Irish Eyes are Smilin!

Top of the morning to you my friends!  Today is St. Patty’s Day and we’ll all be ‘wearin the green’.  Although there’s no Irish in our blood we can’t help but celebrate.

Thoughts of Ireland, Leprechauns, gold coins, and luck are just a few of the things that make it such a fun holiday.

Not to mention the pinching thing of those not wearin the green.

The kids will be coming and we’ll all be eating a ‘wee bit of green’.

Our meal will be late in the day so I thought I’d share some of last years feast.

IMG_5898

One of our favorite side dishes is Green Rice.  It’s easy, cheezy and oh so yummy.  I’ll share the recipe at the end of this post.

What would St. Patty’s Day be without a bit of fried cabbage?  We like to mix it up a little each year.  This year my daughter, Karrah is going to make the  Colcannon recipe that was shared on SYC #48.

IMG_5896

Last year she made these cute little pots of gold.

IMG_5895

Corned Beef is a tasty meat that we only have once a year.  Strawberry Spinach salad is another family fav.

IMG_5894

Some green rolls and grass planted in a green & white glass bake casserole.

IMG_5897:

Wishing you all the ‘luck’ of the Irish throughout the year!

Green Rice:

4 c. cooked rice                 3/4 c. chopped onion

8 oz. jar Cheez Whiz          3/4 c. chopped celery

1 stick butter (or marg.)      2 pkgs. frozen broccoli cuts

2 cans cr. of mushroom soup (any cream soup is fine)

Cook rice and add Cheez Whiz.  Saute onions and celery in butter.  Cook broccoli and drain.  Combine all ingredients.  Stir well.  Bake in greased casserole at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

Jann

11 comments

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Happy St Patricks Day!
I have never seen green rolls before!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It looks yummy and the pot of gold are so funny!

NanaDiana said...

We're on the same page, Jann. I have made that green rice for years...but...even being born/raised Irish I just can't stomach corned beef. I'm a disgrace to my family!;<( Hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

Christina Paul said...

Love the green rolls!
What a delightful St. Patrick's feast!

Bernideen said...

Well planned and very fun - enjoy your day!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Jann! Missed you at Country Whites Weekend! Have a great Sunday,
Spring Blessings!
Dru

21 Wits said...

I was excited the first minute I saw our local grocer put out the fresh loaves of green bread! The tiny part of my Irish-ness is smiling too!

Unknown said...

Your meal looks yummy! I love the rice recipe! Have a wonderful St. Patty's Day!!

Winnie said...

Everything looks great !
I wish you a very Happy St.Patrick's Day, Jann

Chenille Cottage said...

Hello, dearie!
What a colorful spread you've whipped up for your sweet hubby. I love the green dinner rolls.
You have a gifted set of hands, Jann! Between baking up your pretty green rolls and your incredible gardener's green thumb...I have to confess that I am green with envy!
Have a spectacular week, Jann!
Bunny Hugzzzz,
Carolynn xoxo

miss flibbertigibbet said...

It all looks wonderful! The green rolls are acute idea! I didn't do ONE thing and I AM (part) Irish! LOL hope you had a wonderful day!

Instagram