S.U.M.M.E.R.

Well my friends, summer is upon us.   I thought I would share some things that come to mind when I think of summer.

S.

Of course the S stands for Sunshine and Swimming.  Both things we associate with summer, but how about SHASTA DAISY?  Mine are in full bloom right now.

IMG_1657

U.

For those hot days of sunshine we take comfort under our UMBRELLA.

IMG_1656

M.

Nothing says summer quite like a sweet slice of MELON

IMG_1648

M.

And like it or not, it also brings out those MENACING ANTS.

IMG_1617

E.

There’s nothing more enjoyable than EATING a delicious meal outdoors. (Dolly set this spread out for us when we went to visit her)

IMG_1626

R.

I always think of reunions in the summer time, but also one of my favorite things to do is to RELAX in my own back yard!

IMG_1654

We made the fun watermelon slices and ants when my sister, Jeanne and I visited our sister, Julie in Ferron a couple of weeks ago.  Her hubby cut the wedges out of logs with a chain saw.  Our friend, Dolly drilled the golf balls for us and we created this colony of ants.

IMG_1616

Doesn’t that picture make you think of the song, “The Ants Go Marching One,  by One?”

You can bet we sang it while we worked!

hugs,

Jann

p.s. I want to thank these sweet ladies for featuring me this past week.  I am late at mentioning a couple and I really do appreciate the feature!

The Ladies from the Scoop for my Farmhouse Glam Kitchen post.

Debra from Common Ground for my Harvesting Post

Laura from Sunday View for my Hangin Out Under the Stairs post

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesdays

Common Ground for Be Inspired

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Fishtail Cottage for cottage Garden Party

The Polohouse for Favorites on the First Garden Party

29 comments

Art and Sand said...

Cute little ants - the only kind I would want in my yard.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh what a fun post, Jann! Love love love those watermelon slices and the army of ants...now that just screams summer to me:)I'm also loving the cute picnic baskets and the beautiful aqua crate filled with white daisies! Thanks for the summer inspiration! Hugs,Poppy

Linda W. said...

The watermelon and ants are so cute and creative!

Karie said...

Oh Jann, your cute little ants are adorable. And you know I love melons! Your yard and all the decor is gorgeous. Nothing like summer in Utah! I was planning to go to Flea-Attitude this weekend, and I would be in your neck of the woods, but my plans changed. . having a yard sale instead. Darn! But I plan to be in Payson over Labor Day. Flea-Ology will be having their great market going on, and Payson is my hometown. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I just love hearing from you. Oh, please don't give away any Precious Moments until you have checked with me. . LOL! See you in a couple of days for your Daily Cup. . .Hugs to a sweet Bloggy friend. Karie

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very sweet! So green.

cynthia lee designs said...

The ants and watermelons are so cute.
hugs,
Cindy

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh I love this, those ants are adorable!!

Kris said...

Those watermelon slices and ants are just adorable!!!!
xo Kris

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely, Jann! ~Pernilla

Winnie said...

The watermelons and the ants are very cute!!
I also really like the daisy-photo

Nell at njschout said...

Oh, what fun! I really like those ants. Good thing they are not really that big.

Irene Helms Designs said...

Love the ants and watermelon! You also have a beautiful back yard!
Irene

Tea in the Library said...

This is so fun - put a smile on my face BEFORE coffee !

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute ants and watermelon! Fun post!

Bernideen said...

Very lovely yard!

Jen said...

You have the cutest stuff...
I LOVE your watermelon and ants. What a fun idea~!
(Ferron? I'm from over there originally...)
Hope you have a great rest of the week!
(=

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne at Simply Suzannes at Home

Daisies always make me think of Summer! Your golf ball ants are so cute!
hugs,
Suzanne

Rose L said...

Those ants and melons are so funny! Cute idea! Enjoy your lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!

sweetbriardreams said...

Wow! I thought the melons were made out of foam!! This is an amazing idea and I love the ants (a better use of the golf balls me thinks!). xx

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

LOL I do believe that your ants are the FIRST ants that I have ever loved! :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your salute to summer. Those ants are the cutest with the watermelon slices. What fun. Adorable!
Hugs,
Patti

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I love this post you did of summer and you are so creative making the watermelon and the ants! I just LOVE your talent.
Take care, Julie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Your ants and watermelon are just the cutest, so clever! BUT my favorite in your patio and your rocks! Those rocks are amazing, I can't get over them. We don't have rocks like that where I live, LOL. Gorgeous Jann!

Sarah said...

Your parade of ants and watermelon slices is adorable. I'm impressed that you girls made these!
Your acrostic was fun. I always had my students use an acrostic as a form of poetry. Reunions ~ such fun to get together with family or friends.

Robyn said...

What a cute post! I love the watermelons and ants! Your daisies are beautiful. They're one of my favorite flowers along with Sunflowers :)

Karen said...

Oh my,
I just love your garden ~ so beautiful and what a cute decoration with the ants and watermelons. Thanks so much for sharing.
Take care,
Karen

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Hoorah! Hoorah! The ants go...sorry, but you go me going there. The watermelon and ants are cute. I had a watermelon chunk just like those one time. Your backyard is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a super week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

How cute are those ants and watermelon slices, Jan!
What a fun project with sisters. A memory you all will never forget for sure -- song included!

I love your yard and that boulder retaining wall. Looks like the perfect place to spend a lovely summer afternoon.

Thanks so much for sharing!
So glad you could join us!

xoxoxox
A

Pondside said...

I love the R for Relax in such a pretty spot!

Instagram