Long May She Wave!

Hi friends, today I am sharing some red, white, and blue.


O! say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming,
And the Rockets red glare, the Bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our Flag was still there:
O! Say, does that star-spangled Banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?

DSC02257

DSC02268

DSC02267

On the shore, dimly seen, through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence repose,
What is that, which the breeze o'er the towering sleep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines on the stream,
'Tis the star-spangled banner. O! long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

DSC02261

DSC02281

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps'pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

DSC02258

DSC02262
DSC02270

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our Trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
 Can’t you just hear the crowd roaring?

DSC02256

DSC02255

DSC02254

DSC02271

DSC02263

              (inspired by Ornate Splendor)

DSC02277

DSC02280

I love our flag!

DSC02252

hugs,
Jann


I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
 

22 comments

Shirley Hatfield said...

did you make the gorgeous book spine flag? It's wonderful! Hey, Jann, I have added a link to your blog on my Relief Society blog, "Dear Sisters." I just know the ladies in my neck of the woods would love your blog like I do. =D

Tea in the Library said...

Bravo! Wonderful post! I remember singing all the verses in school. We have a wedding and a funeral this week - and I seem to have done something to my leg ... and we are to-ing an fro-ing a lot the next few weeks Soooo... I don't see me getting to the patriotic crafts and posts I planned. Love the old type writer picture - may borrow a cup of inspiration - my dad gave me a nice old Underwood at his Father's Day BBQ and I haven't gotten to do anything with it yet.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, I so love our country and the red white and blue!
God Bless us as we celebrate our freedom! I hope you are having a lovely summer!
Yours, Roxy

Susie said...

Jann, Everything is looking American at your house. I love the vignette with your sweet sewing machine. The yo-yo spoolie flag is a cute piece. xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jann,

Happy Summer! Thanks for hostessing this great blog party. Love your Red White And Blue theme. Sorry my photos are upside down. I don't know why.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Sandra said...

The yo yo quilt flag caught my eye too. So nice all the Red, White and Blue displays you have.

Leslie said...

Oh Jan.. I love everything, especially the gate!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GATE! : )

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...I love all your red, white, and blue decor!! I was thinking today that I needed to put out my patriotic items out on my corner fireplace.
~Cindy

Lulu said...

We should remember every day how lucky we are to live in this land of the free. The small yo-yo runner caught my eye. Did you make that?

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i love that yo-yo flag esp!! have a great weekend, jann!

Rose L said...

Looks like you are prepared for Independence day! I would have expected no less!! Love the lollipop flag (or at least that is what my grandma would call the round little circles made from cloth).

A Joyful Cottage said...

Wonderful red, white and blue, Jann. My favorite is the book spine flag. Love that!! xxx ~ Nancy

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Such beautiful words and photos! Love the old sewing machine the best!

Deborah Montgomery said...

such great patriotic vignettes! Also loved the yo-yo flag (glad others mentioned it b/c I didn't know what that was called!) Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend Jann!

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan love all the red white and blue. Gorgeous inspiration. Love that flag made out of the old book spines. How amazing is that. So patriotic.
Kris

Stacey Johnson said...

I love all the flags! Beautiful :) Enjoy your weekend.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I love it all but especially the flag made from book spines!! Fantastic!!
Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

great commemoration!
Have a wonderful July 4th while we celebrate our country's July 1st Birthday!

Victoria Lavender said...

? your house is magical ? Too cool!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your red, white and blue decor is just fabulous! So many amazing vignettes filled with the most precious vintage items. GORGEOUS!!
Hugs,
Patti

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the spine artwork! So cool. Love the idea:)


Enjoy your week!
Leann

shabbyfufu said...

Well done and so much detail! I especially am fond of the yoyos....Janet

Instagram