LEAF it Up to Me. . .

According to our local weatherman, we are going to have an early Fall.  I have already been seeing touches of color on the mountain sides.

Are you looking forward to seeing a gorgeous Autumn?  It’s always such a breathtaking sight!
Well, until that time arrives; leaf it up to me to show you my collection of pretty leaves.

In the entry I have a  ladder filled with small quilts.  Sure to find some colored leaves here.

DSC03104

We don’t often think of blue as an Autumn color. . .but I love this leaf image my daughter, Kylee made for me years ago.  A picture of her and her cat, shadow sitting by her playhouse clothesline when she was young.  Notice the crows?

DSC03105

A scene of an Autumn home sits on top of my blue cabinet.

DSC03124
The leaves were made by adding lots of tiny circles.
DSC03125

A little leaf themed vignette sits atop a round table.

DSC03106

Leaf plates hang above.

DSC03108

Now let’s step into the living room.

DSC03111

Pumpkins formed of metal leaves were a gift from a friend.

DSC03113

A sweet little oak leaf garland.

DSC03112

A glitzy leaf hanging on an old window makes a simplistic statement.

DSC03110

DSC03114

Nothing is quite as gorgeous as the ‘real’ deal!  I dried these leaves last year.  They have been pressed in a book until I retrieved them to make this garland.

DSC03115

It drapes across the living room mantle.  Plain and simple, but I love it!

DSC03116

The family room and kitchen have a few leaves also.

DSC03126

DSC03119

DSC03121

One little leaf juice glass joins my fall themed glass collection.  All are thrift finds.

DSC03122

More thrift finds with a leaf theme.

Leaves

I had the leaf bowl, but I recently found the plate to match.  Yup, at a thrift store.  I can’t pass things like this up when I run across them.  Whether I need them or not.  Needs got nothing to do with it, right?

DSC03118

I hope my colorful Autumn leaves helped get you in the mood for Fall and the beautiful colors that soon will be here!

hugs,

Jann

*This post was featured at Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Thoughts from  Alice for Sundays at Home

26 comments

Salmagundi said...

Love the real leaf garland. You're really getting into Fall -- me, not so much, YET!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Sally

sweetbriardreams said...

The best time of year for me! I love the rustic colours, the cooler evenings snuggling in front of the tv. I always feel so happy and comfortable about now. Your autumn arranging around the house looks so inviting. I am doing the same thing here! Have a wonderful weekend xx

Art and Sand said...

Your leaf decor is wonderful, but I am not ready for fall and if our weather is anything like last year, I don't think I will get much fall decor out this year.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

HI Jann, your fall images are gorgeous - but it is so danged hot outside right now I can barely stay out in it, so it's going to be a while for us, I'm afraid.

Autumn is my very fav season, but hate to wish my life away - so it can stay summer a little while longer, right? : = )

Hugs.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Lots of pretty Fall decor. I like Fall, but not in a hurry for it to arrive as I know what follows.
Have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

You have some lovely things. How did you get your leaves to keep their colors when you pressed them? I'd like to make a garland like that.

lane dot family at yahoo dot com


Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Love all the fall decor. That pressed leaf banner is so pretty. I love that. Have a great week end.
Kris

Micupoftea said...

Fall is my fav season...lucky for you you can actually see it around you. It will remain hot here until Halloween and the only sign of Fall is the occasional coloring of leaves because most trees are evergreen or Palm! Love the pressed leaves and clothes pins :)
S

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing such lovely photos!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I am so ready for fall I can hardly stand it. Your leaves are really very pretty and are so fall looking. Enjoy your long weekend. Love your quilts.
Mary

cynthia lee designs said...

I've heard that we might have a early Fall too. Some of our days of Summer were so cool that it felt like Fall. However...today really felt like a hot Summer day.
Loved seeing all your Fall goodies.
~Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks for being an inspiration to not "forget" putting my Fall things out....where I live in Idaho, in 6 weeks time, our area turns into a Kodachrome, Technicolor masterpiece. I love Fall...I love your garland with the pressed leaves....so sweet and I have a lot of pressed leaves!

kate steeper said...

Autumn has arrived in the UK, the heavy dew in the morning when I hang out the washing, autumn raspberries peeking out from yellowing foliage, the lawn needing mowing , it's beautiful.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful collection of Photos! So much beauty and creativity in each one! ~ Happy Sunday to you!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

priscilla said...

Love your fall stitcheries and the quilt is a beauty ..everything looks fabulous ! I am waiting until Tuesday to start bringing the fall out here .. I can't beleive summer is over !

Rita C at Panoply said...

I love all of your leaves, Jann, especially the small artwork with the tiny circles framed in that gorgeous yellow.
It's funny how you mentioned blue not being your typical thought of an autumn color, but is there anything more magnificent than all those flaming colors of fall against a blue sky? One of my favorite yard flags is that blue with falling leaves imprinted on it - love it!
Rita

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Love your fall decorating, and I love the leaves you dried and used as a banner. I love the blue with the leaves with the falling leaves. Gorgeous color combo! Have a great day!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your leaves!! I really love leaves and Fall colors. So much so that my dining room is decorated in Fall colors. I am drawn to anything with leaves on them. Your new bowl looks like Hall's pattern Autumn Leaf. Very vintage, very collectible.

must love junk said...

Jann, you have so many pretty fall touches! LOVE the dried leaves garland :)
Susan

The Old Parsonage said...

We had great fall-like weather this week past - today is HHH and I'm miserable. Plus now we're getting storms - it all effects mu fibro. Can't wait for the cooler temps and everything about fall.


Love all your seasonal decor!

Leann

Rose L said...

I just KNEW you would have fall decor up soon!! I collected the bright colored leaves from trees one fall, put them between paper towels and plastic wrap, flattened between books and when done-sprayed with acrylic spry. I decorated my Thanksgiving table with them as well as sending some to my mother in S. California to share their beauty. They lasted for about 3 months holding their color!

chateau chic said...

I love the beautiful colors of fall. Your leaf garland is so cute...great idea.
Mary Alice

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, wow I really love all of your fall decorations you have around your house. So pretty and perfect for September! Have a wonderful week.
Julie

My thrift store addiction said...

Just LOVE that pretty leaf garland! Beautiful in its simplicity :)

Fran said...

I'm not ready at all for summer to end, but if I stare at your pictures long enough I'm sure that will change! I especially love the colors and variety of shapes in that garland :) --Fran

Anonymous said...

simple and yet so darn lovely creative and rich color -- love it!

Hugs

Instagram