Little House. . .Big Treasures

Last Friday I got the opportunity to go do a bit of ‘Pickin’ in a couple of old barns.  Something that I have dreamed of  for quite some time. 

If you missed the post and would like to read it, click here:

http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2011/07/livin-my-american-pickers-dream.html

It was two of my friends, (Joyce and Kathy’s) Aunt Pat that lined us up for our ‘Pickin’ adventure.

Before we got started we visited Pat’s home.  I just had to share it with you.

It’s a small home of only 975 sq. feet.  Don’t let that fool you.  Inside are treasures galore! 

040039

If you think the outside is cute. . .

Wait till you see  inside.  It definitely lives up to “good things come in small packages.”

001

When I first walked in, this darling scene caught my eye.  Love that red basket!  Did you notice the bead board ceiling?  Dreaming of doing that in my bedroom.

002

It didn’t stop there.  The pegboard ran clear across the wall with an assortment of the most delightful little chairs.

003

She is a true recycler.  She bought this settee for a great price and then had it recovered.  I didn’t get a good picture, but her coffee table is an old incubator.  She cut the legs down.  I just happen to have one of these in my unfinished basement.  Might have to do the same.

Her living room was darling, but her kitchen was to DIE for! 

004

Look at this small Hoosier. I couldn’t get enough of it.  It’s red and white, need I say more?  She had so many treasures in this little space.  I just kept snap, snap, snapping.

005

006007

This one is on my list of:  Things I have GOT to do.  Don’t you just love it?

008009

Love that original green paint on the windows!

010

013014

016015

Isn’t this kitchen just the cutest thing you ever did see?

The Family Room is next.

018

020

019

And finally, her bedrooms.  One down and two up.

025

026

022

023

024

I especially loved her collection of old toys. 

I hope you enjoyed your visit as much as I did.  She was the sweetest lady.  Her entire house delighted me, but oh that kitchen; I just can’t stop thinking about it.

Before I go, did you notice that now I have over 100 followers? 

I just want to say “Thank You”.  I have had so much fun sharing and meeting with new people here in blogland.

I am working on a project for a give-away. Throwing a bridal shower next week, and making projects for it also.  I should have the give-away ready by the 30th.

I will be sharing this post with:

Sue Loves Cherries for Rednesday

24 comments

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh what a darling place. I wish you had shown more. My hubby talks about getting a tiny place. Scares the death out of me...but when I see homes like this one, I think maybe it is possible!

Angela said...

I dearly loved visiting her home with you. My goodness gracious am I ever drooling here,,lol. I just adored the fabric she has used on the settee and the sitting area in that kitchen. Everything is so beautiful. Everything is exactly my kind of taste!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

This is a Sweet Home and BIG on Charming... LOVE the mini Hoosier too!
I think her furniture and collections are the right fit. Which makes everything just perfect for her home.

Congratulations, on the success of your Blog. It has been a pleasure meeting you!! Looking forward to the next 100!!
Have a great weekend!!
All the Best,
Christine

Me, still said...

Such a sweet home!!! Good thing it's small...if it were any bigger I'd move in...lol

susie hinson said...

This home is so sweet, charming and welcoming! When I see places like this, I just wonder how long it takes to dust all of this stuff. As an allergy sufferer, that's always my first thought-ha. I know she loves living in this darling house.

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,
that house is absoluely adorable! You are right, the kitchen is fabulous! Love the colors and that small hoosier! To Cute!
Rebecca

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Hi Jann,

Thanks so much for this fabulous tour! Absolutely charming!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb

Karie said...

Wow! I love this place. Thank you for showing the inside. How adorable. And congrats on 100 followers, glad I am one of them. Karie

Alison Agnew said...

Hi Jann...i still have not seen an email from you with your address and i have checked my spam folder...here is my correct email just in case somethings's going awry...nancherrrow@gmail.com...hope to hear from you soon to get that painting in the mail to you!

alison
stuff and nonsense

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a fantastic decorator she is!! Love the red door leading into the kitchen and the little hoosier. The toy collection is amazing...those little boxing gloves...adorable. I just love it when a collector displays the collection in a way that is uplifting. I saw no clutter there, just a beautiful home full of great vintage objects. Thank you for the tour.

Joanne said...

Love the toys. is that a toy washing machine? I wonder if its one of those saleman samples that door to door salesman had to show people. They were miniatures of the big stuff they were selling.
Blessings, Joanne

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Thanks for your visit!

I'm your new follower.
Barb

Rachel said...

Hi Jann,
I'm loving this house... and all the colour! The red door in the kitchen and the green window trim sealed the deal for me.
Great tour, Rachel

Rettabug said...

Hi Jann!
All this wonderful RED & collections galore makes my eyes dance. I loved seeing all those old pieces & could KICK myself for getting rid of some of mine years ago, like the manual egg beater & the hurricane lantern. Shoot!

Bunnym said...

This is unbelievably charming! Everything is picture perfect...thanks for the tour.

tootles,
bunny

Angela said...

I just love the front porch..and you know me, I had to click on the pics to enlarge..well you can see right through the window and the pop of red coming through. Love it! Her house is beautiful..Small space, BIG WOW!! I love everything she collects....

Nicole said...

thanks for this lovely tour! Awesome! what a cute place your friend has, i am drooling at that hoosier, its sort of a unique version of it, isn't it?

Also, consider me your 111 follower (kind of a cool number, eh? :) ) as I found you through rednesday and I like what i see! Blessings!

LV said...

You cannot judge a gift by the size of the package. That certainly applied to this house of treasures.

Cheery Blossom Avenue said...

I adore this house... such a cute, perfect kitchen! I absolutly adore the built-in bench seating in the kitchen. Also---I've finally found somebody who deocrates like I do; vintage and primative all together! It looks wonderful!!!!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

I did enjoy the visit to your friend's home - love it! The kitchen is amazing, all those red pops of color - and the Hoosier is incredible. Thanks so much for taking pics so we could share the tour!

Barbara Jean said...

Love All the kitchen reds, so bright and cheery, and that door!! LOVE it.

blessings
barbara jean

SueLovesCherries said...

Yup, I'm going over there and steal the kitchen right off her house. (Ssshh! Don't tell her it was me!)

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love it, the house is just adorable !

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Now I am totally in love with that kitchen!! Everything in it would go rather nicely in my red and white and yellow Kitchen!!
I LOVE that window seat and the hoosier is to die for!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Instagram