Leaping into March!

Happy Leap Day my friends!
 
Can't help but want to do a little jig as we approach the month of March and we have a Leap Year to celebrate!
 
Just maybe I'll hold off from sharing a photo of me doing a jig. (trust me, not a pretty sight) Instead I'll be 'goin green' and share with you my growing collection of jadite.
 
I started collecting about 3 years ago.  I don't go online to search for it, but wait till something happens to fall into my arms. Ha,ha!  Not literally, but you get the idea.
 
It's not real often, because I won't pay the big bucks some are asking.  But now and then I find a treasure!
 
 
My first pieces were some small saucers that I found while visiting Vernal, UT.

 
Then I found a few teacups and one mug and saucer.
 
Recently I purchased two bowls off of Instagram.  They were very reasonably priced and shipping was included.
 
 
I bought the flour shaker in Napa, CA while on vacation.  The measuring cups were picked up at an estate sale for $4.  One is missing and another has a little chip.  Still, I saw a complete set on line for $100.  Wowzer!
 

I bought this swirl bowl a couple years ago in Scipio.  I was on a girl trip to St. George.  Because it was so stained inside I got it for $18.  He told me that if it hadn't been he would have marked it $35.  I filled it with bleach when I got home and it's good as new!

 

 
The sugar bowl was gifted to me by a sweet quilting friend, RaeAnn.  It was her only piece of jadite so she thought
 I needed it.  :)
 

The S&P shakers were scored at our local thrift for $4.
 
Notice the sweet trim on these teacups?  I love them!




This mug and one saucer was also at our thrift shop.  Each piece was marked $10.  The nice fellow said that he'd give
 me both for that. 
 
I will tell you that I did pay 'up' for the plates.  I have never seen one here.  My sil found them at a flea in Virginia.  The lady wanted $20 each.  Because she bought 8 for each of us she gave them to her for $15.
 
Random shakers with no match can be picked up quite cheaply.  $6 each for these at a vintage sale.  The enamel coffee pot was scored in New England.  Had to add it because it's the perfect
 shade of green!
 
 
The pitcher is Vaseline glass and the glasses are blendo.
 
 
I bought this sweet scalloped bowl at fleaology last Fall.  The juicer was also a New England find.
 
 
This is what the cabinet looks like closed. (hard to not get a glare off the glass) I've tucked bits of Easter in here and there.  I have one more box to empty, so hope to be adding more.  Maybe even a few faux flowers would
 be fun for spring.
 
 
I hope you have fun 'goin green' for the month of March!
 
hugs,
Jann 
 
I will be joining these lovely parties:
 

36 comments

Debby Ray said...

You have a lovely collection of "greens", Jann. Such a soothing color! Have a great week!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

You have done great for 3 years! I got my first pieces 20 years ago when my Mom and I were out and saw some cups and saucers. They evoked wonderful memories of church, yes our church had jadeite and I can remember putting coins in a little bowl during Sunday School. Looks great for Easter or St Pattys day!

Melissa said...

Jadeite... swoon!

Bernideen said...

Dear Jann:
What a nice collection of the Jadedite - I am know is very popular and looks so nice for spring too! Lovely Jann!

NanaDiana said...

You have some gorgeous pieces, Jann. My mom had several pieces when I was growing up....wish I had them now! I hope you have a wonderful LEAP into March. We are looking forward to the next few weeks of recovery here. xo Diana

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Great collection of jadite and green Jann. Green is my favorite color. I like your bunny on the little round box, cute!
Happy Leap Day!
Gina

lynn cockrell said...

Your jadite collection is wonderful, Jann. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Happy Leap Day, Jann. Love seeing your Jadite collection.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

How lovely! The green makes me happy this close to spring!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a wonderful collection of Jadite, Jann, and perfect for March!

Patti said...

Oh, I love jadite too Jann! It is such a happy color! You have quite a great collection going there. I have a few pieces. LOVE your cabinet!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful collection Jann! I just started collecting Jadite and I only have a cup and saucer, but you have to start somewhere! :)

Art and Sand said...

I really need to get me some green - jadeite that is!

Sophie said...

Your mint collection looks so gentle and fresh with white. This mint color feels so unique.

vivian said...

springy mint tingaling! I love all the green. sweet collection. I love the glass doors on your cabinets.
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

I love all the green.

Sandi Magle said...

I remember when this stuff was in boxes at garage sales for under a $1, now you can hardly find it reasonable---great collection going there though....Enjoyed here, Sandi

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I almost have a collection, having two pieces. I sold one before I knew I wanted to collect it! You have quite a nice collection. I love that green enamelware coffee pot. I have never seen one that perfect jadeite green.

Margie said...

What a wonderful collection of Jadeite! I inherited some jadeite plates from my grandmother and would love to acquire some teacups like yours.

I didn't know that you can purchase items off Instagram now?!?

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Loving all the Jadeite. Perfect for jumping into March.

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your Jadeite collection Jann! You have some really beautiful pieces and got them for great prices. A cup and saucer sells for about $40.00 here! Thankfully, I found one in the attic in perfect shape. I have one small bowl and 3 mugs and one saucer. All were my mother-in-law's. Happy March to you!

GranthamLynn said...

Great collection. And great bargains. Thanks for sharing.

Creations By Cindy said...

Good grief Jann. Now I am drooling and I normally only do that when sleeping! Love your collected and those tea cups and saucers caught my eye QUICK! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

What an amazing collection you have!

I have a coffee pot like that enamel one. I just love it...found it in the mission store a few years ago.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a beautiful collection of jadeite! My first purchase on Ebay many years ago was a swirl bowl just like yours; I still have it and use it! Thanks so much for sharing your collection at Talk of the Town.

Unknown said...

What an amazing collection Jann ! I remember my grandmother having mismatched pieces of these - I have no idea what happened to all of them
And that green coffee pot is just gorgeous !!!
xox

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your Jadeite collection is so pretty, Jann! It must be fun to find it for sale at different places you visit --almost like being on a treasure hunt! t looks so nice displayed together in your cabinet. Perfect green color for Spring and St Patrick's Day!

Tea in the Library said...

Such a pretty collection. I always love to hear a piece's story.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow! Your jadeite collection is absolutely amazing...and I loved reading how you acquired each piece :) Beautiful! To be cherished for years to come. I love jadeite, I have a few pieces but yours is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs, Poppy

CD Loken said...

Oh my goodness, how lucky you are Jann to have found such a GORGEOUS collection of Jadite! Love how you've arranged your cabinet-and I agree-some lovely flowers-faux or real would be the perfect compliment!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous jadeite, Jann!! So very pretty, you have a lovely collection, I am green with envy! ;)

cynthia lee designs said...

My youngest daughter collects Jdedite dishes. Love your collection.
hugs,
Cindy

Stacey said...

I love your jadeite! A few years ago when Martha Stewart had those pieces at Macy's I considered getting some. I love the luminous color of your pieces.

Pinned at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Thanks friend. :)

Elizabeth said...

You do have a beautiful collection of jadite!

Marigene said...

You have a wonderful collection of Jadeite. The cute tea cups with the decorated rims are some I have not seen before. This post reminds me of my mom, she had tons of Jadeite and none of us girls wanted it! She always used the mugs for her breakfast coffee and lunch tea. We always had our morning cereal from bowls that matched.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

My thrift store addiction said...

Love all of your greens, Jann and of course the jadeite ;) Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinning to our Features & Favorites!

Instagram