh my gosh Jann it is all so pretty and adorable. Love all your little vintage trucks. Everything is so cute and festive. Have a great rest of this beautiful day.
Hugs
Kris

Susie said...

Jann, I love all the plaids and the trucks. I had a few trucks here myself. I have been trying to get Ted to make me some tree slices to use as small chargers. I love it all. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

You have some fabulous thrift stores near you! I never find such treasures at mine. I am loving the whole truckin' theme this year. You have done it up perfectly, but then I would expect nothing less!

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love your theme!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, I truly adore your decor. Love those plaid dishes! Everything is so pretty and festive. It's the most wonderful time of the year! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Totally cute, Jann! Love it.

NanaDiana said...

It is really sweet, Jann. Homey feeling and so festive. Of course I LOVE anything with a truck om it-that piece you made is really really cute!!! How great that your sisters help you spend your money. xo Diana

Rose L said...

Cute!

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

So pretty and merry, Jann! I just love your stacks of plaid plates! Oh, my! Those red pickup trucks carrying Christmas trees have been calling my name in every store!! So far, I have resisted, but I was holding a wooden wall hanging red pickup just this morning at the mall. I don't think I can resist much longer! I just love your customized red plaid pickup truck! :) So cute!

My sweet brother drives a red pickup truck and always helped me carry my Christmas tree in his truck. It was our special tradition for so many years! I've been using a vintage SU truck stamp to make his cards for several years. I often put a tree in the back. It's a special part of our story!

I just love visiting your lovely home, Jann. It would be such fun to be neighbors! ♡

Jeanie said...

Fabulous, Jann! I wish I could find a bike plate like that for the resident cyclist! It all comes together so well and I just love how your theme played out! It's four star in every single way!

camp and cottage living said...

I love your trucking tablescape, Jann!
What a find that festive silverware was.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your runner that you're putting together is just to adorable, Jann! I love how your sisters help you spend your $$$!! Your theme and table is just fun....just like you!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your tablescape is terrific, I love it. So many great trucks and items to go with it.
You are right - give you a theme and off you go.

Great post Jann and Love everything.

Have a very Merry Christmas...

Hugs,
Mary

Adrienne said...

I SO enjoyed looking at your photos, and just love all the trucks! =)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE tablescape, Jann!

You nailed the vintage truck vibe - love it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann I love a theme and you took this one and made it so special. Love all the cute touches you added with the deer and trees and trucks. Thanks for sharing with us!

Instagram