Primitive Style Mantle

Hello my friends,
I know that shabby chic is all the rage, and I do love it;
After all, my living room mantle is decorated like that.

 But every now and then I like a bit of
 
Primitive Style
 
and so does cute Hannah.
 

 
Yup, this is Hannah.  She's ever so glad that I still like a bit of  'prim', otherwise she would not get to come out and play.
 
 
 I swear I saw her smile when I plopped her atop my mantle next to some giant acorns.


And every now and then I capture her glancing over at the primitive stitching I made quite a few years ago.  I'm sure she is adoring the colorful fall leaves.


Look closely and you can see that they are just tiny pieces of fabric.


An old enamel coffee pot and sunflowers just say 'primitive fall'
to me.

 
Of course I needed a garland.  I love the simplistic look of these sunflower centers I strung on to linen thread!
 



A few cozy quilts for cuddling on crisp fall evenings,

 
a plaid pumpkin, and a lantern with a sunflower tucked inside.

 
 
 

 
and my mantle and hearth was complete.  So I thought. . .but, as usual a bit of tweaking came in to play.

 
After a friend returned my vintage suitcase stack she had borrowed for a dinner and scoring a Pendleton plaid throw at a thrift shop I switched the lantern out for this.
 
 
And then one last bit of tweaking.
  
 
Simply plopping a pumpkin on top.  :)
 
So there you have it, my 'prim' and proper fall mantle.  Well, I don't know how proper it is, but it's definitely 'prim'.  (wink)
 
How about you, do you like primitive style?
 
happy fall,
Jann
 


I will be sharing with these fun parties:
Vintage Charm
 Thoughts of Home
Party in Your P.J's
 

24 comments

Kim said...

Love it, Jann. Love it...

Susie said...

Jann, I love the way you have decorated the mantle. The little stitched art is wonderful. I also like that red of the enamel coffee pot alongside the sunflowers.. Hoping your weekend is filled with fun. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Pat said...

Jann,
I do love Primitive Style, dear friend!
In our "dream home" on the other side of the Prairie,
I styled quite a lot of Primitive decor.
My design style has reverted back to my Traditional roots today.
Sunflowers are my favorite flower e v e r!
I adore the garland of Sunflower heads!
Hannah looks adorable on your'prim' and proper fall mantle!
Fondly,
Pat

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Love the mantel! And annah is so lovely!! Thanks so much for all your visits!
Hugs,
Debbie

camp and cottage living said...

I like so many styles, Jann. I think fall is the best season to show off your primitives. It looks great!

Joy Junktion said...

Love you prim and proper fall mantle, Jann! Nothing wrong with bringing Hannah out and enjoying some happy and comforting moments, especially in the fall Blessings, Cindy xo

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Fall prim mantle!!
~Cindy

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Hey Jan! I think primitives go well with just about any style. Stringing sunflower middles, what a cute idea. I love the red Pendleton blanket. I've been looking for a red throw and this one is perfect. Wish me luck finding one like yours.

quakerhillfarm said...

Jann, this looks so cozy! That is the greatest thing about decor, you can make it uniquely you! Enjoy your weekend.

Nancy's Notes said...

Your decor is absolutely prim and proper! Love it and Hannah is just precious!

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Jann, of all your mantels this one is my favorite.

Jeanie said...

Between your beautiful post and today's rain, I think I might finally be motivated to pull out some fall and do my mantle. The post is actually the motivator, the rain the enabler! It is so lovely!

Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes said...

Just lovely, Jann! Your primitive stitched piece is so sweet. The past few years, I have fallen in love with primitive finds. If I were to start all over again, I think everything would be primitive here! I was planning to decorate for Autumn tomorrow, but you have inspired me to do it today!! Big hugs! ♡

happyone said...

Everything is so nice. You have a lovely, warm, cozy looking home.

Connie said...

Love your mantel. Primitive style just goes with the season, doesn't it? It brings with it a warmth and coziest that calls for putting on a sweater and getting cozy by a warm fire.
Enjoy the new season :)
Connie

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Jann,
Love all your primitive decor. I had primitive in our first home when we were married and loved it. Now with my love of white and cottage I gave all my prima to my daughter that loves that style. Love Hannah she is just adorable.
Kris

Kim said...

How lovely Hannah could come out and play; she is much too sweet to be hiding away. LoVe your prim and proper mantle and I must say your primitive stitching, Jann, is a 'picture'! =) Oh I think everyone should have a little primitive loveliness in their home somewhere! It is always with a happy heart I feel, after I have visited your lovely place!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I like just a little bit of prim style, like you have put together! It is cozy and sweet without being "dark" which prim can be sometimes. I love the sunflower center banner....ingenious!

MyDIY said...

you have a great style, Jann!
many greetings
Uwe

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hello Jann, I love your pretty mantle and Happy Fall!!
Julie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Primitive style is something I always find attractive and you've done it beautifully.

My thrift store addiction said...

It's just too cute, Jann! The suitcases and that garland are the best!Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

Sandi Magle said...

Ha, don't call that primitive, call it Granny Country...cause that is what it looks like to me. Whimsy and lived in, like Granny's cottage should be. Natural and unpretentious...great traits we should all heed occasionally when we are combing the stores for the next, "IN" doodad. Hardest part of blogging is staying true to yourself instead of worrying about what is, "IN".

In my book your post will always be IN, while the next sparkly, burlap- thingy will be out of style next week! Sandi

Summer said...

Your styling is just sooo cute! Nice fireplace ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Instagram