Farmhouse (Glam) Kitchen Reveal. . .

Hi my friends.  I’ve been anxious to share my basement farmhouse kitchen with you.  You may have noticed the word (Glam) in parenthesis in the title.

Are you wondering, “What’s that all about?”  Try as I might, I was not able to go with the simplistic style of a farmhouse.  Although I love it, by using what I had I think I have achieved a mixture of both cottage and farmhouse.  One of my blog friends, Fran, from The Bagg lady  described my style as farmhouse glam.  Just a word of warning, lots of pics.

IMG_1519

I filled the kitchen full of things I love and have collected over the years.

I found these cute framed utensils to hang over the outside entry door at Deseret Book.  Would be easy to make.

IMG_1483

I knew that with a lot of glass cabinets that I needed to use mostly white or cream colored items on my open shelving.  Other wise it could get awfully busy.

IMG_1470

I did pretty good, with only a pop of color here and there.

IMG_1475

IMG_1471

I have a love for anything cherry themed.  A lot of it is displayed in this tall seeded glass cupboard.  The other day my hubby asked, “Where are the dishes we can use?”  I told him that they all can be used.  Just cause their on display doesn’t mean they can’t be useful.

IMG_1504

cherry cabinet

I love this shelving over my fridge for showing off some of my vintage pitchers and tartan plaids.

IMG_1510

I made a simple valance for the window and  skirting to cover two of the lower cabinets.  My friend, Amanda gave me the vintage crochet lace to add to the bottom of the curtain.  I love it!

IMG_1478

IMG_1486

household items

A while ago I showed you how I painted my Oak Hoosier White.  She houses more of my collections.

IMG_1497

hoosier shelf

IMG_1496

I found the old green door for the pantry at the antique mall in Springville for $40.  I bought the metal key holes at Star Mill for $4 ea. and painted them white.  Sweet  friends, Amanda gave me the crystal door knob and Joyce the upper window.

IMG_1481

IMG_1482

Assorted cherry artwork.

IMG_1480

The cabinet guy left a huge space for my sink.  It’s a whopping 33 inches.  Everything I envisioned and described to him turned out just as I had imagined. 

IMG_1494

Right down to the the ‘grandma’  knick knack shelving framing the window.

IMG_1490

Debated between stainless steel and white for the appliances.  Stainless won out.  Why?  Because we were going to bring our fridge from upstairs down and buy a new one for up there. Well, it was a little too big and that didn’t happen.

Because there is so much going on I opted to keep the top of my seed keep island empty.  At least for now. lol!  It’s filled with farmhouse essentials.

IMG_1501

The décor on  My $35 Table redo is very simplistic .  I made the runner from an old feed sack and placed this large primitive candle holder on top.

IMG_1513

IMG_1514

Last year I spied these two chairs at a consignment shop for $40 ea.  I loved the cherry fabric on the seat.  They were painted a creamy yellow color.  I liked the color, but they had sealed them with a shiny varnish.  I sanded them and painted them black with homemade chalk paint.

IMG_1512

I have a rustic bench on one side.  Thought I would add mismatched chairs on the other.  Thinking I might look for another style of bench.  Hate to block the view of my seed keep.

IMG_1519

Here’s a couple of wide range views.

IMG_1518

As much as I love everything in this kitchen, I still feel that the bead board ceiling and the barn wood look flooring  are the ‘stars of the show’!

IMG_1517

Can’t wait to hear what you think of my ‘Farmhouse Glam’!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesday

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

 Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rooted  in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

Dwellings for Amaze Me Monday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

The Scoop

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

Knick of Time Tuesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

This post was featured at:

The Charm of Home

The Scoop

And one of the top 3 viewed at:

Common Ground

Thank you ever so much ladies!

49 comments

Linda W. said...

Wow - awesome!

Unknown said...

Ok seriously Jann - this is in your basement????
It's GORGEOUS - omg - I've never seen a basement kitchen this perfect!
Love everything about it - think that's where I'd be eating all my meals:)
Thanks for letting me know about this - what a treat!
Hugs,
Suzan

living from glory to glory said...

Hey Jann, It is just so very cozy and inviting. I can definitely see the (glam) in it. I love the cheery red colors. And the green door is perfect. I am gonna have to PIN some of these cute pictures for my boards. Have a great day!
Blessings, Roxy

chateau chic said...

