Playing with Plaid

Hello my friends, All week I have been playing with plaid.  You might remember that I shared my love for it in a previous post.
 
 I love pulling my collection of plaid thermoses, tins, and coolers out to use in my Christmas displays.  Each year they land in different places.  From the front porch to the bedroom, and this year the family room and kitchen.
 
 
As always, I love mixing dishes for an informal look.  I have two settings of these plaid dishes.  Both were found at thrift stores.  Not at the same time, but how funny is it that I found two of each?
I decided to set them at the ends of the table.
 
I found the chalkboard chargers at Target and fell in love.  
 
 
First I draped the table in a crochet linen, scored at an estate sale.  Then I topped it with a plaid tablecloth.  At first I laid it diagonally, but then switched it to straight.  I thought it gave more
of a picnic feel.
 
 
The other four plates were found at my favorite damaged goods store after Christmas last year.
The scene on each one just screamed, "vintage Christmas" to me.
 
(the little wooden disc with the groove will be used as a name card holder)
 

 
 
 



Notice how I only wrote fa la, la, la on the end chargers?  I thought if I did it on all 6 that it might be too much.  What do you think?
 
For the centerpiece I pulled out this little cart.  and filled it with a few of my thermoses.
 

I got the wooden tree at Bunco a few weeks ago and picked it intentionally for this tablescape.
 
Every year I love to pot a few paperwhites.  I topped one with cranberries and added it to the little cart.

 
I added some chalkboard discs, also purchased at Target to the chandy and a few ornaments.  My neighbor just brought me back the North Pole cooler from a vacation.  Isn't it so sweet?

 

I filled a wooden scoop with some pinecones and placed it at the base of the cart.


 
I have a plaid sugar bowl (another thrift find), so of course I wanted to place it on the table.  :)  Little deer and a tree S&P joined it under a cloche.
 
 
I added a couple of green sprigs to the back of the end chairs and tied them with plaid ribbon.  Hoping to get to the Dollar Store to pick up a couple glitzy deer cut outs to add above the greenery.
 
 
The red goblets are vintage and I love them!

 
Although the snow has all melted out front, it remains in the backyard.  Love seeing it out the glass doors!

 
I've been having so much fun plaidifying my home.
Hope you've enjoyed seeing it!
 
Just be warned, this is not the last of the plaid. :)
 
hugs,
 

31 comments

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,
you know I love plaid! Everything on your table is perfect! I have those same little deer salt & peppers, they are my favorite! So perfect to add all your plaid vintage elements to the design, looks great!
Rebecca

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Love, love all your lovely tartan, Jann! ❤❤

Kim said...

Oh gosh, there are so many lovely things to look at Jann, but there always is when I visit your lovely home! Gorgeous plaid...and.....those plates, how cool are they!!

daisy g said...

Those plates are adorable! Love the thermos collage. What a festive and beautiful table setting!

Stacey said...

Love, love, love! You are so talented.

Sandra said...

Love your using Plaid as your Christmas Decor. It all works together so well. Great combination of all your collected treasures.

Stephanie said...

Oh Jann, everything is just gorgeous! Your make plaid extra lovely {{smiles}} And your sweet treasures are delightful.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Wow Jann! I've seen so much plaid this year but none prettier than what you've got going on! I love the cute dishes, especially the one with the dog and wheelbarrow. I bought some pretty plaid flannel ribbon the other day. Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and get with it!?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann this is my favorite tablescape I've seen so far!! I love the plaid! You have quite the collection. I never find such wonderful dishes in plaid. I do have a few thermoses but I'm always on the lookout for more. love all the fun touches on this table.
hugs,
Linda

mimi_62 said...

Love it all. So much fun!!

Sandi Magle said...

That is so much fun, I love the little thermos ornament, too cute. I know when Coleman gave lttle promo lanterns for $1.00 I bought a bunch for using as ornaments. You are having too much fun, lol. Thanks, Sandi

Cynthia said...

LOVE!!! Doesn't plaid just scream Christmas? You find such treasures my friend. I totally agree the top plates say vintage. I like why you did to the chairs and yes, I agree with the placemats.

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Jan,
Everything looks so festive and pretty. Love your work with plaids. Gorgeous. Those plates oh my they are just adorable. Happy Friday. Have a great week end.
Kris

Rose L said...

Cute decor! I am not in to plaid and will rarely use it.

Pamela Gordon said...

Jann, your plaid table setting is all so sweet. I love the chalkboard chargers! We had a good snowstorm last night and it's beautiful out there today. Enjoy the weekend.
Pam

Friday-Feature-Weekly-Linky-Party said...

Oh what a fun post, I love all the plaid and the tablescape is wonderful. Hope you can stop by to share on Friday Features Linky Party as well!!! I would love to share this to my friends next week.

Have a great weekend!!
Karren Haller
@Oh My Heartsie Girl

Mimi said...

Jann I love this! I'm playing with plaid this Christmas too, but mine is royal blue and soft grey, so a very different look. Yours is fabulous and I love the chalkboard placemat idea. Love, Mimi xxx

Christina Paul said...

This was so fun and festive!
Just love tartan- especially this time of year- and those plates are too cute!

priscilla said...

Love it all Jann! I NEED those chalkboard chargers!

Jean Tuthill said...

Love the plaid, especially the tablecloth and the backs of the chairs. The thermos bottles are so perfect for the whole look. Love the look.

Betty said...

Everything looks very pretty and I love plaid for christmas.

Home Romance said...

Hi dear Jann,

I loved your Christmas table. Your dishes are gorgeous!

Thank you for giving us so many beautiful ideas for decoration,

Hugs,

Nanda

Anonymous said...

So very cute! I would take some of the thermos out and add some greens! Looks great! Like the falalalal!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love...the plaid!! So perfect for the Christmas season.
hugs,
Cindy

Joy Junktion said...

I really like plaid at Christmastime! Those square Christmas plates are adorable!! Have a super weekend! Blessings, Cindy

Friday Features Linky Party said...

Weird I was here a couple of days ago and I thought I had commented on how pretty the use of plaid was, I love the old thermoses, I remember those and they work perfectly, but each time I look at the pictures, I see something else, guess I should concentrate. But I love everything.

Hope you have a beautiful holiday!
Karren
Oh My Heartsie Girl

Mary Ann Potter said...

Retro and festive and simply beautiful! I too am a plaid lover. I'd even love to have a vintage plaid jacket (Pendleton, of course) from the 1940s. I look at vintage clothing every now and then online. Perhaps I'll see the one I want someday. Merry Christmas! I enjoyed seeing your table setting so much!

Winnie said...

I certainly remember the last plaid-post :)
I also like plaid, especially with red (one of my favorite colors).
You have some wonderful things here Jann!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your beautiful table proves that you can mix and match any plaid together and it looks fabulous!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

You have such a great way of putting it all together! Love it all!
Merry Christmas,
Susie

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Love the plaid Jann it's so festive. Call me! Jo

Instagram