Halloween Crafting. . .

Hello my friends,
the month of September was a time of fun Halloween crafting.
 
I've mentioned before that I am in two different craft groups.
 
Craft group #2 met first and Kimi was in charge.  She had us thinking, "inside of the box".  :)
 
Creating fun scenes inside of a box that is.


cigar boxes, card boxes, etc. were used and a whole lot of creativity!

 
(Kimi's)
 


 
(Margo's)

 
(Shirleys)  She created the pumpkin and cat heads out of sculpy clay.  You can see more of her fun creations at Zettas Aprons
 
 
 
 
(Trinas  Teatime wit Trina)  She is going to hang a string across and hang a photo of her granddaughter, Molly all dressed up for Halloween.
 
 
I had a cigar box, but it was awfully cute and I wasn't sure I wanted to use it.  So I opted to fill this collage box I bought 3 or so years ago.  Nice to have it done!

Craft group #l created a village of houses.



Cardboard houses from Hobby Lobby got all spookified.

 
Karen was in charge and to save time she had the houses all glittered for us.  Now that's a big job!  She also provided black twigs, picket fence pieces, and a few other embellishments.

 
Karen made hers ahead of time for our sample.  Isn't it so cute?


 
(mine)  I needed to pick up a couple of other things to give it a little more pizazz.

 
I loved the clock knob Karen had on hers so I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and got this.
 
 
 
I wanted something fun and unique to add to the chimney.  My friend, Joanne spied Mr. skelly at a thrift today and I love him!
 
'
 
Yesterday I pulled our one of my Halloween boxes and had fun building my little town of "Glitterville".


 
I'm hoping to find some time to dye some bottle brush trees to add around the base.  We'll see. (wink)

 
 Here's another easy craft I did a few years ago.  Using Modge Podge I covered one of my plastic pumpkins with book pages.

Honestly, I don't need anymore Halloween décor, but how could I resist making these fun crafts?

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Thoughts of Home
Home Sweet Home
 

20 comments

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Busy busy! Looks like you've made some stylish new decorations for the season.

Kim said...

Oh you ladies always seem to get up to soooo much fun!! Every lady's creation is fantastic. Love your collage box and the pumpkin covered in pages of a book is very cool. LOVE those houses. So many clever, clever makeries in this delightful post, lovely Jann. I have had the best time poring over every lady's creation....there is so much to delight the eye!

Summer said...

I am in love with the cardboard houses♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Salmagundi said...

Such creativity in your groups!!! I'm envious, as I don't have a crafty gene -- I can sew, but that is about all. Cute stuff all over your house this time of the year. Sally

Jeanie said...

How fun to have TWO craft groups! I love every single project -- tons of work in there and all of it very good indeed! Love this post!

Sandi Magle said...

Very cute and quite unique, love the idea of making houses instead of the ceramic ones. We seem to have a glut of seasonal ceramic houses landing in our thrift stores here. So, made at home sounds like a great idea. I will have to try this with the grand in a year or two. Fun stuff....! Sandi

happyone said...

You've been busy.
Cute crafts.

Tea in the Library said...

Oooh look at those houses all lined up and glittered! What fun!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very fun and SO creative!! Love the boxes the most!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Adorable Holloween crafts. You are so fortunate to be a part of two crafting groups.

Linda W. said...

Oh such wonderful crafts! You and your friends are so creative.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Those are some fun - sorry, spooky - crafts and I love the way you styled your table at the end of the post.

Unknown said...

Cute crafts! Crafting groups sounds like lots of fun!!

Joy Junktion said...

So cute Jann! I wish I knew of some ladies who liked to craft, it must be so fun getting together with friends and have fun playing with supplies! Have a blessed week - Cindy xo

cynthia lee designs said...

So Cute!!!!!
~Cindy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
LOVED this post!! So many great projects but those houses really caught my eye!! LOVE them!!
Hugs,
Deb

The Charm of Home said...

How creative. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You girls have such fun!!! I love those glitter houses and would so love to make one, too.

Sarah said...

I think this must be a fun group. Love seeing all the things you creative girls did. Thanks for sharing. The boxes are adorable and so are the houses.

Katie Mansfield said...

I bet that was a big job getting all those glittered but how fun. A craft night would just be tons of fun. These finished creations are amazing.

Instagram