You've Been Framed!

Hello my friends, don't you just love the weekends?

They're a wonderful time to relax, rejuvenate, have fun, or get some of those little things done around the house.

A few weeks ago hubby and I went on a get away to St. George.
While there we visited one of my favorite shops, Urban Renewal.

It's an eclectic consignment shop that doesn't take just anything.  Their style is quite quirky and their front window displays always have me shaking my head just a little.

But once inside it's like you've stepped into a magical place.

I bought a large bird print.  Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but loved it and it was only $7.95.

Today, using some old chippy tongue and groove that I picked up when Star Mill Antiques closed hubby made me a frame.

 
Isn't it sweet?
 
I love the words, Natural History of Birds!
 
I had a piece of foam board from the $1 store.  I sprayed it with spray glue and pressed the print on.
 
It fit snugly inside the tongue and groove.
 
I love that he took this old piece of wood and turned my print into art.
 
 
The kids gave us a miter saw for Christmas.  I say us because when we opened it they said that it was to help dad build my garden shed this Spring.

He bought some plans and won't be long till we get started. I Can hardly wait!!

He's having fun playing with his new toy.

Can't wait to use my bird art on the mantle after Easter!


 





This weekend one might say that I'm having a bit of chippy love!

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these lovely parties:
Share Your Style


21 comments

Tea in the Library said...

I am in love with this!

My thrift store addiction said...

Great job, Jann! Hugs, Cecilia

Junkchiccottage said...

Love this Jann. So great. Have a wonderful week end.
Kris

Stacey said...

That's wonderful and such a good price. You were smart to bring that one home. :)

Maureen Wyatt said...

Absolutely perfect frame for that great print!

Art and Sand said...

I can't wait to see your little garden house.

Salmagundi said...

Great buy!! And a talented husband in addition. Can't beat the combination. Sally

Anonymous said...

What a perfect way to frame your print, Jann! You must be so excited to get started on your garden shed. Gardening time is just around the corner. Can't wait! ♡Dawn

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

What a beautiful picture and the frame is perfect for the picture. I love prints like that - they are timeless.

Have a great week Jann.
Mary

Christine said...

Chippy and Chirpy weekend to you too!
Oh how I love birds of any kind.

Rose L said...

Sweet tweet!!!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a beautiful bird print! So perfect in your new Old frame!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love bird prints... And perfectly on time for spring!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I love it Jann. It's So perfect for summer. Hugs, Jo

cynthia lee designs said...

Jann...love the bird print and the frame that you put it in. Oh...I emailed you my address a few days ago. Did you get it?
hugs,
Cindy

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I also love the bird print...and the frame is so, well, cool! I love birds inside or out!

Julie said...

That is just gorgeous! I love the print, and the frame couldn't be more perfect!

Wilma said...

Perfect combination Jann !
I love it. What a great, beautiful buy.

Hugs, Wilma.

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jann: What a great find. I need to shop where you shop!

The Charm of Home said...

That's just beautiful Jann! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE them!! Your frames and prints are wonderful!!

Instagram