A Nifty Thrifty Christmas

Hello and welcome to day 2 of  'Creating Christmas'.
 
 
Today the party is being hosted by Cecilia.  Hop over to
 
to share your thrifty ideas or Christmas thrift finds.
 
I love using thrift find treasures in my Christmas vignettes!
 
 
Mixing the old with the new makes for a wonderful combination!  The minty coffee pot, the enamel lidded cup, the miniature nativity, and red clock were all scored at thrift shops.  I had a lot of un mixing them into my plaid theme.
 
 
The deer was just scored a couple of weeks ago.  The skates were found at the Salvation Army in Wisconsin 6 years ago.
 
This sweet flocked deer is another recent find and is quite large.  Love it!
 
 
 




It's really hard to get a decent photo in my kitchen window.  I picked up the silver cooler recently for $4.  The thermos and deer are older finds and the batter bowl came from an estate sale.
 
A couple of vignettes in my candy/gingerbread themed
 basement kitchen.
 
 
The pitcher was found at a consignment shop and the little candle was $1 thrift cutie.
 
Santa mugs and coasters.  Perfect thrift finds for my basement!

 
I put together this little vintage basket for my basement bath from odds and ends picked up at thrift shops.
 
 
I like having a cocoa bar for the holidays.  This year I teamed up cocoa and Campbell's.  Why?  Because I have scored a lot of Campbell's items lately and after all, it's mmmmmmm good!  :)
 

The smaller tins hold cocoa and the larger one holds marshmallows.
 
 
I hung some Campbell's mugs from my French drying rack and a Campbell's ornament.  I have a collection and will be adding more, just haven't pulled them out yet.

 
And just for 'old time' sakes.  I'll end with this vignette on my kitchen island.  I just picked up the Snowdrift plate and it was perfect next to my cookie jar!
 
They are really colorful, but for some reason I felt inclined to share them in black and white.  lol!
 
 
Wishing you all a very Thrifty Christmas!
 
Remember that the link party will stay open until Dec. 24th.  So you can still share your Silver and Gold Christmas over at 
 
hugs,
Jann

13 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute! I have lots of vintage items I decorate with. I really enjoy the variety in my home.
hugs,
Linda

Susie said...

Jann, You have some of the nicest things. I loved the thermos. I like that idea of a cocoa and soup bar. :) Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann you have some of the cutest vintage treasures for your decor. Looking so pretty. Have a great new week ahead.
Kris

camp and cottage living said...

You have so many cute vignettes, Jann.

Katie Mansfield said...

So cute. I love my thrifted Christmas stuff.

Joy Junktion said...

Goodness, I love all of your vintage Christmas finds! And, I love that the items don't have to be Christmas to make a sweet holiday vignette! So many cute pieces that can be used all year! Wise woman!! Blessings, Cindy xo

Cherie said...

You have some lovely things there but I adore the little chalk board. I plan to look out for one. Or maybe make one using a child's chalk board from the £1 shop

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love, love all of your Christmas décor! I have that cute flocked deer and he is a cutie!

Sarah said...

Jann, it's always cheerful at your house. I want to linger at the coco bar. ;-)
Merry Christmas!

My thrift store addiction said...

Love all of your thrifty finds, Jann but that enamelware pot...sigh! I love "Creating Christmas" ~ thanks for including me!

Audrey said...

So fun to see how you have used the vintage collectibles in your Christmas decorating. Makes it so interesting. A real 'Nifty-Thrifty Christmas'. Loving the 'Creating Christmas' link party too. Thanks for hosting.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

cynthia lee designs said...

I love your vintage thrifty Christmas décor!! Everything is so sweet!!
hugs,
Cindy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jann, you have so many great thrifty finds! Love them all. Hugs, Jo

Instagram