She Shed. . .He Said

Hello my friends, Almost seven years ago when we moved into this home we (I) had plans to build a little cottage up on the hill behind our pondless waterfall.
 
At first I thought I would build another playhouse.  We had one at our previous home and the grands loved it.  But after finishing the basement and adding a little playhouse under the stairs I had
other plans.

I am sharing some images of darling she sheds as I tell the story.  No story is any fun without pictures.  :)
 
After all, I have a Pinterest board full of fabulous
Garden Sheds

 
 
 
About a  year and a half ago
 
She (I) said:  Let's start our she shed.
 
     He said:  I think I would like to build it. 
It would give me something to do.

 
So she saw some men working in her neighbors garden in the fall of 2014 and asked if they would be interested in removing the grass up on the hill.
She said: (in her mind)  If I get it started it will be built.
 
But of course everything didn't go as smoothly as she
had imagined.
 
 
Problem #1:  She can't decide exactly what she wants.  She loves rustic but at the same time she loves cottage style.
Problem #2:  Her hubby is an engineer and everything has to be planned out and replanned out.  lol!  You ladies with engineer husbands know exactly what I am talking about.
 
Last spring she said:  Can we start building?
He said:  Jann, we can't just start building.  The ground has to be leveled and I've got to plan it out.
 
 
One day he said:  I've got two plans decide which one you want and let's go stake it out.
She said:  Halleluiah brother!  Again, just in her mind.  But her smile said it all!
 
(saved from flicker)
 
Hubby started digging and leveling, but summer came and went and that was the end of that.
 
She said:  Maybe next year.
He said:  Yes, we'll start early next spring.
 
(saved from facebook)
 
 
Then our oldest grandson asked if he could have his wedding in our garden.
 
She said:  Absolutely!  But what about the weed patch that was meant to be a she shed?
He said:  (our oldest son)  Mom, it will be done.
She said:  I decided to go with the plainer plans because it will be easier to build.  I can dress it up and it will be fine.
He said:  (oldest son again)  Mom, that's not cute enough for you.  It won't be any harder to build the other one.
 


She started dreaming of decorating the inside.
 
And now I have a team working on the she shed.
 
(hubby, son, and two grandsons)
 
See what I mean about it turning into a weed patch?
 
Ground is leveled, footings are in and framing is about to begin.  What do you think?  Will the she shed be finished by June 25th?
 
The plans are a compromise between rustic and cottage.  I can hardly wait to play in my she shed!
 
 
This is it.  You know mine won't look exactly like this, but if it's anywhere near as sweet I'll be elated!
 
Till next time, I'll be dreaming of my she shed!
hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Thoughts of Home
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
One More Time Events
 
 
 

41 comments

lynn cockrell said...

Is it bad to be envious? If it is, then color me bad! I am so tickled for you, Jann and can hardly wait to see your new She Shed.

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, it fabulous Jann. I can see it will work for either rustic (my favourite) or cottage. Something combining both would be perfect!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh Wow Jann,
That is so cute...........good for you they want to have a wedding in your
yard cause now your hubby has a whole crew. I think they will get her done.
I will be saying some prayers that things go along easily with no problems.
Know you can't wait to play in there for sure.
Can't wait to see the finished product and especially the inside.

Have a Happy Mother's Day,
blessings, Nellie

mimi_62 said...

Can't wait!!!

Joy Junktion said...

So excited for you Jann! I'm sure it will be perfect when it's done, because it will be done by your family and with Love! Keep us updated on the progress! Blessings, Cindy xo

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I've been dreaming of a she shed also....but I need to turn the very rustic shed that is already here into my dream she shed!!!! Can't wait to see what you do!!!

Bernideen said...

Wow - that sounds exciting. I do so understand. Charts, graphs, too much sun, to little sun, I've heard it all too. I just keep digging. My hubby has allergies and if he is outside too long has trouble breathing at night. I press on!

20 North Ora said...

OMG Jann! It is precious and can't wait to see it finished and all decorated. How nice to have the wedding in the yard and have a goal to get it finished!! LOL

Happy Mother's Day!

Judy

cynthia lee designs said...

A She shed sounds wonderful...hope you get one soon.
~Cindy

vivian said...

sweet! I bet you cant wait to play there! Im lucky if the grass gets mowed around here! lol!
have a great mothers day weekend!
xoxo
vivian

J said...

I so enjoyed this post and the lovely collection of photos! I think your shed will match, if not surpass! - the best of them! You've got a handsome crew at work for you and then your own domestic talent will take over. The result will be a charming wedding setting. I just know it!

