Mother May I. . .

Tell you how much I love and miss you?

A picture of my mother, June as a small child.

029

Mom and dad on their wedding day

039

My  mother was an incredible woman who was adored by everyone who knew her.

Our dad died when I was a 9 month old baby leaving her with 8 children, me being the youngest.  She was such a strong woman that held her family together.

She was so friendly and fun to be around.

Never did she talk poorly of others.  I can still hear her voice saying, “If you can’t say anything good about someone, then don’t say anything at all.”

She was a wonderful cook and seamstress.  I loved her raisin filled cookies!  When Julie, Jeanne, and I were in High school she made all of our dresses.  We would simply give her a picture out of the Seventeen magazine and voila’ she would cut her own pattern and make us that dress.

She had a great sense of humor and never got angry.  Oh, except for when she played aggravation with our step dad.  Man oh man, did she get upset whenever he sent her home.

On this Mother’s Day, one thing I can say for sure is that this world is missing out by not having her here to brighten each and every day.

Bless you in Heaven, Mom!

022

I know that you are anxious to find out the lucky winner of my give-away, but I must give tribute to another mom I had in my life.

My mother-in-law, Bonnie.

She was not the bubbly friendly sort of woman that my mother was, but ever so endearing.

She had a harder time opening up to people, but once she did, she was your friend for life.

I loved her very much.

These are pics of her through the years. 

037

My sister-in law, Laurie interviewed her and recorded her life history.

This is a special book in two of her favorite colors.  As you can tell by the tea cup, which belonged to her.

033

This quote is from this book and I love it!

036

Bonnie was always so supportive of me and willing to help whenever possible.

One special memory, is when my hubby was still going to school and we had very little money to spend on extras.  One day she showed up at my door with 4 new outfits she had bought just for me.

Both my mother and mother-in-law loved and grew gorgeous roses.

I remember that my mom said that the rose was our fathers favorite flower.

032

For the month of May I designated by blue cupboard to  the memory of these two special ladies.

031

Now for what you’ve been waiting for:

The winner of the two paper birdhouses is – Jeanne.

How awesome!  She is my sister and has been a follower since day one.  She comments often and has tried to win every give-away.  She always says, “let’s keep it in the family.”  Today is her lucky day!

You know, she’s going to be indebted to my hubby because he drew her name out.

Happy Mother’s Day to you all and be sure and keep commenting.  I have another idea up my sleeve for my next give- away.

4 comments

Peg said...

Such sweet tributes to both of the moms in your life. Congratulations Jeanne, you are so lucky to get those cute little bird houses. Happy Mother's day to all the Mothers out there.

mimi_62 said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother and mother-in-law. I remember your mom because Jeanne used to take her to club's mothers day program. She was sweet.

Congratulations to Jeanne, but tell Schulz he'd better pick my name next time.

Ky said...

I miss both grandmas so much! They were amazing to me and am so grateful for the time I got to spend with them.

Mom, you have both of the qualities of June and Bonnie combined, you are the most wonderful mother anyone could ask for. I love you tooo much!

McFadden said...

Thanks, I guess my motto of "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Instagram