Adding a Junk Wood Wall to the She Shed

Hello my friends, the junk wood wall in the she shed is finally finished and now the fun has begun!!
 


I lined the top of the wall with some of my watering can collection.  Alot of them would not fit, but these small ones worked nicely.
 

 
Originally I wanted to make this junk wood wall all by myself.  Simply to say that I could.  :)  Alas, hubby would not let me use the table saw that we used for ripping the wood.  Many pieces had to be ripped to line up with other wood. 


Just an old piece of chippy plywood scored at my cousin, Betty's home being ripped.  Did I mention that I kept calling it stripped instead of ripped.  Hubby corrected me plenty.  lol!  What can I say?  some girls just want to 'strip' more than they want to 'rip'!

 
Marking a line to be cut.

 
He did let me use the chop saw.  Something about using a power tool that is exhilarating!  :)

 
Safety first!  Always wear eye goggles.
 
 
I am not the worlds greatest hammer lady, but I gave it my
best shot.


 
Even if it did put me in some, 'not so pretty' predicaments! (wink)
 
I might mention that hubby took a video of me hammering and it's quite comical.  I think I missed more times than I hit.

 
 
This wall turned out to be everything I had dreamed it would be. 
It's fun adding bits and bobs here and there.  I had the old hinge and we recently dug up the rusty saw blade while planting a bush.  It had to be added to the wall!
 
 

 
When we were more than half way done I remembered I had this old pegboard we made a few years ago.  It had hung on the wall in our family room.  We took it down when we bought our entertainment center.  If I had remembered earlier I would have added it directly into the wall.  Not wanting to tear any wood down I opted to hang it on top.


 
I was staining the inside walls on Friday.  Look who flew in to say, 'hi'.  Looks like I'm not the only one loving my new she shed!  Now to finish staining the other half.
 
My work never ends!
 
hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Talk of the Town

29 comments

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun and interesting wall you've created. I LOVE it and all the treasures you added. Great job!

Kim said...

Oh you are a 'wicked' gal, Jann....I too much prefer to strip!! Love your wall. You look right at home with those power tools. The watering cans look cool and I love the added hinge and saw bit to the wall. Your she shed is turning out marvellously I can't wait to see some more.

Sandi Magle said...

HOW MUCH FUN IS THAT? Vroom -Vroom, LOL. Power tools are awesome. I was five when my dad set me on a milk carton and had me cutting puzzles out on the jigsaw of his shopsmilth. Probably something I will do with my Grand in a few years. My mom was semi-hysterical...lol. This project looks like so much fun, I bet you can't wait to finish it. We are supposed to get a respite from the heat tomorrow...so I will be out painting, sawing and pounding myself.

Fun to see you---you look like we could be sisters, Sandi

20 North Ora said...

Oh Jann - love the wall!! Your "she shed" is already so darling! Can't wait to see what else you do. John never would me use the table saw either. There is definitely power in power tools for us girls.

Judy

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann that wall is awesome. The "she shed" is coming together so nicely. Love your sweet watering cans too.
Swooning over your she shed.
Kris

Gayle said...

What a delightful shed Jann! I like all the little touches that you've added so far, and I'm sure there will be plenty more..... Hubby's garage sure is tidy!

Mary Ann Potter said...

Oh, I love this! What a perfect place for nifty things like that rusty blade!

Nikki said...

Your wall is a real focal point! My husband did something similar in our shed makeover, although none of the boards were painted. I just may have to go back and paint some of them. haha AND I want to add some cool stuff like the saw blade. Great job!
:) gwingal

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

That wall is FAB-U-LOUS!! I love the add-on's too. How fun to have that to decorate.

Pat said...

Jann,
You are amazing . . .dear friend!
Look at you go on the power tools!
"Mr. Ed" won't let near anything "hot" or "sharp". . .
too many trips to the ER! (wink!)
Love the wood that was ripped to make your walls!
A meadowlark! My State Bird!
Fondly,
Pat

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Ooh Jann, your she shed wall is looking soooo good, and is so YOU! You have such great vision and you and your hubby make such a great team. I'm looking forward to the end results!

mimi_62 said...

LOVE it!!! Love the, "strip, don't rip!." You're way to-ooo funny with words!

Bev said...

Love the beautiful way the different woods blend together on the wall! You are so talented. One thought though, if a bird can fly in, so can bats. Bats love to come in buildings if there's an entrance. A piece of screen will fix this. Enjoy your wonderful place.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is amazing!!! So cool!

cloches and lavender said...

Jann, I love it and I can't hammer at all. I miss so many times even before I got less coordinated. I think the peg shelf looks cute. I know you would have wanted it in the wall but to me it adds dimension. Love it!

Cindy

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Your junk wall is soooooo amazing. I just love it and everything about your she shed!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous Jan!!!! It is turning out perfect

Art and Sand said...

Your wall is so original and will be so much fun to decorate.

Creations By Cindy said...

Jann, your shed is coming along so nicely and girlfriend, you are so stinking cute! I mean you are just the cutest thing in that shed a working. I love it! This post brought a much needed smile this morning my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
P.S. The only power tool Marty will let me use is my little sander! LOL!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That wall looks amazing! You seem quite the DIYer, despite the few missed hammer shots!

happyone said...

Love the wall. Beautiful, artistic and creative.
I'd like to do something like that on one of the walls in the cabin at Happy Trails.

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jan

Your "She Shed" is coming along and love the wood wall!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Jann you are amazing! I'm not very good with the hammer but I try and that's all that counts. It is looking so good. Now I just have to come and visit when you are finished. Have a lovely week. xx Jo

foreverdecorating said...

I want your shed! Loving the wood wall.

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

You two seemed to be having too much fun for this to be work! :)

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Jann! I love it! :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a fun project to be working on with your husband, Jann. Your new creative space looks fabulous!

Jeanie said...

Loving your she-shed and what a great collaborative project! Three cheers!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your junk wall...it's awesome!!
~Cindy

Instagram