Going Galvanized out on My Fall Porch

Hello my friends, my advice to you today is:
Don't kick the bucket. . .plant it!!  :)
Ha, ha, aren't I just so funny? 
I have always loved anything galvanized so this year I decided to embrace my love and go 'all galvanized' out on my fall porch.


I rolled my chippy filing cabinet out and plopped a couple of pumpkins on top.  Then I tucked a mum, (a gift from a friend) into one of the drawers. 


Sticking with my 'galvanized' theme I hung an old bucket that has a hook on the back off of another drawer.  I think it must be for picking fruit.  It hangs perfectly over the step of a ladder.  Isn't the orange stripe perfect for fall?
 
* just a little update:  an anonymous comment let me know that my bucket was probably for feeding calves and would have hung over a fence.  They wondered what the words on the front said.  After further inspection I saw that is says, "calfeteria".  the word calf should have been a dead give away.  lol!  Can you believe I have had this bucket for 3 years and never noticed that before? 



I bought this aqua pulley while vacationing in OR.  I just fell in love with the color.  Hubby hung it from the porch and we added an old minnow and 'galvanized' coal bucket.


They are planted with a mum and sedums.


I bought this, (what I thought to be) an oil can a while ago.  Recently I found out from my friend, Joyce; that it is a cream separator.  I filled it with roadside and garden foliage and planned on setting it on my fireplace hearth.  It was too large so it ended up outside.  Perfect because it is, YUP, you guessed it, "galvanized".


Two wash buckets were filled with ornamental cabbage
and flowers.


Here you can see them both hanging.  Notice the pumpkin on the rusty lamp stand?  Just starting to give him a 'steampunk' look.

I filled a wash tub with pumpkins and a gourd.  My friend, Shirley just gave me the stitchery that she said, "didn't match her style", and I set it inside.


Cornstalks and two of my old leaf rakes are tucked behind.



My urns were still doing well so I left them on the porch.  Darn, too bad they aren't "galvanized".  lol!


My friend, Ann gifted me this galvanized tiered tray a few years ago.  I have so much fun with it, but this is the first time I've used it outside.




Look at these unusual acorns I got from a roadside stand.  Never seen caps like this before.




To carry the 'galvanized' theme into the garden I filled my chippy ladder with pumpkins and added a large planted 'galvanized' bucket at the base. 


And there you have it, My 'galvanized' fall porch.

hugs,
Jann
 
This post was featured at Bella Rosa Antiques Let's Talk Vintage
Thanks Jillian!
 
I will be sharing with these lovely parties:


31 comments

Susie said...

Jann, I love it !! So many unusual things too. The creamer is great. I also love the ladder. It is certainly looking fall like there. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

camp and cottage living said...

The porch looks fabulous, Jann! I'm a big fan of anything galvanised too. All of your pumpkins, gourds, and cornstalks scream "Fall is here"!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

So inviting and charming. Happy fall!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

So many interesting items to see. Fun to see your galvanized gathering. The pumpkins and squash gathered in the galvanized tub with the little stitchery picture is cute. It all says Autumn to me.

Bernideen said...

Jan:
That looks darling! Great job!

quakerhillfarm said...

Everything looks so cute! Love the buckets on the pulley especially! Have a great week.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Jann, wow that porch is AMAZING!!! DROOLING over here!!! xoxoxo

vivian said...

YOur porch looks great! I love the pully and the chippy file cabinet.. well, and everything else as well! lol!
And dont you just love the colors of the fancy pumpkins? I just bought a bunch of them over the weekend myself!
have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Kim said...

I promise not to kick the bucket......well at least not until I have read your post. Oh how fantastic your porch looks. How do you keep coming up with your gorgeous displays. I bow down to you, oh clever lady. =)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wonderful use of galvanized, Jann! Your displays are always so motivating... thanks so much for sharing this one with us. Think I'm going to get my box of FALL out... (it takes me awhile!)

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE it all, the rolling file cabinet, the ladder, the galvanized containers, so so fun!!

Cindy Lou said...

Love it! Great job! Love the pulley idea !

Creations By Cindy said...

I too Jann love galvanized. Wish I had more! Love how you have so many different neat things galvanized in your decor. Just LOVE IT ALL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rose L said...

Love how you used the pullet! You are always so creative.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It all looks very cute. It must be nice for your friends and family to have such a lovely scene when they come to visit.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

loving all the galvanized pots on the porch. your wonderful display puts a shine to fall.

Sandi Magle said...

Jann, you had so much fun doing this porch. Totally giving us that down-home, outdoor feel of generations of great treasures holding Nature's bounty. Just such a smile your porch gave me, grins, Sandi

GranthamLynn said...

What a wonderful porch. I love all the rust! You put together a great collection.
I'd love for you to come over and link at The Fabulous Fall Party!
Come over and party at my house. Over here:
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fall-party-link-up-4.html
Happy Fall!

mary scott said...

Thanks for these delightful photos! Fall is the best season I think. You have acorns from bur oak trees. I have a collection in a McCoy planter in fall.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What adorable autumn vignettes, Jann! The filing cabinet is so clever!

Anonymous said...

I believe the first bucket with the stripe and round hole in it might be for feeding calves, the hook would be for hanging it over the fence, and a nipple would be attached to the hole. What is the word that is on it? I couldn't quite tell what it said, it looked like cafeteria?

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jann

Love your front doors! Beautiful way to welcome the Fall Season!
Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
LOVE the look of your beautiful Fall porch and yard!! The galvanized buckets are so pretty!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
HUgs,
Debbie

cloches and lavender said...

Jann this is adorable and I LOVE the pulley you picked up on a trip. All the galvanized looks great.

Cindy

GranthamLynn said...

Hi. I just wanted to let you know the new linky for the Fall Party is up.
This party is for Link Your Parties too.
I'd for you to come and link your Fall posts and Share Your Cup.
Let's party!

Jeanie said...

This looks fabulous! Makes me feel all ready for fall. And I love the calfateria -- that's perfect!

Audrey said...

Most interesting and so enjoyable to visit. Love the file cabinet out there.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love it all! You can never have enough galvanized décor around, I say. I love it with natural elements in it.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What a neat look for Fall, Jann! I gave your porch a feature today for Let's Talk Vintage! Thanks so much for taking part.
ENjoy your week! ~Jill

Diana said...

I went a little galvanized myself out on my deck, Jann, and I love it. I especially like your galvanized tub with the pumpkins and squash "pouring" out. Thanks for linking up with Vintage Charm :)

Julie Hamilton said...

I never imagined I would fall in love with a chippy filing cabinet. . . but I have! I've enjoyed investigating your blog tonight!

Instagram