Diorama Easter Eggs. . .

 
 
Hello my friends,
Last Tuesday our craft group got together and created the sweetest diorama Easter eggs.
 


 
If you are like me, you love a peek inside of anything where a miniature scene is taking place.
 
It brings out the child in all of us, don't you agree?
 
First I'll share the finished product, and then I'll share the how to's.
 
My sister, Julie and friend, Dolly gifted me with sweet Easter surprises last time they were up.  I decided that it would be just as easy to make 3 eggs as it would be one.  I was going to see them the next day and I was happy to give them something in return.
 
The egg on the left is one I gifted.  The one on the right, with the cute goat is the one I kept for myself.

 
Again, the one on the left I gifted.  The smaller one on the right was made by my friend, Kimi. 

 
Shirley made both of these.  Each one is just so sweet and unique!
 
 
Cindy made this one.  It will always hold a special place in her heart.  The darling little bunnies were ones that her grandmother  had on a shelf.  She loved them as a child, and cherishes them
as an adult.


 
 
These diorama eggs were quick, easy, and fun to create!
 
Supplies needed:
 
paper mache egg.  I picked up 4 of these at a thrift last year for $2 each.  You can buy them quite reasonably at World Market.  One egg will do two.

 

 
A printed image.  I had two that I cut off of cards I had.  Shirley printed a bunch for us to use.  You can find lots on google or the Graphics fairy.  Print them on sturdy cardstock.

 

 
Modge Podge and clear glitter.  You will want to add glitter.  Everything is better with glitter!  :)


festooning to add to the edge of the egg.  We used hot glue to assemble it all.  I have made my own festooning by gathering three layers of crepe paper together by stitching it with a needle and thread by hand.  Clip it and then pull it tight to gather.


 
You will need a tart tin for the egg to sit on.  I used larger ones, but small ones work fine too.  These were found at thrift shops as well.

 
Gather any little trinkets you might want to add to your scene.  I used old fashion seam binding ribbon, millinery flowers,  moss, feathers, fuzzy chicks, eggs, and a mushroom.  I also used some of my bottle brush trees.  Shirley cut a paper tree image out of cardstock to go in the back of hers.
 
The possibilities are endless!
 
Kimi gave me this festooning.  It is by Bethany Lowe.  The yellow I found at a damaged goods store for only $.79 cents. 
 
This shows you the back of the egg.
 

 
My image up close.  You will need good small scissors or an exacto knife to cut them out.
 
Notice the glitter?  My friend, Joanne was glittering everything for me while I was assembling my scenes.
 
Yes, the images on the inside of the egg are upside down.  Honestly, you don't even notice it!  If it bothers you, you can cover it with paper like Kimi did hers.  I'm usually pretty fussy, but let this one ride.  (wink)
 
 
This is all of them on display in Kimi's studio after we finished making them.
 
 
 Now you will want to go back and check out the details of each one.  I love the little bird on the top of one of Shirley's!
 
I'm not positive where mine will end up.  I tried it here,

 
and here.
 
 
Where ever it may land, I love it!  The little scene inside just makes me happy!
 
hugs,
I'll be sharing with these fun parties:

21 comments

Darwin Girl said...

I would love to do something just like this with my grade three children.

allisamazing said...

What a great Easter craft idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Susie said...

Jann, Those Easter Dioramas are adorable. I loved looking at each of them. What clever ideas. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Linda Nelson said...

These are so lovely! What a fabulous little Easter project!

Coastal Bohemian said...

These are darling. I've already planned for these to share on my FB page . Found you on G+ through +Linda Nelson

Artsy VaVa said...

These eggs are beautiful! Pinning.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jann for the tutorial! Although Easter is l week away I am still going to have a craft night with my friends and try to make these beautiful eggs. Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter!!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

You girls are just too much!! I love all of the crafts/creations you all make and show us! And these eggs are no exception, so adorable!!! I just put one of those eggs in my garage sale box, I better go take it out so I can create one of these beauties!! Thanks for the inspiration Jann!

Jeanie said...

Cutest things ever, Jann, and the instructions are so easy! I love your finished product and all those from your gruop!

happyone said...

They are very nice and quite a lot of detail.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Adorable! All of yours are so creative and what a lovely display they all make together. I have one of those paper mache eggs and never put it out. Now I have a good use for it. I love this idea and I just love diorama eggs. I still buy the sugar ones when I see them.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Each egg is so special in its own way and I love them all.

Jean Tuthill said...

The eggs are so cute! I love looking at them....I'll be over to World Market tomorrow for the eggs, fingers crossed that they have them! I was thinking that I could put mine on a candle stick instead of the tart pan. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Debra@CommonGround said...

so sweet, just adorable! a lot of work but they are a real keepsake!

Kathy said...

You're right, I had to go back and look at them all again! What a great craft destash project (at least at my house!). They look so vintagey with the old time pictures and crepe paper trim. I have 2 made of sugar starched crochet cotton shaped on a balloon but yours are far superior. I bet your friend and sis were delighted to receive them. I wish I could be in a craft group like yours!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

The possibilities certainly ARE endless and a great way to incorporate all of the 'little' bits and pieces we may have!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Jann. I remember making something similar many years ago. I'd forgotten all about them until now.

Zaa said...

OMG ..What fun you had creating ... they all made me smile.. I have never made them but you can bet the I’ll try this with the grandchildren , just because i want to make one ( ha Ha) ..Fun fun...I love decorating eggs and this craft has so many creative options...Thanks for sharing all the sweetness...Happy Easter !!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Absolutely LOVE these, Jann!!
These will be on my Bucket List to make...
Hugs,
Debbie

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh these are the cutest things I have seen !! I want to TRY and make one

Bernideen said...

I agree with Janice (above comment) - they are darling!

Instagram