South of the Border Sunday. . . Yummy Grasco's

Well my friends are you ready to try a yummy twist on a tostada?
 
At our house Mexican food is one of our favorites.  We could literally eat it three or four times a week.
 
Growing up mom always made a little something we called
Grasco's.
 
Interesting name, right?  Wait till you hear where it came from.  One of mom's best friends was named, Grace.  Us kids had all nick named her Grasco.  Not sure if she ever knew that.  She gave this recipe to mom and Grasco's is all we ever called it.
 
 
They are very simple to make and boy are they ever tasty!
 
First you brown a lb. of ground beef.  Drain off any grease and add two cans of diced tomatoes. I usually add a can of green chili's or the tomatoes that have them in it.
Then you add a can of sliced potatoes, drained.
(I know it sounds a little weird, but trust me, it's yummy)
At this point you can add a TBs. or two of cornstarch to a small amount of water.  Then add to meat mixture to thicken.
 
Fry your flour tortilla in hot oil till crispy.  Turning to brown both sides.
Here's a little tip:  I always save an empty oil bottle.  After frying I let the oil cool and then dump back into the bottle and place it in the freezer until I am going to fry something again.
 
 
Place your fried shells between paper towels to absorb extra grease.
 
Then top it with the meat/potato mixture.
 
Dress it just like you would a tostada:
lettuce
cheese
tomatoes
onions
salsa
sour cream
avocado
I used plain diced tomatoes this night so we added a few jalapenos.
 
 
I guarantee that this quick and easy meal will have you
thinking you are South of the border in sweet Old Mexico!
 
hugs,
Jann 
 

16 comments

decorayadora said...

Que tenga un feliz Semana Santa y Pascua de resurrección
Cariños

Winnie said...

Jann - you made me sooooooooooooooo hungry!!
It's veggie, has all my favorite ingredients and it's calling my name!!
Pinning

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sounds yummy, except for the potatoes but I trust you and will gather these ingredients and give it a try!

Susie said...

Jann, That looks beautiful...I always sya , the more colorful your meal, the healthier it is. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Mary Ann Potter said...

Beautifully put together and surely delicious! We eat Mexican food every Sunday at our favorite local restaurant. I will have to experiment more with Mexican food here. Really enjoyed this post!

Salmagundi said...

I'm ready to fry up some flour tortillas as they sound so much better than corn tortillas. Thanks for the idea!! Sally

Linda W. said...

This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Right about now I'm sorry I skipped dinner tonight (late lunch). Suddenly I'm very hungry!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Looks great, Jann. I love Mexican food. xxx ~ Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy Jann, this looks so YUMMY! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

priscilla said...

Thanks for the recipe Jann ! They look great !

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann what a wonderful idea for dinner. I'm always on the look out for something different.Hugs, Jo

handmade by amalia said...

I could go for one right now.
Amalia
xo

Maria Elena said...

Sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing. Got to try it!

HWIT BLOGG said...

I LOVE mexican food, hot and spicy!
Beautiful pictures from your garden too...
Have a great week!
Titti

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

We love Mexican, too. I think we could do it at least 3 times a week if we were able.

Instagram