Farm Country. . .

Three of our five children were going to be out of town for Easter.  So when hubby mentioned the two of us ‘gettin out of Dodge’ for a weekend get away I agreed.

We debated about heading South to Zion or North to Lava Hot Springs, ID.  Knowing that Zion would be much more crowded, Lava won out.  Besides, a soak in the hot springs is just what the doctor ordered after a long winter.

Now if you’ve never been to Idaho and you love old, rustic, and funky junk you are missing out!

Here’s some of the wonderful old homes and outbuildings we saw.

farm houses

These were all  taken in the town of Chesterfield.  It’s an old ghost town (turned tourist attraction) settled by the Mormon pioneers.  This time of year it really felt like a ghost town.  They do tours May-Sept.

Hubby found it on the internet and thought it would be a place where I could shop for antiques.  Nada, but not to worry.  I found plenty of goodies in Pocatello.

Here’s some of what I would have liked to have brought home with me.

I love this giant windmill and look at all the treasures that could be found on that piece of farm equipment.  So many fun things could be made out of all that funky junk!  Love, love the mustard colored gas pump.  It would fit right in my soon to be craft room. lol!  And I love any kind of gate, but notice the metal wheel hanging on it?  Love it too!

equipment

Soon I’ll share my finds with you but till then I’ll leave you with a few more pics.

Here’s my angler hubby dreaming of fishing on the Portneuf River.

IMG_0385

I snapped this pic of him climbing over the fence.

IMG_0392

And here’s why you don’t ask your hubby to hold the camera for you while you climb over. lol!

IMG_0390

And you can’t do a farm country post with out farm animals. . .

IMG_0379

or a beautiful farm nestled below the mountains.

IMG_0382

This goat sitting on the dog house made me laugh.

IMG_0425

hugs, (from down on the farm)

hope you’ll come back and see my farm country finds!

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Farm Girl Friday

Old Time Farmhouse for Old Time Party

 

23 comments

eileeninmd said...

I love the shot with the mountains and the cute farm animals. Wonderful shots from your weekend away. Have a great week ahead.

Irene Helms Designs said...

What a beautiful scenic area! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Irene

Jill said...

So beautiful!

A Garden of Threads said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time on the farm trip. I have seen sheep in bus stop enclosures, so a goat on the dog house fits in.

Bernideen said...

Nice fence climb!! Cute photos!

Old Time Cindy said...

That looks like my type of trip. Can't wait to see your finds.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the photo of the windmill and the farm with the mountains behind.
And the one of you climbing over the fence is too cute. ;0)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics! I miss "God's" country! I'm originally from Oregon....live in Texas now. BIG difference! LOL!! Can't wait to see your finds!!~~Angela

Unknown said...

What a fun relaxing weekend you had-love all the countryside and critter pictures.
Have a good week.

Di said...

The mountain picture is beautiful. What a great way to spend Easter. Thank you for showing us....even the over the fence shots!

Robyn said...

Beautiful area's and photos. I love all those old homes and outbuildings. Im a rustic kind of country gal myself so it's right up my alley an I LOVE that windmill!

Cynthia said...

Fantastic pictures and glad you had time for yourselves. The homes are great. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a wonderful Easter weekend! Beautiful country over your way! Sometimes the best vacations are the ones where you just get in the car and GO!
Hugs,
Dru

cynthia lee designs said...

Beautiful mountains!! How fun to get away for the Easter weekend. Can't wait to see your finds!
hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful scenery and interesting buildings, Jan. I love the mosaic of the old brick buildings. It looks like a fun day.

Rose L said...

It is always fun to escape for a while. And going fishing sounds so great! I always enjoyed fishing.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Lovely tour / great shots! I love the white finds too ..I was reading post backwards :)

Chenille Cottage said...

Hello, my sweet friend!
I think I was born in the wrong era. My gramma always told stories of her Mama's childhood trip to the Oregon Territory in the 1800s. Whenever I see an old farmhouse my mind wanders to times past. Thanks for sharing, Jann.

Oh...How I love your darling precious Moments dollies, little books and the sweet figurine. There's a special place being prepared for them in my cottage guest room. Thank you so much. Yesterday, I kept my grandbaby entertained with the sweet quilter. He loved the music and motion. I am looking forward to posting photos when things settle down after Chandler and his Mommy head home...and, after another trip to the valley to help with my aging Mom.

Blessings and so many thanks, my darling friend.
Carolynn xoxo

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Such beautiful scenery! I love all the old houses and buildings you found. Looks like you had a good time!

Visiting from the Old Time Party :)

Old Time Cindy said...

Thank you kindly for boot scootin’ on over to the Old Time Party!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Marigene said...

One of my best friends was born in Lava Hot Springs many, many years ago!

Anonymous said...

http://nice2dae.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-farm-frenzy.html

Unknown said...

Found your feature at Old Time Farmhouse. I was cracking up at the picture of you crossing the fence! That would so happen to me! I am joining up today! Have a good one!

Instagram