Turkey Talk. . .

Hello my friends,
 
A few months ago while scoping out the shelves in a thrift store a cute gobbler caught my eye.
 
 
The red lover in me oohed and aawed over all of his red lovliness!
 
He's even got a lovely back side.
 
 
 
 
 
I wasn't sure what I was going to put inside, but quickly decided to roll up some dishcloths that I had picked up at Walmart a while back.
 
The dishcloths coordinated with the colors in my quilt table topper.  I made it years ago.  It's a 'crazy' quilt made up of scraps.
 
 
I bought the turkey dishes last year at Home Goods.  I love how the Pioneer Woman aqua goblets pull out the touches of aqua.  That single shaker was another thrift find.  It was the only one, but I loved it's unique colors.  I planned on using him in a craft project.


 
I placed a small bowl on top.  The shade is a bit different than the plate, but I felt like it worked because of the topper.

 
One of my sweet craft friends, Karen gifted me with this reproduction galvanized chicken feeder for my birthday in July.
Another friend, Joyce gave me a bunch of gourds.  I filled the feeder and let a few tumble onto the table.  I added bits of the cornstalk tops here and there.
 

 
I bought the S&P shakers at an estate sale.  I have a few sets.  Just can't pass them up!  :)


I added a couple of gourd candles for a bit of ambiance.  I placed the green one in a mini trophy cup, another thrift find.

 
I recently stained the top of my table white, hoping to give it more of a farmhouse feel.  Not sure I love it.  Thinking maybe I should sand it more.

 

 
 
I haven't pulled out my two Thanksgiving boxes this year.  It's our off year and we'll only have a few for dinner.  I still have fall décor up and I'm thinking 'it'll do'.  But I must admit I am missing all of my turkeys.
 
Happy November,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Vintage Charm
 

17 comments

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Love all your turkey decorations. What a steal on that turkey you found at the GW.

I put Fall decorations and then about 2 weeks before Halloween, I brought all od those decoration and combined them. After Halloween, I put that stuff away. Since I am not going to be home for Thanksgiving, going to my son's in No CA, I am going to take down all of that and start on my Christmas decorations. I wish I could leave all that up all year LOL.

Love the tablespace and your quilt you make. I have a few of them made from scraps.

Hope your feeling terrific and everything is fine. Take care of your self.

Hugs,
Mary

Carol said...

I love your turkey with dishcloths in it. I also love how you have taken thrift items and made such beautiful home décor.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
What a lovely tablescape and perfect for Thanksgiving!!
Thanks so much for stopping y!
Hugs,
Debbie

Betty said...

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away. I love your table and the cute turkeys.

Sandi Magle said...

This is just so cute for a casual luncheon, or a company breakfast after or before Thanksgiving. I really need to start doing some table settings, but my table is always full of projects. Sigh, the problems of living in a small home...grins, but your turkey, might be a great cranberry server, ...when the 'DAY' comes.

Susie said...

Jann, I love your beautiful table setting. That turkey is so nice. I am really starting to love the aqua color mixed in with the rust tones...not a color I associate with fall, but it complements the rust. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
ps Hope you are felling on top of the world.

Louca por porcelana said...

WOW!What an awesome tablescape!Beautiful plate,Jann!

Jeanie said...

Very cute! We have the same dishes -- I take them with me when we cook at Rick's! I love 'em. I remember going with mom to Canada to get them when I was only eight. Special to me. And I love your other turkeys as well.

We'll have T-day with friends and family TG with the kids on Sunday. I have a few turkeys -- love the ones you shared!

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, I LOVE those dishes! You got some stuff and what a deal on the turkey! I stopped by a couple of thrift stores last week and got some deals. I need to share when I can. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Linda W. said...

Love your ceramic turkey!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann what a great Thanksgiving table! Love the colors and the turkey is so cute!!

NanaDiana said...

What a cute GW turkey!!! That was a find.

I love it all- from the salt & peppers to the pieced runner you made. It looks like Thanksgiving is on its way to your house. xo Diana

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That turkey is so cute, Jann!

And he really DOES have a nice backside, haha.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I can't seem to pass up a sweet turkey at the thrift store. I have a few plus my huge metal one I got on Ebay a few years ago. He goes great with my metal pilgrim couple I got at JoAnn's. I am not entertaining this Thanksgiving but I must get them out on the table! I am already thinking Christmas decorating but I have to slow down and not forget Thanksgiving. It's all the retailers fault! Too much Christmas out there already!

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's all beautifully perfect!

Kim said...

Love all your Thanksgiving pretties, Jann especially your turkey gobbler.....even it's backside. =)

My thrift store addiction said...

What a pretty Thanksgiving table, Jann! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinning!

Instagram