Tea in the Library said...

YAY! Love your She Shed. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Jeanie said...

This will be such fun for you -- I can tell you have plenty of inspiration but something also tells me that you are going to be the source of inspiration for many others!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh how fun Jann! I know you'll make it cute or rather they will and then you will make it even cuter ;-)

Pinky said...

I am SOOOOO jealous!! If we were allowed to build anything I would have one too! It is not to be here in our 55 plus community:(:( So, I will live vicariously through you and Mary. LOVE her shed too. The picture looks awesome!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann how exciting that you are getting your Gardening Shed. You can decorate however you want it and it will be stunning.

So congratulations on getting your shed and Happy Mothers Day.

Hugs,
Mary

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Adorable! Paint it white and you've got your cottage-y rustic shed! Can't wait to see the finished project. Happy Mother's Day!

Rose L said...

I love the design of the Meadowbrook Farm one, and the final one with the windows opening at bottom! You have a lovely escape coming soon!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting!
I bet you can't wait!
I can't wait to see more updates!
Thank you for sharing this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday.

We are so glad you are here!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Teresa at Meadowbrook Farm's blog is fabulous.
Have you seen her gardens?

Julie said...

What a sweet collaboration of family on this she shed :) It's going to be great, Jann!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you're gonna love your She-Shed, Jann! I can't wait to see your finished shed. It will be so much fun to decorate!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Can't wait to see it! You'll enjoy decorating it (understatement of the century). I have a fancy chicken mansion that needs a few more decorative touches. It's 8 x 12 feet with a 7 foot overhang. It has two people doors, a chicken door, and is predator-proof. I'm going to be hanging pictures inside and putting flowers outside. It's so cute. My chickens are so spoiled. It's not a she shed by any means, but then I only have hens in it! It satisfies something in us when we have little houses. You'll love yours!

Laura Beth said...

These sheds are all so classy! They definitely redefine the word for me. Gorgeous!

designchic said...

It going to be amazing! Can't wait to follow along!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Looks and sounds as if it will be a super cosy abode :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann!!
OMG!! I am SO jealous!! LOL! I would LOVE to have a she shed but sadly, it would take up all of my tiny yard!! LOL!!

Thanks so much for all your visits!! I can not wait to see the finished She Shed and how you decorate it!!

Hugs,
Deb

happyone said...

All of the garden sheds are wonderful. Can't pick out the one I like best. Love them all.
I look forward to seeing your very own and how you decorate it. : )

Daniela said...

I so love garden sheds and all those you've posted are so very beautiful !
I'm so glad for you, you're finally going to have your she shed, I can't wait to see your so lovely and gathering corner in your garden, dear Jann !

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, my lovely, I wish you a most wonderful new week ahead, sending much love and blessings of Joy to you

Dany

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Oh Jan, you've made me happy to know I'm not the only one who waits, and waits, and waits. I like to say my husband is a handyman...he's just not always handy!

I'm giving him a June 25th deadline to help me frame 6 windows. If yours can build a whole shed in that time, surely mine can do a few windows.

Kris said...

Oh Jann, I am SO excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see it done, and what you wind up doing with it. So fun!!!!
xo Kris

Winnie said...

Wowww Jann - it's sooooo beautiful! You're very very lucky :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness, Jann!!!!! It's going to be AWESOME! I am so excited and happy for you. What a dream come true.

Your handsome crew are the best gents. Hug them from all of us, we want you to have your she shed. How dreamy. I would loooovvvveeeee to have one, but our subdivision doesn't allow them. : - (

I have been hinting at moving, to no avail. LOL. Hugs and love! ♥

handmade by amalia said...

Lovely lovely sheds. I'm sure yours will be the best of them all, Jann.
Amalia
xo

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see photos when it's finished. Looks like you have a great crew in place.

Art and Sand said...

Oh, Jann!

I am so excited that you will finally get your shed and I know that it will be A D O R A B L E!!!

Creations By Cindy said...

How exciting Jann! Oh my...I cannot wait to see pictures along the way as this progresses! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The Charm of Home said...

Jann, we keep having the same conversation at my house. I get promises of it often. Someday... Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, I am so thrilled that your garden shed is under construction! I can't wait to see the finished product in time for the wedding! Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Pam @ Everyday Living

Shed Mechanics said...

Great blog,Thank-you so much for sharing with us.If you are looking for a professional to build a shed to fit any size yard for your bike or car, then, shed mechanic can be an excellent choice for you!

Food Station said...

Great work! That shows your effort! RetailEscaper

Elon Christopher said...

visit website"

Instagram