Melt in Your Mouth Steak with Tantalizing Toppings!

The other night we had the most delicious meal. I just had to share it with you.  Virtually, of course. lol!

I don’t know about you, but every now and then I get a hanker’n for a big juicy steak!

We always buy a beef from a friend that works with hubby.  So a trip to the freezer is all it takes for this wonderful cut of beef.

DSC02748
What’s the trick to cooking a juicy steak out on the Barbey?

A good rub makes all the difference in the world! It helps break down those fatty tissues.  I usually apply mine about a half an hour before cooking. For these I used one that my hubby gave me with my new knives for Christmas.  But I’m sharing one that I use often and love.  By good ole Paula Deen.

1 c. kosher salt                 1/4 c. fresh ground black pepper
1/4 c. garlic powder         1/4 c. onion powder 

Mix together and store in air tight container for up to 6 months.

DSC02756
This is the rub I used.  I’ll be telling you about the bottled sauce a little later in the post.

Cook steak on high for a few minutes to seal those juices in and then turn down and continue cooking to your preference.

My cousin had given me some Anaheim peppers.  I told hubby to throw them on the BBQ when the steaks were almost done.  Thought we’d eat them as a side dish.  Look how he brought them in.  I think he’s been watching the cooking channel. lol!
                                
DSC02747
While hubby was cooking the steaks I caramelized some sweet Walla Walla onions from the garden.  Not sure how to caramelize onions?  Super easy!  Here’s a link telling you how:  Caramelized Onions

DSC02750

And cooked some garden fresh green beans, (also from my sweet cousin).  I simply tossed them in a gal. baggie with olive oil and slivered almonds and roasted them about 15 min. in a 350 degree oven.

DSC02745

I also made some yummy potatoes.

1 1/2 lbs. Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes        1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter melted                                       Juice of one lemon
2tsp. minced garlic                                        1 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese

Cut potatoes in half and place in an 8 x8 baking dish.  In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, salt, and lemon juice.  Pour over potatoes and stir to coat.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.  Bake, covered for 30 min. in preheated 350 degree oven.  Uncover and bake an additional 10.       

DSC02746
Lemon Garlic Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes

Just the delicious pepper and onions would have been amazing on top of this juicy rib eye; but there’s more. . .

We drizzled it with some of my hubby’s homemade sauce.  He got the recipe off of the internet and just tweaked it a little.  We love it and it’s delicious on so many things!

Bourbon and Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce:
1 1/2 c. brown sugar              1 c. ketchup                1 c. water           
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar      1/3 c. molasses           1/2 c. Jack Daniels
1/2 tsp. sea salt                      1/2 tsp. garlic pdr.      1/2 tsp. onion pdr.
1/2 tsp. chili powder

Pour all ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until thick and reduced by about half.

(*All you non drinkers, like myself.  Remember:  The alcohol cooks out.  For all you drinkers, you may want to add a little more Jack Daniels. jk!!)

Now does that make your mouth water or what?  If not, you HAVE to be vegetarian! 

DSC02751

Hope you enjoyed this great summer time meal!  Heaven knows we did!!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:

Thoughts from Alice for Sundays at Home

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

15 comments

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds delish! Only thing, I don't care for the bourbon taste, so would have to find a substitute for that. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Stacey said...

Sounds so delicious and easy too! I don't think of steaks that often but they sure do make my husband smile. Need to do them more often. I like that it can all be cooked outside.

Maureen Wyatt said...

You couldn't get a better meal at a fine restaurant! Yum

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Mouth watering good photos!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Jann, I am not sure which looks the best...I want to eat it all!

mimi_62 said...

Yum, yum!! You have all the fun!

Deborah Montgomery said...

yummy Jann! We are steak and potato lovers here, and you've given me some great tips! My husband would love that sauce. Have a great day!

Susie said...

Jann, It all looks good and yummy. I laughed about your man watching the food network. He did a fine job. Blessings for a great new week ahead, xoxo,Susie

Highpoint Circle said...

Jann you talk like I do (eg., hanker'n, tickling my fancy) and so now we're kindred spirits in my mind! Wow, what a meal! Our hander'n tonight was ground beef with cream of mushroom soup over rice with fresh asparagus! Just needed something more than salad for a change!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Yes, it DID make my mouth water!! And I'm not so sure I should have read this now...it's nearly 1:00 am and if I raid the fridge now in the morning the scale will be bound to give me bad news. lol

You're so lucky you have your own onions! Love the way your hubby plated the peppers. He's a keeper it seems ;).

Leovi said...

Yes, it looks tasty, that rich!

Fran said...

Wow, Jann, that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe for your hubby's sauce, I have everything on hand except for the Jack Daniels--I'll have to get some soon because I can't wait to give it a try :)
--Fran

A Joyful Cottage said...

This looks so yummy, Jann. Pinning for later. xxx ~ Nancy

Debra Howard said...

Oh now that looks delicious...pinning this one.

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmmm...i could eat that entire meal and it's only 9:15!!!

Instagram