Easter Mantles

Easter day is drawing near so I thought I would share with you my Easter mantles.  The first one is really a shelf, but gives the same effect.

My mantles are one of the first things I decorate for the holidays.  It’s always fun and I just love looking up and seeing something cheerful.

In the living room I have a shelf made from half of an old door and three vintage corbels.  Hubby built it for me and I love it!  Notice the reflection of my entry in the mirror.  Yes, the sky is still falling. lol!

IMG_0284

Bunnies and chicks are scattered throughout.  My velvet bunny sits on a mercury glass plate stand while a paper mache egg and furry chick rest below.  A chick riding bunny and a silver egg hide inside a cloche.  The little duck candy box is so old.  I think it’s ever so sweet.  Another little chick sits upon a book.  I love using old books for elevation in my vignettes. And a faux chocolate rabbit and paper goodie basket complete the scene.

L.R. Mantle

I found this spooner at a thrift store.  The inside was lined with copper.  A little bottle with an Easter scene sits atop a piece of old china.

IMG_0292

This fun hatbox covered with coffee filters was made by my hair dresser and friend, Shalana.  Here’s a better picture of the corbels.  I love them!  Originally I bought them to put on my kitchen island.  Hubby wasn’t keen about that idea so he gladly used them on this shelf.

IMG_0285

IMG_0293

The family room mantle. . . You know me, no vignette would be complete without a bit of vintage.  My turquoise window was found when I went on a picking adventure with friends.  We got to pick an old barn.

IMG_0273

A bunny box, (again, an old book for elevation), a plate I won at bunko, and a thrifted mini wheelbarrow holding a carrot.  The wreath I bought from Décor Steals.  Oh that Décor Steals can get you in trouble. Hee-hee!  I added pale lavender and pink ribbons and a birdcage tag I made.  An old frog holds an Easter postcard.

F.R. Mantle

The two finials I bought for half price at Hobby Lobby.  I loved the aqua and pale green color.  Can I just say that I thought the half price was about what normal price should have been.  Does anyone besides me think their regular prices are way high?  Chicken little is still pecking for seeds.

IMG_0275

Kind of hard to see, but inside the stitched cage is a white wool bird.

IMG_0279

Here’s what’s hanging out on the hearth. I love my old bottles filled with Spring flowers.   I got the large bunny for $5 because one foot was broke off.  I knew with a little hot glue she’d be good as new.

IMG_0281

My darling spoolie swap box.

IMG_0282

IMG_0283

Hard to believe that soon I will have another mantle to decorate.  My basement fireplace is finished and I am loving it.  I finally have a white mantle! They are painting the walls today.  Can’t wait to start sharing the fun!

I hope Easter has hopped into your home.  It’s a nice welcome for Spring.

hugs,

Jann

I am sharing with:

The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Penny's Treasures

Power of Pinterest Party

Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

29 comments

Unknown said...

What beautiful spring vignettes-hopefully soon the outdoors will look as springish as your indoors.
Have a good weekend.

Irene Helms Designs said...

All such beautiful mantles. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Irene

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful mantle. I love all the touches and I noticed the wool bird.

Cynthia

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

So Cute!! I love Easter and all the decorations.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Unknown said...

Such beautiful mantels and decorations! I love the spooner too!! Have a wonderful weekend!
~~Angela

Bernideen said...

So cute Jan - you did REALLY GOOD!

Gayle said...

I LOVE your faux mantle - what a great piece!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the shelf and mirror...so pretty!!
Love all your Easter decor too! Looks like Spring has arrived at your home...everything is so cute!!
Inside my house it looks like Spring, but we are going to get a snow storm on Sunday. I just keep hoping they are wrong.
Have a great weekend.
~Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Just lovely, Jann!
My favorite is the blue box with the flowers! Sure looks like spring at your house!
Easter Hugs,
Dru

Sarah said...

Jan, your mantels are charming. I'm just today beginning pull out some Easter things. A little behind this year! '-)

Nancy said...

Very pretty mantles, Jann. Spring and Easter have definitely arrived at your home. Those finials are really cool. Like those a lot.

Babs said...

OH, you are ready for Easter! So many cute ideas! Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great weekend,
Babs

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Lovely soft colored hues to bring the tones of spring indoors! What fun! Thanks so much for stopping by and making my day!

Enjoy the weekend!

Audrey said...

hi Jann ... well, your have inspired me to get some Spring decorating done.
Your mantels and shelf are just lovely. I especially love the Corbels and the mirror.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your Spring mantel...Just cannot believe that Easter is just a week away...where did the time go?...I love, love your spooner!!...and can't wait to see your new mantel in the basement!

Anonymous said...

I love the corbels! Your spring mantels look wonderful...that mirror is a prize!

NanaDiana said...

Everything looks just beautiful! It certainly looks like Spring AND Easter at your house. Can't wait to see your new white mantle- xo Diana

Micupoftea said...

It must be a delight for family and friends to stop by- so festive! You always add such nice touches to your home :)
Shawn

Jenni Coberly said...

Such fun!! Your home looks amazing as usual!! I love to look and find inspiration.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your mantels are so happy. I love the fanials and how they add verticality and interest.

Mecky said...

It all looks amazing! You did a great job.

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. That was so kind of you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Winnie said...

Lovely and beautiful!
I wish you a very happy holiday :)

Unknown said...

Your mantel looks wonderful.
I can't believe it is almost Spring and they're predicting snow tonight here in Southern IL.
Crazy!
Warmer temps have to come soon, right.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Hugs
Tam

lynn cockrell said...

Jann, all of your Easter decor is so pretty. It is hard to believe it is Easter time again. It is a wonderful time of year. A time to refresh.

Anonymous said...

I love every single detail. I am taking this week off from blogging, but will definitely stop by first thing next week to enjoy a longer visit with you and browse through all your pretties. I am a huge fan of banners so I absolutely LOVE each of these.
I also stopped by to let you know that you are the guest chosen to receive a set of the Peter Rabbit tags. :) Congratulations. Please let me know how many you would like for your table and I will try to have them out for you tomorrow so that you receive them before Easter. Simply visit my page and click on CONTACT under my header for your forwarding info.
Happy Easter!!
XOXO's

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such creative decor ~ so talented ~ I love the ambiance you create ~ Wonderful! ~ Enjoy ^_^

ornate splendor said...

What a festive Easter! Your vignettes are beautiful. Love the vintage touches. You are so lucky to go to a barn sale! Any time I see a sign for "barn sale" - I'm there! Happy Easter, Catherine

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful mantle and pretty vignette. Happy Easter and have a great week!

Kathy said...

Your mantel and shelf look marvelous - love the shelf made from part of an old door - very clever - your Easter decor is so sweet and whimsical! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Instagram