I Love My New Hooters!

Well friends, it's that time of year when 'hooters' come to my mind.  I have some new ones that I'd like to show you.


But before I show you my new ones. . .let's take a look at my old ones.


Ha, ha, had you going there for a while didn't I?  As much as this old gal could use a lift, that's not the kind of 'hooters' that I am talking about.

I snagged these vintage cuties at a yard sale a few years ago.



Just look at those big beautiful eyes.

I gave this set to my youngest daughter, Kylee but she graciously let me use them.

Recently I gave my sewing room a makeover.  It's amazing what you can discover when you do a little organizing. lol!
I ran across this kit for a whimsical owl pillow.  It's a combination of both fabric and wool appliqué.  I picked it up for half price last year and didn't get around to making it.


Wide eyed owl sitting on  a branch.



Isn't he a hoot?

I went to a sale at Kneaders yesterday with my cousin.  Did you know that they have a annual sale clearing out all of their leftover decor items?

I picked up a few more hooters.  This little guy was only $1.  He sits in an old bread bowl amongst dried Hydrangea blooms.  Can you believe they were red?  Love the color and they are perfect for Fall!





This little fella was only 50 cents.  I added him to a book bundle along with a trio of old keys and a library card.



They sit on an old wooden box on my coffee table next to a couple of rusty finials I recently purchased from Burlap Luxe blog.


I have to tell you a little about this rustic box.


It's really weathered and worn, but I couldn't bear to paint it and cover up some of the fabulous graphics.   Loved this number 61.  Which just happens to be the age of this old gal.





The label says that it is a Mimeograph by Mr. Thomas A. Edison.  My sil googled and found that it was the first copy machine.  The box was empty when I found it at an estate sale.  

It's rustic but refined!

This last hooter was another 50 cent score at the Kneaders sale.  I also picked up the mercury glass acorns, $1 for the group of three.


I had some chick-o-sticks so I tossed them in a jar and tied this little fella and the acorns to the top with a red ribbon.  A pretty flower compliments the bling of the mercury glass.


Well now that you've seen my 'hooters', I'd love to see yours!!!
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 

22 comments

Debby said...

I love that box and that cute pillow you made. I have always loved owls and so glad they are back in style.

Susie said...

Jann, You made me laugh. :):) You do have anice collection going. I love that pillow. I have one little straw owl I bought last year.:) Blessings for a wonderful new week. xoxo,Susie

Kris said...

Whoa Missy!! I didn't think that you were that kind of girl!!!!!
Love your Hooters!!!!
XO Kris

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! What a post ~ so many precious hooters ~ Delightful~ Happy Week to you!


artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy Hooters! Cute collection and your new owls are adorable. I guess next week I'll be thinking about Fall decor!
hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Well.....I don't have any cute hooters like these to show, but two nights ago, while driving home on a country road after dark.....a very large "hooter" flew out of the brush and right in front of me! Wow...what a sight....(a little startling, though!) So must be time for owls to make their appearance...

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...your hooter owls are adorable!!
~Cindy

Micupoftea said...

Hi! Never heard of Kneaders but it looks like you found some bargains! Cute owls. Love the books and library card :)

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Best blog title! Made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for the giggle Jann! laura

Creations By Cindy said...

Well you can tell where my mind was when I read the words "Hooters"...LOL! Love your hooters! That is a darling pillow too! WOW!Hugs and blessings, Cindy

sweetbriardreams said...

Love those hooters :-) You did make me laugh xx

Winnie said...

These are all adorable!
My favorites are definitely the awesome pillows :)

Unknown said...

Love this post!
I have a large owl cookie jar-wish I could post a pic of him.
My late Mother purchased him in a gift shop on Staten Island in 1942. "Mr. Hoot" is my treasure. I am told he is quite valuable but he stays with me wherever I live.

Fran said...

You make me laugh! :) --Fran

camp and cottage living said...

A 'hoot' of a post, Jann!
Your owls are all so cute, but what a find your ceramics ones were.
I made owl pillows for my g'kids last fall, your kit turned out darling.

Rose L said...

HOOTERS!!! LOl Your old ones still bring smiles.

farmhouse-story said...

so funny! love your new hooters, jann:)

Michelle H said...

I showed your hooters to my hubby, who said to tell you he likes your hooters, LOL!! I really do love your owls, though. I've adored owls since my dad used to bring home injured owls when he was a State Policeman. I always thought they were just so beautiful. I love that they have been popular, but am trying not to overbuy them, heehee. If that's possible.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love all the cuteness, esp that pillow you made! Everything is perfect for going into fall, esp the acorns!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thanks for showing us your hooters, Jann! I'm pretty limited in that department in more ways than one!

Donna Wilkes said...

Jann. flashing your hooters today, are you. They are quite precious. Love the candy jar one.

Anonymous said...

Love that rustic box, and those owls are pretty cute too!

Instagram