The Three R’s…

Recycle, Reuse, and Recreate

Thank goodness that there are those, myself being one of them, that believe in the three R’s!

I love finding old treasures and turning them into something else.

IMG_0570

There are so many things that you can do with old books or sheet music. Last Dec. a few of my friends, my daughter Kylee, and I went to Connie Pinkneyes home and she taught us how to roll the pages into cones to make a wreath. Looks easy, but there actually is a technique to it.

My sister-in-law has it down perfect. Me, let's just say; I need more practice.

Good excuse to do a give away on my blog. Sign up as a follower and leave a comment by Feb. 14th and I will put you in a drawing for a paper rolled wreath. Practice, practice, practice.
Good Luck and I hope you will LOVE it!

WARNING It can be addicting!

My sister-in-law, Laurie and I found ourselves making a Valentines Day wreath.

Rolled pages from an old book, scrapbook paper, ribbons, posies made from tissue, a funky earring, and add a touch of epherma, (paper collectibles that were originally meant to be thrown away after use) and WA-LA you have a vintage looking wreath.

IMG_0571

IMG_0573

IMG_0572

Originally epherma items were very inexpensive because they were to be disposed of. Vintage ones are not so cheap. Even reproductions are pricey. This baby set me back about $14.

I’m sure as heck not going to throw it away!

Reusing old Valentines for décor is also fun. I created a garland using mini Valentines Day cards that I made in a class at Archivers.

DSCF0321

DSCF0323

DSCF0322

DSCF0324

DSCF0325

DSCF0327

DSCF0329

Close up of some of the cards.

12 comments

Jill Walker said...

Jann, you are so awesome. I am so blessed to have you as a friend!

Peg said...

I love the garland! The wreath is beautiful too. Your valentine decorations makes your home feel all romantic, glad I get to see in person. Love being your friend and I think I figured out what I did the first time I tried to be your follower, I screwed it up, but now I got it right. Geeze Louise! I am so not computer savey, maybe someday. We can always hope.

Grandma Lu said...

I love everything you do!!! Pick me!!! heeheeehee

McFadden said...

You are so creative. I'm sure glad you are my sis. Just a hint, keep the give-aways in the Family. ( so pick me)

melissa said...

Oh my, you are so talented and I have to have that wreath...I won't even make you ship it to twin falls, you can leave it with Betty! Pick me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
Your creations are wonderful, love reading your blog and getting ideas, just no time!

Jo 53 said...

Jo 53 I was lucky enough to watch you and Laurie put those beautiful wreaths together in my spare few minutes of that day. If I could save time in a bottle like the song says I might be able to get one done for myself. Oh well it was a fun afternoon and Thaynes dinner for us was delous.

lablognata said...

Well Jan this has nothing to do with your post but I thought I would tell you that Michael and my favorite new show is 'Pickers'. We are obsessed. But I also have to tell you that I am so jealous of your cute wreath. If you pick me I will display it proudly.

Anonymous said...

Jann- I've tried and tried and tried to post a comment-No success.
So here I go - Your blog is the best on the block as it just like it says at the bottom of your blog.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Anonymous,
I must know who you are so that I can enter you into the drawing. I'm thinking that you might be Lady Di, am I correct. Obviously, you managed to succeed because your post is there. Just leave your name and that'll do.

Anonymous said...

Jann your wreath is beautiful, just like everything you make. I feel so blessed to be you cuz

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Mom.... Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today so an Early Spring it is!!! I thought you would "heart" this news so that is why I am posting it here!!!! BTW- Love the wreath!
heart.... Nikki

Instagram