"COOL" Coolers. . .My Salute to Summer!

Well my friends, here I am sharing another collection.
 
Are you beginning to ask yourself, "What doesn't she collect?"  lol!
Must admit, I ask myself the same question every now and then.
 
 
My latest thrift find prompted me to display my collection of Coleman coolers.  I snagged this beauty of a red one last week and my friend and I came right home and put them on display.
 
Like the majority of my collections, I really didn't mean to collect them.  I first found a green one and thought it would be fun to plant a little tree in it for Christmas time.  Which is exactly what I did.  Well, it ended up being Rosemary instead of pine, but still gave a similar look.
 
 
The green and blue ones came next.  In fact, I didn't remember that I had the short one until just this weekend.  I had lined them all up on top of my entertainment center and saw that I needed another one.  Yup, I only had four and we all know how we like odd numbers. (wink)
 
 
I love how they echo the colored glass in my old window. 
 A happy accident!
 
 
 
So fun that the handles are shaped differently.
 
 
My sweet friend, Peggy gave me the teal one.  One of my favs, next to the red one of course!  :)  Her dear mother passed away and no one wanted it.  Peggy knew who would!
 
It has an extra cool label!  All of the others say Coleman in a rectangular shape lined with white.  This one has an added piece
 of metal.
 

 
 
All lined up they are my salute to summer!

 
I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot going on in this room with my patriotic mantle.  In fact, if there wasn't; I'd be placing a few flags in these coolers.
 
But, isn't that just how summer is?  Lots going on:  reunions, parties, (we have 3 birthdays this month; one being my very own) yard work, vacations, etc. . .
 
The mantle will be switched up after the 24th and I will keep it simple.  But my Coleman coolers, well; theyre not going anywhere for a while.
 
So what do you think of my, Cool Coleman Cooler Collection?
They take me back to my younger days!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 

26 comments

Trisha said...

I love how perfectly the colors of the coolers match the color of the window! Serendipity at its finest!

~Trisha

NanaDiana said...

Love your coolers. I had two old ones and just gave them away as I am attempting to 'clear out, clean up' and downsize. Enjoy your COOL(er) summer days. xo Diana

Mary Ann Potter said...

Very cool display! No pun intended! I don't collect these, but my favorites are the old plaid ones.

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann these are awesome. They go so great with your colors in the window! Perfection!
Happy New Week.
Kris

20 North Ora said...

Great collection! Isn't it funny how you can get one thing and then, all of a sudden, you find more and more and more.....

Judy

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Like your coolers and they look so good on your mantle. I am afraid that all of us collect items. Mine are Cake platters, hard boiled egg platters and butter dishes just to name a few.

The coolers are such pretty colors.

Enjoy your week.

Hugs,
Mary

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful summer salute! They all look rather perfect sitting together in that arrangement -- and if you have a power failure, your freezer is good to go!

cynthia lee designs said...

Great collection of coolers!!
~Cindy

Laurie said...

Coolio!

decorayadora said...

Hi dear Jann , que bonitos termos coleman ,, no conocía esos colores ,, espero que te das un buen día
Cariños

vivian said...

they look great! Ive often thought about collecting thermoses. I see them often and am drawn to them, but then I think.. where would I put them? If I ever figure that out... I just might start buying them! Lol!
have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Kim said...

Me thinks you are the doyenne extraordinaire of collections, lovely Jann. Your coolers are so cool (sorry ;) ). I love that window in the background. Again, your mantlescape is a delight to the eyes! I can't wait to see what pretties you include in your next collection. =)

RURAL said...

Hi Jan, found you through IG...love your Sheshed...always wanted one for my backyard, one day soon I hope. It would be the perfect compliment to my garden.

I'd love to talk to you about a feature in RURAL magazine, but I can't find a contact form to get in touch with you.

Lets talk, I'm Jen@thelightlaughed in blogland. You can reach me through my email muddybootdreams[at]gmail.com.

Jen @ The Light Laughed/RURAL magazine

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

I was going to take the Coleman water cooler I found to the booth but now rethinking that since your coolers look so adorable on top of your entertainment center.

Pat said...

Jann,
That is one Cool Coleman Cooler Collection, dear friend!
LOVE the teal hue, too!
Fondly,
Pat

happyone said...

They are lovely and you are the only person I know of to collect them. : )

Sarah said...

Jann, I happy for you that you found the red one. I don't collect these, but like you, I ask myself, "What don't I collect?" It's fun to see what other collect. One of my closest friends decided that she now wants to collect Uncle Sam figures. I have an abundance, so I took her five to get her started. It's fun to share a collection with those that truly appreciate it. ;-)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They bring back memories to me, Jann, of picnics at the beach with my family when I was young. They look very colorful under that amazing window frame you have on your wall.

Art and Sand said...

What a fun thing to collect. I had no idea they came in so many colors and sizes.

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe Jann, this brought back some sweet memories for me. My Papa LOVED him a Coleman cooler and Coleman thermos. I can remember wanting to sip coffee out of his thermos as a kid but it was too hot. (LOL) Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Winnie said...

Yep - it's definitely odd and weird, especially when we don't have or use coolers at all, BUT it's also unique and I kinda like it!!
Who says you have to be ordinary and boring?

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

I just love this...it looks awesome!

And yes you DO probably have the most extensive collections but you use them all in such a fun way :)

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jann, thank you for hosting. Seeing your and Jo's and Carol's projects makes me positively envious!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

That is quite a nice collection. Love the colors! Your seasonal vignettes are always a joy to see and are the perfect touch to the season.

Sharon@bluewillowhouse said...

You know I love all those coolers. Thanks for sharing your cooler collection at Vintage Charm.

Susanne said...

what wonderful vintage goodness!!! Thanks for sharing with us at TaDa Thursday!!!

Instagram