SNOW Place Like Home

As of late, the weather outside is frightful! With the holiday season drawing to a close sometimes we find ourselves settling in and feeling a bit blue.

As I begin to put away the decorations I always leave some of my Snow fellows out to help warm my heart and home.

IMG_0554

This tall fella decided to take a ride in my rustic sled.

IMG_0551

This snowman quilt is one of the first ones I made. It was a block exchange our Kennel Girls did. I still love it! Saw this rustic door at R. C. Willey’s when we went to help our friends pick up a chair. My hubby bought it for me. He’s a keeper!

IMG_0553

It won’t be long until the mantle will be sporting Valentines décor. Until then let the SNOW begin!

IMG_0550

Jars of white and silver in my blue cupboard

IMG_0549

IMG_0558

More jars – couldn’t stand to leave some empty!

IMG_0555

Turquoise bottles are happy to hold a couple of flakes.

IMG_0556

Frosty table décor.

IMG_0559

My friend, Shelley gave me this cute pedestal bowl for Christmas. It’s holding a few wintery treasures.

IMG_0561

It’s hard to see, but the snowman stitchery says “HOPE”. This reminds me daily that winter will not last forever! Myself, I am much more a Spring and Summer kind of girl! Can’t wait until that daily ritual of walking the garden and seeing what plants have dared to stick their heads out first begins. I just have to remind myself, “that daffodils are a comin!” Till then, I’ll hunker down and stay warm and cozy in my abode. Because there is “SNOW” place like home!

1 comment

Peg said...

Love all the white and silvery things, so beautiful and winter like. I was just telling Lachelle, that there is snow place like home. We were talking about how grateful we are to have homes to live in especially when the weather is frightful outside. The white snow is beautiful to look at, fun to play in, but oh so cold. Love the new door it looks so great with your vintage column in your entry way. Your hubby is a peach! I will have to come and look at the decorations in person soon!

Instagram