Bottles and Blossoms. . .

The last couple of days It has been gorgeous weather so I have been planting my annuals and poufing under the pergola.

IMG_0756

I adore old blue bottles.

The kids are coming over for a bbq tomorrow so I wanted to create a welcoming arrangement.

We will be enjoying our new fire pit.  Last year we only got to use it once and then all outdoor fires were banned because there was a terrible fire just up the road from us.

IMG_0748

I have had this large vintage crate for a few years.  Last year I planted carrots in it and set it at the edge of the patio.

The feathery greens were so pretty and in the end we ate small carrots.

IMG_0677

I decided to give it a white wash of my homemade chalk paint.

IMG_0749

I then filled it with my old blue bottles.

It’s so large that It took every bottle I had except for 4 small ones.   Tucked inside are Crabapple and Silver Dollar blossoms.

IMG_0755

IMG_0756

IMG_0757

IMG_0751

IMG_0754

Wishing all mothers a very Happy Mothers Day.

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Vintage View Sunday

Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Garden Party

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

Mid Century Cafe

28 comments

Pamela Gordon said...

You have a great collection of aqua bottles Jann and I love the arrangement in the old wood box. The flowers are so pretty. Have a great Mother's Day BBQ! Hugs, Pam

Salmagundi said...

Your crab apple is pretty - ours is just starting to bloom, sort of half-hardedly after our late freeze. Have a great Mother's Day. Sally

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty arrangement for a special gathering,
Have a wonderful Mothers' Day!

Shirley Hatfield said...

We are having a Mother's Day BBQ as well...isn't it lovely that Highland and Alpine will share the same beautiful weather? Enjoy the day with your family under your wonderful pergola. Ours will be done in a few weeks...I can't wait.

Linda W. said...

Your flowers are just lovely! Happy mother's day to you!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your pretty blue bottles. I have several too. Pretty flowers!
Happy Mother's Day.
hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

What a beautiful display!!!
Happy Mother's day Jann ;)
Hugs,
Suzan

Winnie said...

Beautiful aqua bottles - I like your collection :)
Everything looks pretty and welcoming, especially for your family gathering. Enjoy Mother's Day :)

sweetbriardreams said...

What a great idea for your box and to fill it with crab apple blossom is beautiful. Happy Mother's Day. Chel x

Old Time Cindy said...

Really nice look. Happy Mother's Day and farmhouse hugs!
Cindy

Micupoftea said...

Looks great Jann- enjoy the day with family! :)

Mariaelena said...

Mason jars and lovely flowers...so simple but doesn't get much better than that!!...Have a happy weekend!
Mariaelena...ps: come over and visit!

Irene Helms Designs said...

Simple and elegant ... Love it!

Irene

Tea in the Library said...

Very charming. Popped over via Beverly's Pink Saturday today. Happy Mother's Day!

Diane Writes said...

There's really something about old and recycled bottles. They are so versatile with a splash of creativity.

Happy Mother's Day Jann!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann that is so pretty! I love blue bottles with flowers in them! Happy Mother's Day!
hugs,
Linda

The Farmers Daughter said...

Can't go wrong with blue jars, flowers and a crate! It's just lovely, Jann!
Happy Mother's Day
Dru

Lulu said...

There's nothing I like better than bottles or jars as containers for flowers so you can bet I'm loving your blue jars.

Unknown said...

Wonderful jars and display.
Tam

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a lovely arrangement. I love the pale pink of the flowers with blue bottles.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

A really pretty arrangement!

No planting of annuals in the ground here until Memorial Day ( we just had a freeze warning last night and there is one for tonight as well. Back to chilly weather for awhile here : )

Unknown said...

Oh what pretty blossoms in those blue bottles. Did you know you can buy new blue bottles right now from Mason jar company. I ordered a dozen from amazon.com and they look just like the old ones!
And you can put up things in them just like the clear ones.
Have a great week,
Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

Decadent Housewife said...

Hope you had a blessed Mother's Day.
Thank you, Jann, for stopping by.

The blue bottles make everything look so fresh. Very lovely.

Trish :)

Ann said...

Perfect rustic box and blue bottles adorned. Lovely outside against the stripe red chair cover.
Ann

Laura Turner said...

Great use for all those blue bottles. So pretty! (Please link back to my blog.) :-) Thank you for sharing with me on Vintage View Sunday!

Hugs,
Laura

Laura Turner said...

Thanks for grabbing my button! :-)
Laura

Unknown said...

I love blue bottles too. It's all so pretty!

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Jan that is so cute. You have an eye for making these cozy and cute! I like the idea of the bottles with the flowers, kind of an instant flower garden! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Instagram