Jann,
Your kitchen is FABULOUS!!! I'm loving your farmhouse look with all your additional vintage treasures! Definitely farmhouse glam!
Mary Alice

Jeannie Marie said...

My first visit here and I love the room! I have to follow you!

Jen said...

It is PERFECT...
Love the Hoosier~!
(Lucky girl to have one ~ lol)
The kitchen is like walking back in time and that's pure comfort.
I LOVE YOUR FLOORING.
Jen~

Tarnished Royalty said...

Gorgeous redo Jann! You're a lucky girl! ~Ann

Pat said...

Jann,
You have made this Farmhouse Glam kitchen such a "cheery" spot in your home, dear one!!!
I adore your open shelves with the white and touches of red!!! You have a vast collection of cherries which brings amazing personality to the kitchen.
As a child, our kitchen was "The Gathering Place" of our home. After dinner, homework was done around the kitchen table while MoMa read the evening newspaper. Then there was a lesson of "current events", the crossword puzzle and if time allowed, a sneak peek at the fashion page. If I begged...MoMa would read Ann Landers column or from Erma Bombeck!!!
Thanks for sharing your Farmhouse Glam kitchen. . .and for the memories!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my gosh- it's straight out of a magazine, Jann- you did a remarkable job! WOW!!!!!

I am SO HAPPY for you, sweetie! Whoo!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

So much there to love Jann! The ceiling, the island, the cabinets with grandma shelves, the glass doorknob. Wow and of course loads of great vintage accessories! I love the one of a kind feeling. There isn't another kitchen like it. Just yours!

Patti said...

Oh Jann! Everything is just perfect and so homey! I love the bits of red, of course, and the cherries. I would love to breadboard some walls and a ceiling area. Poor hubs, his list is so long. You have created a wonderful kitchen. I just have to keep looking!

Gina said...

It's beautiful, Jann! The red accents & cherry pieces are so pretty & so much fun! I love it!

andrea@townandprairie said...

JANN!! I would never leave! It is BEAUTIFUL! This belongs in a magazine. LOVE your styling on it, too!

Nell at njschout said...

Very nicely done!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love everything about it! Great job!

Micupoftea said...

What fun-- a new kitchen! Love the valance :)

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love your new kitchen! I love the open shelving, and what do you have on the back of your glass-front cabinets?

I think it's more glam than farmhouse, but I also like the farmhouse touches. Your island is so unique! And is your candle holder an antique sugar mold? We have lots of antique and (really old) sugar molds down here in the South, and that's what it reminds me of.

Great job on the kitchen, and your husband gets cuteness points for asking if he can use the dishes behind glass....LOVE the cherry dishes!

xo,
RJ

Mecky said...

Oh Goodness. That is just so perfect! I love it.! You did a wonderful job.

I really like the ceiling, too.
It's funny. I love to restore Hoosiers and the first thing I have done in the past is to strip all the paint off. But yours looks great painted white. It's tempting me to do the same with one of mine, but then I think of all the work and I did, so I guess I won't!

Thank you for sharing!

Bernideen said...

Just amazing Jan - love it all. You did such a great job!

Liz said...

What a wonderful kitchen you have created! I love that friends have contributed to this special room. Awesome! Job well done!

The Charm of Home said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love all of the details. I love the bead board, the counters, and the colors. You did a great job. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my! I am in love!! Would you consider hiring me to clean/cook/garden...whatever you wanted? All I require is to be able to live in such a wonderful place. You've really outdone yourself, Jann. This is wonderful!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Just love your new kitchen! Wow! And to think it is in your basement! I think lower level sounds better! Everything about it is so beautifully done. You will love your farmhouse sink. I have one and love it. Your collection of cherry items fit in so well! I know you will have lots of happy times playing in your new kitchen!
Hugs...Nancy
p.s. Love your new curtain, too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is just such a perfect vintage GLAM kitchen! Love all your special touches. Wonderful job on the redo!

Linda

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh Jann, this is fantastic! You really know how to work the magic, I tell ya. Well done! It's hard to pick a favourite element, but the open shelving flanking the stove would have to be it. I love white dishes.

Sue xo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful...so cozy and inviting! Wish we could visit and have a spot of tea and cake. Lovely. Big hugs,
FABBY

cynthia lee designs said...

Wow...Jan, it turned out beautiful. I love, love, love everything about it!! I see that we have the same light fixture. I just got some colored jars for mine that I can change out for the different seasons.
hugs,
Cindy

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Jann, I really love it! You are so lucky to have a large house to do all of this interior decorating! You have a real talent for it and I just love the cherry theme. I hope you enjoy all your cooking and entertaining in there.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Katie Mansfield said...

