Every Bloomin thing!

93 degrees and still having fun.  On Tuesday we visited the Botanical Gardens in Az with our daughter, Kylee and her husband.

It was a good ten degrees warmer than usual, but it didn’t stop us from having a great time.

I loved every bloomin thing!

IMG_6076

IMG_6058

IMG_6055

IMG_6059

IMG_6077

IMG_6071

My favorite was the wildflower garden.  I put my camera on the Macro setting and snapped away.

Look at this little guy he had a birds eye view.

IMG_6067

This one just didn’t want to be bothered while he was eating.

IMG_6064

Even though I loved the wildflowers, no garden in Arizona would be complete without cactus.

IMG_6056

IMG_6051

IMG_6054

I love these!  They remind me of a felted wool pincushion,

IMG_6085

Two orange bloomin beauties!  The cactus and my daughter, Kylee.

IMG_6050

A few of my favorites.

IMG_6062

IMG_6060IMG_6081

IMG_6068

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  If you ever get the chance to see it, I say it’s definitely worth your time.  The tickets are a bit pricey, $18.  Our daughter bought a group-on for $9 each.  Then we found out that the 2nd Tues. of every month is free.  So she saved the tickets for another time and our final cost was $0.  Can’t beat that.

If you haven’t linked up with “Share Your Love Thursday”, please scroll down to my previous post.  I would love to have you share!  There is also a give away.

Also, I want to thank Liz from Brambleberry Cottage for featuring my “Dying for Turquoise” post!

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Lisas Chaos for Macro Monday

4841868868_bd9fd8077f_m

A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

20 comments

A Garden of Threads said...

Thank you for the tour, loved the orange cactus flower. Have a great weekend.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the tour - enjoyed the great photos, and your daughter is very pretty.
Have a great weekend.

allisamazing said...

What a great tour :) I absolutely love cactuses in bloom!

pembrokeshire lass said...

Just loved the photos...incredible. Thanks for sharing your day in such a special way. Joan

poppilinnstudios said...

What a beautiful place to visit! Your photos are beautiful Jann-I love that cute little furry guy! Thanks for sharing and 93 degrees sounds wonderful to me!
-Lynn

DearHelenHartman said...

What gorgeous blooms. SOOOOO different from what we are seeing in Kentucky. Really loved my first visit to your blog. Thanks for visiting mine so I could come enjoy the view.

NanaDiana said...

Jann- What a neat place to visit. I love going to public gardens and seeing all the beautiful plants. I don't know a danged thing about cactus except that it pricks!;>) I really loved that little white cactus with the pink flowers on top. It looks like Easter eggs with a garland when I look at the picture.

I am so glad you are enjoying your time there- xo Diana

Ricki Treleaven said...

What gorgeous photos! They are making me homesick for Scottsdale! I miss it so much.

xo,
RJ

camp and cottage living said...

Your daughter is beautiful!
Oh, so are the flowers!
Not so sure about the heat, though.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What gorgeous flowers, Jann...amazing blooms. Your daughter is the most beautiful of all. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Gayle.

Anonymous said...

This is a great series of pictures! I love that little critter. :-)

Vores have said...

Great pictures you show.
Wishing you a good day.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Herding Cats said...

What wonderful pictures!

Libby said...

Wow great photos! I especially liked the cactus flowers! Your daughter is also beautiful. :)

Ellie said...

Wonderful pictures.

Kathy Walker said...

Lovely tour. The cactus pictures are beautiful. A little hot for me...I want to have more spring before the high temperatures hit!!

Andrea said...

The flowers are all beautiful and you captured them pretty well. I computed the temperatures to degrees C and they surely almost equaled ours with a few decimal points, as ours is 35C. You couple it with a very high humidity and i am sure it is more difficult, unlike in Az where humidity is very low. We are at the peak of our dry season, that's why!

Light and Voices said...

I really enjoyed seeing the cacti in bloom.
Joyce M

Linda said...

Beautiful photos! I have been to the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix twice now - loved it both times. Much different flora than we are accustomed to on the east coast!

LindyLouMac said...

I am calling by today as another Outdoor Wednesday participant, lovely to find you here. Pretty flowers and daughter, please send some warmth our way it is about ten degrees colder than it should be.

Instagram