Dinner & a Movie…Theater Room

Hello everyone.  As some of you already know, this week I am showing you our recently finished basement.  Yesterday I started with our farmhouse bath.

Today let’s step inside our theater room.  To be honest, If this room had not been planned as a theater room, (hence, no windows); I probably would not have built one.

But…..let me tell you, we are loving it!

I am not crazy about some of the dark, cold theater rooms that I have seen.  For that reason, I tried to give it a twist. . .A theater room that looks like a small home town restaurant.

When you enter, my vintage pizza sign is the first thing you see.  I had them add a brick wall, using the same indoor brick that they used on our fireplace.  The electricians wired it to light up.  It’s just a soft subtle light showing through the holes.  It can even be left on during a movie.

IMG_1400

In a theater room they recommend going dark with all of the walls.  Not wanting dark, I went with light grey walls and dark grey on the screen wall and ceiling.  Aren’t I a rebel?

IMG_1399

We found this great sectional at R.C. Willey’s.  Three of the chairs recline. 

IMG_1417

Remember me, the girl with a pillow fetish?  Well, every now and then it pays off.  I had all of the pillows except for the two grain sack ones.

IMG_1418

I got the table at a damaged goods store.  Loved it’s rustic look!

IMG_1414

When I saw this cupboard at Star Mill Antiques a year or so ago I knew it would be a fun treat station.  I have used it out on my porch from time to time.  My SIL got the antique film reels for me when Fuddruckers closed down.  The gumball machine was my oldest daughters when she was young.  I haven’t filled it yet.

IMG_1401treats

Not only great for treats, but for some of my old games.

games

The states glasses and the croquet and numbered balls were all picked up at thrift stores.

IMG_1405

On this wall we have our popcorn station.  What would a movie be without popcorn?  I bought the set of 4 plates at Ross a year ago.  I put two in the treat cabinet and hung these two on the wall.  The menu board was bought on PB clearance a couple of years ago.  The Industrial looking table came from the damaged goods store.  My friends and I call it ‘Train Wreck’.  Because you never know what you will run across.

IMG_1420

popcorn

If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m what you might call a ‘picker upper’.  That is I pick stuff up for a bargain thinking that I can use it later.  It’s nice when it comes time to decorate, but sometimes my hubby thinks I’m nuts.

The Casablanca artwork is another one of my ‘picker uppers’.  Saw it not long after we moved into our home and knew I would regret not buying it.  I got it at the same damaged goods store that I got both tables.

IMG_1410

There were only a couple of things I bought new for this room (other than the furniture).

I bought the mason jar pillar lights from PB.  They were marked down.  I thought they would be fun to go along with the restaurant theme.

IMG_1412

I already had the two large reels,(bought on clearance at Pier 1).  The canvas I bought new in April when I was on my gal pal trip to St. George.

IMG_1416

We were given this wooden door by our SIl.  It was salvaged from a construction job.  We thought it would be fun for the theater room door to be different from all of the others. Thinking I need to make a cute ‘cinema’ sign to hang above it.  I just bought the exit sign for half off at Hobby Lobby.

IMG_1447

Hubby and I just watched ‘The Hobbit’ and we watched, ‘Jack and the Giant Slayers’ with some of the grandies.  Really is a fun place to hang out!

The only problem now. . .how am I going to find time to blog with all of those movies to watch? lol!

If you’re in the neighborhood, would love to have you drop in for ‘DINNER & A MOVIE”!

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with these fun parties:

Flusters Creative Muster

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Weds.

Cottage Sweet Cottage for Rednesday

This post was featured at:

Green Willow Pond

featurebutton

26 comments

diane said...

Great job getting that room together ... it's amazing!!
I hope you have lots and lots of fun family time in there.
:-D

diane said...

Great job getting that room together ... it's amazing!!
I hope you have lots and lots of fun family time in there.
:-D

Gina said...

What an amazing room! So much fun! I think I'd spend all my rainy days in there. Enjoy!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Truly this is my favorite movie room I've seen! Just comfy and friendly! Love how you find things and just buy them for use later. Your mind must have had this planned somewhere!!

hugs,
Linda

Stacey Johnson said...

Very creative! Love it.

Robyn said...

This room is amazing! I can't even decide which piece is my favorite there's just too much.. I do love that table though.. and the brick wall with the lights in it. How awesome is that.. Oh and I LOVE the colors you painted.. See? I can't chose just a few things.. Great Job!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your finished movie room/basement is awesome! What FUN to watch movies there! Love the decorating theme! Blessings~~~Roxie

Stephanie said...

My dear Jann, your movie room is fantastic! I absolutely love it and your decorating is superb! You will definitely enjoy watching movies in such a great room :)

Hugs to you!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your theater room...it looks amazing!!
hugs,
Cindy
p.s...We'll all be over soon to watch a movie. LOL...

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun place to be! Love the decor!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Jann,

I soooooooooooooo wanna come and watch movies with you all!

What a GREAT SPACE you have made for yourselves - looove it!!!!

Tea in the Library said...

My word have you been busy! Looks great! Especially love the lights! I laughed about you being a 'picker upper'. I always say, "I bought this on speculation," when I buy something to good to pass up by no idea where it's going.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a fun place to hang out! I love all the accessories you've found along the way.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Oh Jann...what a fun, fun space! I love all the theater details. It looks like it was a fun room to put together. Thanks for sharing this and your darling farmhouse bathroom at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a super week!

Hugs,
Deborah

priscilla said...

Looks great ! Love your treat station and your big couch ! I am sure the grandkids love coming to Grandma and Grampa's house !

Linda W. said...

LOVE your theatre room! You do such a great job decorating.

sandi s said...

I like your theater room, great decorating. I loved your bathroom post from yesterday. I love the colors you used.

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Jann, you really thought of everything. What a super fun space! I especially love the brick wall with the pizza sign. You have really created a special place for fun families memories to be made. Love it!

Jeanette

Rose L said...

Your creativity goes on and on! Love the room.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful space!!! I bet your grandbabies love it as well!!! ~~Angela

Jeannie Marie said...

Happy Rednesday! My daughter has a home theater and there is nothing like watching movies or TV in a darkened room on a 101 inch screen in theater seats!

Babs said...

What a fun place to watch a movie! Great accessories, and, you even have a popcorn machine!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

oh Jann this is just wonderful and so much fun! ( I tried to comment before and the power went off for a bit )

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

There are so many great details in this room. You must have been collecting things for it for a while. I love the reels.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Holy Moly!! Truly a fantastic room and one I would love to have in my home !!

Great job!!

Hugs,
Debbie

dsds said...

Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
home movie theater

Instagram