Sneak Peek of where I will create. . .

I am laughing at myself as I type this post.  So go right on ahead and laugh at me too.  I won’t mind a bit.

Our craft room is not quite complete, but silly old me could not wait any longer.  I mean I’ve been anticipating organizing and decorating it for a few months.

In fact, I made this little create banner to hang from my vintage typewriter a couple months ago.

IMG_0831

Remember these?  Barn doors to hang in my craft room.

IMG_0325

As you can see, they are not hung yet.  Still waiting on the hardware.  But did that stop this gal from filling up the shelves?  That would be a big fat, ‘NO’!

IMG_0836

And certainly this little cupboard that I painted wouldn’t be in the way.  Did you notice my old chippy pillars on the side of the window?  LOVE!

IMG_0827

There’s still a little more.  Take a seat on my grain sack chair.

IMG_0828

Remember my daddy’s desk?  It’s really a special piece.  You can read about it here if you’d like.  Who's Your Daddy?

IMG_0843

It’s the desk with the mismatched drawer.

IMG_0834

I really wanted an old bed spring to hang above it.  Hadn’t found one yet, and saw this at T.J. Maxx.  Pretty cute, so it will do.  The wire book holder came from Décor Steals.  I just used the clothespins to attach it.  A few pics of the grandies.  I just sat it on top for now.  Kind of liking it.  May leave it as is.

IMG_0833

A few old finds.  A $4 globe that I painted the base black and an old stapler and staples.  Staples in an old box deserve to be out on display.

IMG_0832

I wanted this room to have a shabby chic feel.  When I spied these cute lights at Ikea I knew they were just what the Dr. ordered.  What Dr. would that be?  The décor Dr. of course. lol!  They will hang over my old laundry table that will be my ‘create’ station.

IMG_0842

Now for a look at the closet.

I love anything with numbers.  These cute 1,2, 3 jars were only $7.99 for all three at T.J’s.  No wonder I love that store.  I bought the ruler basket at Thanksgiving Point.  Later a set of 3 was available on Décor Steals for just a little more than I paid for just this one.  Live and learn, right?

IMG_0839

More baskets numbered, yup you guessed it, 1,2,3.  I bought these (T.J. Maxx) even before I knew I would have three cubbies.

IMG_0838

I’ve had the red baskets for a long time also.  I attached my ramesign #7 win to the large one.

The brown baskets and the large jar with bakers twine I am storing for my daughter, Kylee.  Knew she wouldn’t mind if I put them to good use.  I bought the chalkboard jars at Pier 1.  They were on sale and cost about the same as buying jars and making them myself.  I already had the ribbon holder.  Purchased years ago on clearance from P.B.

IMG_0837

IMG_0841

My walls are painted Whetstone Grey,  but it’s kind of hard to tell.  Can’t wait to get the doors hung!

IMG_0835

What do you think?  Could you create in this room?

IMG_0830

hugs,

Jann

p.s.  I want to thank Sandi from Rose Chintz Cottage for featuring my post,  Lilacs & Silver.  Just a funny note, I featured her at SYC the same day she featured me.  Nope, didn’t even know.

I will be sharing with:

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

46 comments

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh, how exciting for you! Your room looks so fabulous, you don't even need those doors...I know, I know...they will be put on.

Sue xo

Revi said...

Oh YES! I love the look of your new space! Everything is just perfect, Jann.
-Revi

Karie said...

Well, I most certainly could create in this room! I love it. Everything is just right for creating. Lucky you. Hugs, Karie

Maureen Wyatt said...

I would be in heaven creating in that room! I wouldn't change a thing.

bj said...

It is all coming together very nicely.

Caramella said...

What a fabulous place, you have fantastic taste...and talent!

I am following you also on Bloglovin'

www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your creative/crafting studio is coming along quite nicely. In fact, it is WONDERFUL! Love all of the little personalized touches you've given to otherwise ordinary things. I just love it!

Cheers!
Jennifer

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love it Jann. I love the wire baskets and jars for storage. And your accessories are fun, fun, fun.

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

What a fab place to get the creative juices flowing. I love all your special touches. Simply beautiful Jann!:)

Gayle said...

Everything looks just great! I hope you get it kinda messy when you actually start creating - it sure would make the rest of us feel better! LOL

Noble Vintage said...

visiting from Debra's party, and I had to come peek! I'm trying to reorganize my studio too....so tough to try and do! Love all your touches- I just got one of those same Ikea lamps for my laundry room :) love it! Have fun with your creative space!!

Unknown said...

I love what you have in the room! Hope you'll show us again when the doors are hung. :)

Unknown said...

Love your room! I have a wonderful typewriter like that hidden in my basement. I'm going to get it out and display it. Yours looks great! I love the banner, too. The doors are a great color.

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a wonderful room for you to 'create' Jann. I love all the sweet elements you've added and especially the old typewriter. I'd be excited to move in before the doors were hung too!

