The Sky is Falling!!!

Today my friends I am taking you back to your childhood.  Remember the story of ‘Chicken Little’?

IMG_0143

Chicken Little was in the woods standing under a tree.  An acorn fell on her head and it frightened her so much that she trembled all over. She shook so hard that half her feathers fell out.

“Help! Help!  The sky is falling!  I have to go tell the king!

Along the way she encounters:

Henny Penney, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey, and the villian Foxy Loxy.

Don’t you love those names?

The other day as I walked into my entry I couldn’t help but wonder what Chicken Little might think if she visited my home.

IMG_0137

Surely she might wonder if the sky was falling or maybe just if it was raining eggs.

This old window frame is always so fun to decorate for the holidays.  Even though it does require me getting high up on a ladder.  Did I mention that I’m a tiny bit afraid of heights?

IMG_0138

Hubby would do it if I asked him, but it takes a bit of balancing to get the frame to hang level.  After a few attempts I’m sure he would suggest, “just taking it down”.  Can’t say as I blame him.

IMG_0139

I found the old honeycomb egg a couple years ago.

IMG_0140

My cute Peter Rabbit mobile was given to me by my oldest sister, Joanne.  She picked them up eons ago at Big Lots.  Back when it was called Pic-n-Save. 

The story of Peter Rabbit was one of my favorite childhood stories.

IMG_0161

I painted these little wooden figures years ago.  A neighbor called me and said that her friend had ordered a set of Peter Rabbit figures for her nursery and that they had cost her over $100.  She went on to say that she loved them and wondered if I’d be able to make something similar.  After seeing them I saw that it would be easy enough and I made a set for her.  I couldn’t pass up making me a set as well.  I think the wood pieces cost me $5 each.

IMG_0162

This watering can with Flopsy, Mospsy, and Cottontail goes with a larger bunny I made.  I broke them up this year for a different look.

I added my collection of Beatrix Potter books to the vignette.

IMG_0232

IMG_0231

IMG_0230

I love the movie, “Miss Potter”.  It tells of the adventures of Beatrix and the lovely ‘Hill Top’.  The scenery is gorgeous!  If you haven’t seen this movie it’s a ‘must see’!

Beatrix was an amazing artist.  I love each and every character she sketched.

Now story time is over and it’s time for recess.  lol!

Have fun in the playground, but be safe; and play nicely!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Spring Thing Party

Spring-Thing-Linky-Party-Button

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

16 comments

Christina Paul said...

What fun! wow did this bring back memories- I was lucky Ducky in our 1st grade school play about 100 years ago- haha- and your Beatrix Potter animals are delightful! My nephew is having a Peter Rabbit birthday so i may steal some of your ideas :)

21 Wits said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Easter Bunny time, very festive indeed!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Such a cute idea! Easter isn't far away!

poppilinnstudios said...

All my favorites too, Jann! Love your cute Easter decor. Have a good weekend!
-Lynn

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

How completely adorable.

I DO think your sky is "falling!"

Clever idea, Jann.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love your painted rabbits, Jann! I had a cottage painting business for over 10 years and painted similar things myself. I got so burned out that I couldn't touch a paintbrush for years! You were smart to hang onto your rabbits. I wish I had kept some of mine!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love Beatrix Potter, I have her book on a shelf in my bedroom now! Those wooden figures are gorgeous! What a talent you have!

Carol

Stephanie said...

What a delightful post, Jann! I love your window frame - such a clever idea :)

Have a blessed weekend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

sweetbriardreams said...

You know what, I have never, ever done an Easter scene, mantle, entry...ever! This year will be different as I have been inspired by so many. Your entry way is fantastic with the eggs from the frame. Brilliant! Take care. Chel x

Unknown said...

How fun! Your entry is great! Thanks for the memories!~~Angela

Cynthia said...

Great odt Jann, I love all your rabbits. Adorable.

Cynthia

Rose L said...

You did a great job of painting the rabbits! You could sell them!

The French Hutch said...

Beatrix Potter and her characters I can't get enough of. I love your chandelier all ready for spring and Easter. I have the boxed set of books and a collection of music boxes and figurines. Thanks for reminding me It's time to get them down from storage. Love your vignettes with the wood characters. It takes me back...........
Happy Spring,

~Emily
The French Hutch

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Oh I loved Peter Rabbit stories. Bought the books for my boys when they were little. Bought them for the grands and they took them home. Ha ha I should just buy a set for ME :) I loved the movie about Beatrix. I think I have watched that at least 3x or more! Your stuff is so darn cute! :)

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,

Read this to my grandson last night!! Love these little stories, always bring back wonderful memories! Sweet post!
Hugs!
Jemma

Chenille Cottage said...

"Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail,
Hoppin Down The Bunny Trail...."

Oh...What an adorable wee bunch of bunnies live at your house, Jann! I love the little trio that you tole painted for you and your friend. Your painting is perfection. I love Beatrix Potter.
What a darling series of children's stories. My son, Matthew, gave me my first set when he was in high school. I treasure them.
Have a wonderful week, my dear friend.
Smiles,
Carolynn xoxo

Instagram