Sensational Spoolie Swap!

It all started one day when I was responding to a comment left on one of my blog posts.  Afterwards I hopped over for a visit.

It  was a blog that I have visited before and love it.  Suddenly my eyes spied this on her side bar.

Easter-Swap-signCutout-copy

After clicking on the link (521 Lake Street) I was hooked.

I had never heard of a spoolie, but oh how cute!  I was so busy at the time that I almost resisted.  But, no it was not to be.  I had to join in!

Making spoolies is addicting and I had so much fun!  My swap partner was Laurie from Laurie Stamps.  She is so talented and wait till you see what she sent me.  But first I will show you what I made for her.

I started with a couple of small spoolies.  One wrapped with bakers twine and the other with vintage lace.  I added a few little vintage items from my stash and bits and pieces of moss, berries, pearls, and flowers.

IMG_0226

Then I thought it would be fun to make a jumbo spoolie.  I had bought this large spool of turquoise twine at Christmas.  I added a furry vintage chick and some lavender & yellow blossoms.  An old piece of handmade lace and a music banner.

IMG_0225

It’s easier to tell how big it is in this pic.  Now that’s one big spoolie. lol!

IMG_0224

This picture shows them tucked in her egg box.

IMG_0229

Now Laurie is such a fantastic artist.  Look at what she sent me.  Is this fabulous or what?  Love the scene and how she put it in a little box!  Sweet, sweet, sweet!

IMG_0251

And my gift box, oh my!  Love, love that glitter!!!

IMG_0254

She also sent me some fun little treasures and a darling card.  I have to tell you how much I adore the little chicks.  When we were young we always got at least one fuzzy chick like this in our Easter basket.  How did she know? Hee-hee.

IMG_0253

Thanks so much Laurie, I love my gifts!  And thank you Sandy for puttting this swap together!

hugs,

Jann

Sharing with:

The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday

18 comments

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Now isn't that the most interesting crafting!?

I have never heard of "spoolies" before this post, Jann.

You both really and truly outdid yourselves, too. Wow- such love and friendship went into it, sure can tell!

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...I just love seeing all the pretty and creative spoolies. Yours are amazing and how I love your great big spoolie with the luscious turquoise twine.

What a beautiful oval box to hide your surprise in, Jann. You must have squeeled when you opened it. I love the sparkle...all the vintage touches.

You were both on the same page as you fashioned each others Giveaway gifts.

Thanks for sharing, my sweet friend.
Hugzzzzz,
Carolynn

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You did soooo great! They're beautiful! This was such a fun swap. :)
Happy Easter,
Erica

Laurie Olivas said...

Jann,
I was paired with a perfect partner! Thanks so much! this was so much fun!
Laurie

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Very cute. I like the spoolie idea.

Susie said...

Jan, When I first read "spoolie" I was thinking yo-yo. :):) I love what you made, so cute. xoxo,Susie

Jill said...

Everything in this post is beautiful!

The spoolie swap was so much fun-eveyone has been so enthusiastic about it!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Jann, Love the spoolies you made & the one you received! I had never heard of a spoolie until this swap either. So glad I signed up too, as it was great fun! I love seeing all the creative spoolies everyone made!

Wow~ all your goodies from Laurie are great, even egg white soap, LOL!

lynn cockrell said...

How totally charming! There is something so endlessly charming about little chicks and bunnies. You have done a wonderful job creating these special spoolies.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Oh Jann! I love your spoolies and your partners! I've posted mine too - what a lot of fun that was, huh?! And I think a lot of spoolie addicts have been born. ;)

Happy week to you!

Jonell w Harrison said...

This is one of the most delightful ideas I have run across in ages..where have I been to NOT hv seen these or thought of it. [I have old old wonnerful wooden spools in jars]
Thank you for sharing..hope you will remind us of this the months to come.

Jonell

Cynthia said...

I never heard of spoolie before this post but this is the most darling thing. I love it. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cynthia

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Looks like you both did a wonderful and pretty job! What fun it must have been!
Blessings,
Susie

Connie Nelson said...

I have never heard of that either but hey are so cute! I want to make one now :)

Anonymous said...

The Spoolie Swap has been so much fun! I love, love, love your spoolies. And, all your treats.

cynthia lee designs said...

Great spoolies!! What a fun swap to do.
hugs,
Cindy

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Never heard of these but oh my how pretty and creative! :)

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Jann!
Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog.
What wonderful things you made for each other! Love love love your spoolies and all the darling goodies. We need to get Laurie to blog more!

What fun this has been!

Happy early Easter!

Instagram