Restyle

Last weekend I decided that I needed to add a little ‘SPICE’ into the boudoir.

Get your mind out of the gutter,( hee-hee) that’s not what I’m talking about.

I went for a quick and easy restyle.

Not really changing much, just mixing it up a little.

035Before:  This is the bedding I have had on for the last two months.

034

Now, don’t get me wrong.  I love this quilt.  It’s one I made from Aunt Gracie fabrics.  Just needed a change.

003

001

See, no big change.  I just switched quilts and a few of my bed pillows.  The floral pillow and white throw are new purchases from Ikea.  Yes, my wall is still yellow.  Don’t know why, it got lost somehow. I am linking this pic. with It’s a very cherry world for her Rednesday.  Be sure and check it out.

037

Bedroom window – before

001

After. . .Just added a couple of new plates and moved the burlap/muslin wreath that was on the wall by the bed.

002

Added some burlap bows to the curtain rod to tie in with the wreath.

010

Found this little crystal branch holder at T.J Maxx for only $6.  I’m sure that it was meant to hold a towel. It worked great to display one of my smaller quilts.

043

I ordered this pillow from Pottery Barn.  Had to have it because of the redwork and birds.  J.F.Y.I.  if interested, it is on sale in their clearance section for $10.00 less than I paid.

007

At first I just added burlap to the lamp.

015

Then I added the poppy.  Not sure if I like it.  What say you?

039

No change on my mantel.  Just my junky old wood pieces that I love!  Notice the T.V. below.  I’m not crazy about a T.V. in the bedroom but sometimes you just have to let a man have his way.

I’m linking this pic with ‘A Stroll Thru Lifefor her ‘table top Tues.’ (Yahoo, I figured out how to do this.  Technology, not my God given talent).  I’ve just recently started exploring the BIG wide world of blogging.  Having so much fun!  Too many fav’s.    Not really a table, but same idea.  Be sure and check her blog out.

041

040

We recently purchased this new red cabinet to replace my old dresser.  I haven’t done too much with it yet.

Like I said, no big changes.  Just a quick and easy restyle.

*Don’t forget to sign up as a follower and leave a comment so that you will be included in my Mother’s Day Give-Away.  Good Luck!

 

 

 

11 comments

Karie said...

Oh, I love red! Your room is gorgeous. Everything is so outstanding, love it all. Thanks for sharing the loveliness. Karie

veryheatherly said...

My vote is for the Poppy! It looks so cute, and I'm in love with the burlap, that was such a great idea. The added plates finished the window off perfectly!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the quilt, it is so pretty and makes a nice change on the bed. I really like the plates and the burlap on the window. It looks great. Your wood items on the mantel are wonderful and your vignette is lovely. The lampshade turned out so fun and creative. I like a little whimsey. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

melissa said...

very cute and simple change...lets talk buisness,I want a birdhouse!!! Please enter me in again and yes I am an official follower!

Peg said...

So fun to change things up a bit. I like the poppy on the lamp. I also love the burlap bows on the curtain rods. Can't wait to see your new burlap curtains up at your windows.

McFadden said...

It looks like alot of changes to me, and I love both quilts. They are some of my favorite ones also.

Unknown said...

Hi Jann. I'm loving all the beautiful red in your bedroom. Both the before and after is SOOOO pretty! And I adore the Splish Splash pillow. You'll want to stop by my blog a little later today. Say after daybreak.

Hugs...Tracy :)

★Carol★ said...

Either way, that bed is SO pretty, and looks like it would be just wonderful to climb into at the end of the day!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Diann said...

Lots of pretty red touches. Love your bed linens!

LV said...

I love all the changes you made. However, that quilt is my favorite. I love all quilts-old or new. I use mine for spreads as well.

McFadden said...

I don't want to miss a new blog, so I'm writing again. I need all the chances I can get to WIN!

Instagram