I found you through Blissful White Wednesday. I love this! The cherries are adorable. I can't wait to poke around your blog.
Joining today.
Katie
Let's Add Sprinkles

Brenda said...

Love you new kitchen! I would love this look in my house but I think my hubs would kill if I started painting all our oak cabinets.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Wow. This is just perfect. Everything is just right. All the colors, the collections, the granny shelf...so much attention to detail and display...I love it. I'd be down there everyday for awhile and ignore my regular kitchen. LOL this IS a regular kitchen. I thought that you were setting up some small thing for making snacks or maybe a sort of canning kitchen. This is something else! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love it all! The pops of red make the room a happy space. :)

Kadee Willow said...

Holy Cow!! You blew my socks off with this! Love everything and also love at the prices that you bought your items at.. a girl after my own heart! The lighting above the table is a great way to combine urban with farmhouse. Truly makes it "glam" for sure! I have a question... I, too, love old doors but was told that you can't buy them to use as doors must be fitted into the space and it's a big problem. Spoken, perhaps, by a workman who didn't want to make it work! LOL Did you have issues installing your door? Thanks bunches!!

Fran said...

Farmhouse Glam is going to be all the rage from now on, I'm sure. Your kitchen is fabulous! I love the colors, THAT CEILING, your chalk-painted table and chairs. There is no such thing as too many pictures, scrolling through your blog is better than any decorating magazine! :)
--Fran

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I think everything is fabulous. How fun and I adore your island and the red curtains. There is so much that I love, I guess I just really do like it all. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow! this is a basement kitchen? It looks so nice and I love the feel of it! I like the white and the touches of green paint! It has many pretty elements. I have always love Grandma window shelving, too. It is truly beautiful.
Blessings,
Susie

Kathy said...

This is a gorgeous - glamourous kitchen - love the open shelves, that clock! The cute green door with the crystal knob- all beautiful together. Oh, and that sink! perfect! I am so delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

This is fabulous! I love the ceiling and the island! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Every detail is perfect! Love the open shelves! Thanks for sharing at The Scoop!...hugs...Debbie

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Absolutely fabulous, Jann! ~Pernilla

Revi said...

Oh, my stars! Where to begin...so much vintage charm in one place! I love the green door, the seed island, heck, I love it ALL! Nice work, Jann!
-Revi

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

What an adorable kitchen! It's glam and cozy - love it! I would love to do some bead board ceilings in my house to cover up this nasty popcorn yuck we have in some parts now! Is it just you and your husband at home? I think I'd just use the two chairs at the table and have extra seating off somewhere that can be brought in when needed. That way you won't hide your beautiful seed keep! Just a thought. Everything really turned out wonderfully! Hugs, Leena

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O mY!! Jann, this is amazing!! You know that I love all the red and green accents. I also love the sink and countertops and the flooring!!
Beautiful and definitely Glam!

Hugs,
Debbie

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Your kitchen is wonderful !!! It is very homey ... cool clock ... love the bins too. You have seen my kitchen so I think we could both (well maybe just me)agree that the green pitcher belongs with me :) So if you ever want to do a trade LOL :):)
Take Care, Francine

Unknown said...

I just read about your random garden. Thought you would appreciate hearing about my late father's garden...we had two huge pine trees in our front yard. They were always dropping lower limbs. He decided to plant confederate jasmine (we lived in Tallahassee, FL-about 30 miles from the Georgia border). The jasmine soon covered the trunks of the pines..people would stop by to ask what kind of pine tree bloomed with those sweet, sweet smelling white flowers? He always told them it was a very rare variety!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's so cute! One would never know that it is in the basement; it is so bright. Love the red accents.

I like my open shelves. All my everyday dishes are on them.

Missy Shay said...

I love your kitchen! I'm fixing to move and was wanting to do a yellow and white kitchen with pops of cherries everywhere!

Nancy said...

Your farmhouse glam kitchen is so charming, Jann. It must have been so fun to pull this together. My kind of kitchen, for sure. Thanks for sharing at Every Room In The House. Hugs, Nancy

Little Farmstead said...

OK, so I am late seeing this! Remember I haven't been blogging for too long ;) Who gets a basement like this?! It is darling! Now I see what you mean about going farmhouse style in your basement! So fun!!

Instagram