Nell at njschout said...

looking very tidy and pretty!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Your having so much fun, Jann! I can hear you giggle! Love your room--and the typewriter. I need to get mind out. It was Daddy's during the war. You gave me a great idea!
Hugs,
Dru

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Wow! What a wonderful room! Love it! You are so organized and coordinated! Looks fabulous! The old type writer and banner are great! Love it all!
Karen

ThrifterSisters said...

I have a small collection of vintage staplers in my office. I agree with you that they need to be displayed! The funny thing is that no matter how many times I tell them they are for display, my family still tries to use them!

I love TJ Maxx too. It is one of the few retail stores that I visit often and only because they have new stuff that is made to look old!

Have a lovely weekend,

Erica

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your closet is a work of art! Can't wait to see the doors hung!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You are just so danged CUTE!

Your room is so clean and organized and awesome looking - I like to know where you found some of those awesome treasures too, in case I EVER get my officer redone. It's in need of help BIG TIME.

Have a great holiday weekend, big hugs.

Fishtail Cottage said...

love it all! my daughter has been asking for a typewriter for over a year now...your's is darling! xoox, tracie

Marsha said...

Oh, Jann! I love your new room. I'd want to be in there, too-creating and for me, making messes. It's so pretty and your Dad's desk found a special place there--great! I know you're going to really enjoy your new space.
Thanks for featuring me on SYC--what a nice surprise during a busy week (my daughter graduates tomorrow)!
Marsha

Art and Sand said...

Oh, Jann, it is so cute! I envy you all the cuties you bought at TJs. I would have grabbed up every piece you bought if they had been at my TJs. I might steal a couple of your ideas for my craft space.

Kadee Willow said...

Jann.. you had me at the banner you made on the vintage typewriter!!! What fun to peek around your craft room seeing all the little bits and pieces that make a huge impact. The lights from Ikea are so awesome.. may I have that Dr's name, please? LOL

Di said...

The space looks wonderful and organized. I love the lighting from Ikea. Did the lighting come with those fabric cover?

Erica said...

Love it so far! What a great space to create in.

Unknown said...

Your space is amazing!! I can see why you're so excited!! ~~Angela

Cynthia said...

Your space is looking amazing and I love all the goodies from TJ Max. Love the typewriter, very cool. Can't wait to the whole thing done. Have a great weekend!

Cynthia

Fran. said...

Ok Jann not laughing at you! But so wanting to come and play and create with you!! You definitely have the room down there for a lot!! MY fav is your vintage typewriter with the create banner and the vintage staple and staples!! I would probably be doin the same thing getting it ready before it's ready!! So excited for you!! XOXO Love Fran.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

So creative! Love your craft room! Stop by and share at Simple & Sweet Fridays if you have a chance. You're so inspirational!

Jody

Art and Sand said...

You should be ashamed of yourself. We will starve in our retirement all because of you!

I read this post last night about your great find at TJ's so I had to stop there after school today.

Here is what I bought:
1 galvanized tin
1 bathmat - probably needed that
1 tablecloth for the patio - could have done without it
1 big pink toolbox - need to repaint
1 wire hanging basket thing - did not need it

But, I did not find the wonderful numbered jars.

We have to go to San Diego on Monday so I will stop at a favorite TJ's there to see if I can find those numbered jars.

Pendra said...

Amazing creative space...love the closet and all the neat numbered storage containers! Hope to see it when you get it finished!
Hugs,
Pendra
p.s. love those shabby lights!!!

Fran said...

Yes, I could definitely create in such a lovely space! You are filling it up nicely. I love your cupboard!
:) --Fran

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann this is just charming! I can't wait until you finish it...and obviously you can't either...LOL! hugs, Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course I could create there...so much room and love those IKEA lights...Can't wait to see the barn doors and the finished room

Carol

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I would love to have a room that is only to create and yours is so beautiful, inspiration has to visit you in this space!

Rose L said...

Love all you have done so far! Sets me to dreamin' about what I might do.

Diane Writes said...

I love the black and white theme and that typewrite is to die for :)

have a great weekend Jann!

Unknown said...

Absolutely perfect!

Tea in the Library said...

Your room is looking great! I always love a tour.

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Ok Jann, I'm trying not to be envious! Your space is wonderful already (even not finished!)I LOVE those light fixtures! My five year old is sitting with me right now, and when he saw your old typewriter he said, "That's cool! I want that!" haha
Thanks for the tour!

Jeanette

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great looking space and I love, love your old typewriter.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Jann, Congrats! You'll be featured this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jody

The Charm of Home said...

Looks fantastic! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
Sherry

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations Jann. I can hear your excitement and enthusiasm in your voice. It's a lovely creative space and you should be proud. I'll be featuring this post at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow, so please pop by and grab a 'Featured' button.

debi said...

Your room is beautiful!! Love the wall color. I could definitely create in your room!

Instagram