French Country

Living here in Alpine there’s a little bit of a country feel.  Although we are very close to larger cities, it’s definitely rural.

I mean when you have to stop for both a chicken and a squirrel crossing the road in the same day you know that says country!

The other day I made a little switcheroo out on the porch.  I decided to exchange the large window I had out there for a rickety piece of picket fence.
I began to carry the window inside to the storage room, when the thought occurred, “why store it?  Just switch it up”.

I leaned it against a wall in the living room and gave it a touch of France.

DSC02821

This sweet paper mache florist planter was dolled up by my hairdresser, Shalona.  She had it for sale in her shop and I thought it was so sweet.  I have had it for some time and still love it!  I filled it with a cluster of Pink Yarrow picked from the garden.

DSC02823
Coffee filter and book page flowers circle the brim.  A blinged up rosette is tied around the center with satin ribbon.
DSC02822

DSC02825

A nice pairing with my lacy lampshade and little French stool!

DSC02824

DSC02826

Oh-la-la!
I love my little bit of French in the country!
hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:'
Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

22 comments

Susie said...

Jann, I had to laugh about stopping for a chicken and squirrel in one day. LOL. Yes, I'd say that was country. I like the change up. I'll be out in Utah next month. :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, it looks so pretty and enjoy it! Have a nice weekend.
Julie

diane said...

So lovely!!!
diane @ thoughts and shots

sweetbriardreams said...

Very chic Jann. I love the French look, so classic and stylish. Enjoy your weekend x

cynthia lee designs said...

So pretty...love it!!
~Cindy

Pondside said...

No doubt about it - a squirrel and a chicken equal country!
Very pretty arrangement there.

mimi_62 said...

Love that window in that room. Also, the floral arrangement.

Kris said...

LOVE it!!1
xo Kris

Rose L said...

I think it could be changed up year round and never put away as you are so creative!!

priscilla said...

Very pretty Jann !

Liz said...

What a nice touch to add inside! Love the yarrow. I just planted a bunch this summer. Can't wait to see it bloom!

Lulu said...

It doesn't take much for us gals to have a little decorating fun.

bj said...

That's a cutie pie window, now. Love it..and...I love your snow flakes and holly on your background...cools me off a bit. :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love it too! Très très jolie!

Leovi said...

Nice photos, great flowers! wonderful french touch !!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oooh, super charming, Jann. I love it! Your yarrow is so pretty. You've had a great gardening season. xxx ~ Nancy

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

That little stool really caught my eye! So pretty!

I had to look really hard to see the coffee filter Jann. You did a great job of making it look like anything BUT what it is!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a delightful spot!

deb said...

Such a sweet little spot. So eye catching!
*hugs*deb

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Jann, So French!! Love it next to your lacy lampshade!!
Hugs,
Jody

Donna Wilkes said...

Tres belle!

Tea in the Library said...

Very Cute! You have one talented hairdresser!

Instagram