Cute Hoot!

The past three years owl items have gradually grown in popularity.  This year they have gone hog wild.  I don’t know if you have noticed, but I have been seeing owls everywhere.

Somehow those funny looking big eyed critters have now become simply adorable.

My friend, Ann threw a birthday party for her daughter, Elise.  The theme being “Night Owl”.

If you knew Ann like I do, you’d know that she went all out.  She found a cute pattern of an owl and the girls made owl notebooks.

I decided to make a few for my granddaughters for Halloween.  Not sure where she got the pattern.  I’m guessing Pinterest.  Sorry, if I knew who I would credit them. 

Easy to do, just cover an inexpensive composition book with scrapbook paper.  I used two sided tape.  I got these books for a mere $.49.

IMG_8390

See what I mean about those big wide eyed things.  They melt their way right into your heart.

IMG_8394

I gotta admit, they look pretty cute all in a row.  Looking at this it reminds me of the Sesame Street game, “One of these things is not like the other.”  Can you see it?

owl book

I am a G.G.G. (gift giving grandma).  Blame it on my mother.  Growing up she always gave us gifts for the holidays and then did the same for my kids.  I followed in her tradition.  I don’t buy and give things to them for just any reason.  But when a holiday rolls around they know that a prize is in store.

I think that my granddaughter, Paityn will be excited about her owl book.

Look at her newly decorated bedroom. Sorry, the pics aren’t the best.  Taken with my phone.

Her mom repainted and recovered the seat of this darling dressing table.  It was hers when she was young.

IMG_0066

IMG_0063

She also redid the bed and chest.

IMG_0059

Her new bookcase was once her changing table.

IMG_0061

Look at what a darling little baby she was.

IMG_0062

And of course, beautiful babies turn into beautiful little girls!

IMG_0064

Pretty pink room for a pretty pink loving girl!

IMG_0060

IMG_0065

I bet you can guess which book is for her.

IMG_8391

How about you, are you a gift giving mom or grandma?

Hugs,

Jann

I will be partying with:

Impatiently Crafty Sunday

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Alderberry Hill for make the Scene Monday

c.r.a.f.t. for Making Monday Marvelous

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Cowgirl Up

Melrose Place for Whimsy Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

All Star Block Party

18 comments

ImagiMeri said...

What adorable books, and I think the one on the bottom left is for Paityn. What an unusual name, too, but so pretty. Her room is so sweet, and it does seem to suit her.

So far I'm a GGM, but hope to be a GGG someday soon!

Hugs,
Meri

The Farmers Daughter said...

How cute are these!!!! I remember owls being popular back in the 60s. In fact, I decoupaged some on wooden boards. LOL So, now they're back? I should have kept them!

Kris said...

Love the owl books! The kids will be thrilled! Yes, I love to get things for my grand kids too. I lover her darling room!! She is such a pretty little girl!!!
xo Kris

Old Fashioned Gal said...

So cute! I may use this idea! Thanks for sharing! :)
-Denise

Susie said...

The books are adorable. I especially love the owl stool. So cute.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She sure is adorable and her room is beautiful! I love these sweet books you made...I love owls, too! We have a lot of grandkids and we buy a lot of books for them! That's our favorite gift to give. Hugs!

Linda W. said...

Wow, so creative! I love it!

Susie said...

Jann, I love those notebooks. I'll just have to store that idea girl. You know my Emma will want to make them. Smiles, Susie

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Love the notebooks, so very cute. Owls are in this year. Love your creative ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

Those notebooks are soooo cute! I love them!

Salmagundi said...

Oh yes, I'm a gift giving grammy! Sometimes, toooooo much!! I get reprimanded occasionally, but can't help myself. I love your granddaughter's name - my granddaughter's name is Caitlin. Have a great week. Sally

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

She was a darling baby and even cuter little lady!

Unfortunately I may never be a Grandma.my married eldest isn't interested in having children and my youngest has yet to meet Mr. Right.

Keepin my fingers crossed, I am not getting any younger, dangit. LOL.

Elena said...

Those are just adorable and I love your granddaughter's room. My daughter, Mary, loves pink too. I do love to make things for Mary for special occations. With her birthday and Halloween coming up I am making her a clown outfit and she is so excited!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Owls are everywhere. The notebooks are a cute idea. Perfect in Paityn's room. She's a cutie.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Sweet seat cover! Owls do seem to rule these days, and they are so cute!
JoAnn

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

The books are adorable, SHE is adorable and what a great idea having a changing table turn into a book shelf!

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...Jann! This is just the cutest little Owley Eyed post! Your grandchildren are so blessed to have such a loving, gift giving Grammy! We are expecting our newest grandson in just a few months and I am getting ready to shower him with Grammy Gifts!
Thanks for the adorable post, my sweet friend,
Hugs,
Carolynn

Rose L said...

Love your hooters!

Instagram