Plaid Tidings!

When I think of comfort and joy one of the things that comes to mind is plaid.  Just looking at it brings me joy and there’s nothing quite as cozy as a comfortable plaid blanket.

I had already planned on decorating my front porch in plaid this year.  Imagine my excitement when I found out that Alison from Polohouse  had chosen the theme ‘Plaid Tidings’ for her December Favorites on the First,

chair

IMG_3309

IMG_3319

I grouped my collection of plaid containers.  A picnic basket, a couple thermoses, and coolers. 

thermos

IMG_3331

I recently found this old heater at a thrift shop.  It was actually in a mans cart.  I mentioned how cool it was when I walked by.  He said, “do you want it?”  I said, “No, you buy it”.  He said, “I was thinking of putting it back”.  He didn’t have to ask twice.  I knew it would be so fun for Christmas.

IMG_3307

I mixed in some of my buffalo checked ribbon and tied strips of plaid and burlap to pumpkins sprayed with hammered iron paint for the urn.  I bought the boxwood wreath at Trader Joe’s, but the pine boughs were gathered from my Fil’s garden.

wreath

My rustic wooden star came from the ‘Star Mill Antiques’.  My dads old lunch pail is home to my collection of vintage scotch tape dispensers.  I made the pillows from a dress I found at a thrift shop.  I also got the minnow bucket at a thrift in AZ.

IMG_3317

IMG_3321

I just found this plaid golf bag at an estate sale for $5.  A lot of people in UT go skiing on Christmas day.  But I’m sure that there are those in warmer areas that go golfing.

IMG_3329

Even the putter agrees that Christmas is a #1 holiday!  The white door is off of my daughter, Kylee’s home which is over 100 years old.  I wonder if it’s the original door?

IMG_3330

IMG_3332

IMG_3328

IMG_3334

I love the bits of red paint that remain on my old apple ladder.

IMG_3342

IMG_3296

More pumpkins, another minnow bucket I picked up at a yard sale, and a rustic shoe form sit on top of my wooden wheelbarrow.

IMG_3297

A little plaid, a tin star, and twigs dress up a wooden church birdhouse sitting in my birdbath.

IMG_3340

I love old lanterns.  I hung them from my garage lights.  I got this idea from my friend, Joyce.  Hope she doesn’t mind that I copied her!

IMG_3339

Lots of pics.  Hope I didn’t lose you! 

IMG_3333

IMG_3336

Plaid Tidings to you!

IMG_3316

hugs,

Jann

I will also be joining:

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me

Savvy Southern Style for Wow

A Junky Rustic Christmas Party

Lavender Garden Cottage for Cottage Style Party

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday

No Minimalist Here for Open House Party

36 comments

Jeannie Marie said...

You decorate so beautifully! The plaid is so festive and instantly Christmassy! Love the wheelbarrow with the minnow bucket!

Kris said...

Love it....all of it! Funny, just today, I was looking at my old red vintage golf bag and thinking of using it in my decor for Christmas this year. Love all the plaid!!
xo Kris

Winnie said...

Again - due to your talent, everything looks just beautiful.
I never thought plaid could be so attractive

sweetbriardreams said...

This looks so warm and inviting! I love plaid and the throw that you have there I am trying to find over here as I want to use one as a table cloth for my Christmas table. Exciting times ahead! Take care. xx

Debby Ray said...

I just love me some red plaid! I've got the larger version of your round metal plaid cooler...a great find at a yard sale for $1! Great decorations, Jann :)

Micupoftea said...

Oh my....LOVE, love the plaid. WHat a delightful post. Happy Advent, Happy December :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

VERY festive and pretty! :)

priscilla said...

Love..Love..Love..So pretty Jann ! All your plaid is just fabulous ! Love the ladder with the big jingle bells !

Anonymous said...

"Country Christmas! And love will lead the way."

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am so loving the plaids this year. Esp the picnic baskets,which I have a could do this too! maybe it is my Scotch blood loving the plaid! it all looks wonderful, and the Olsen sign..adorable!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am so loving the plaids this year. Esp the picnic baskets,which I have a could do this too! maybe it is my Scotch blood loving the plaid! it all looks wonderful, and the Olsen sign..adorable!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! I love all the plaids, but I am really drawn to that apple ladder! Hugs, Penny

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Beautiful...just beautiful! I love all the plaids, but I am really drawn to that apple ladder! Hugs, Penny

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Jann this has just put me in the Christmas mood perfectly! I love plaid and hope to add some this year! I wish I had a covered porch to decorate but will have to settle for indoors only this year. Oh it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Hugs, Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Jann,

ADorable and so unique, I love the plaid and the sign in your yard, and daughters door...It is perfect and so thought out! I'm loving the plaid

Carol

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Adorable! I love all the accents....My poor door area still looking sparce....but you gave me a few ideas!!

Linda W. said...

You are sooo creative! I'm loving all these plaid accents. They really finish a nicely decorated room.

Rose L said...

Lovely and so inviting! Guess I should start my minor decorating.

The Charm of Home said...

I love your plaid! Your front door is just beautiful! Linking a post in draft to your Sugar & Spice party! Will be back to join you soon!
Sherry

Junkchiccottage said...

Plaids are so festive this year and popular. Yours looks so pretty. Love all the beautiful plaids.
Kris

sophiewoman said...

I have never met a plaid I didn't Love! It looks great.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Plaid says comfy, traditional, falily Christmas like nothing else!

Unknown said...

I love it all! What fun!!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Dear Jann,
What a long and busy week!
Great fun and fellowship and way to much food LOL
Have a great week!
Blessings, Roxy

cynthia lee designs said...

I love red plaid!! Everything looks great.
hugs,
Cindy

Laura S Reading said...

I wish you lived in my neighborhood. I would love to see your decorations every day.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Plaid is so fun! I love it and it's hot this Christmas! I also love red so it's doubly good!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Love all of your plaid looks here! So pretty! Thank you for following my blog and now i'm going to follow yours! ;)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Jann!
Wow! You have been one busy holiday elf!
LOVING all you lovely plaids and vintage pieces. LOVE THEM!
Your lunchbox with the vintage tape tins is such a cute grouping.... love your apple picking ladder too.

THANKS so much for linking up and for pulling all of this loveliness together for all of us to savor!

xoxoxo
Alison

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, I love all the details you did...and your porch is wonderful! I still have a few items just sitting out there...I'm trying to get inspired...LOL and after seeing yours I think I know what I can do with some leftover pallet wood....Thanks for the inspiration!

Leovi said...

Yes, beautiful accessories plaid, perfect for Christmas!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

How beautiful! Your porch is so festive and so Christmasy. I love your sign out front and I love the plaid. Fantastic. Hugs, Beverly

Tarnished Royalty said...

I love your plaid porch! The boots and pillow are my fave I think. The apple ladder is fabulous too! ~Ann

Kathleen said...

Love your plaid tidings! Clever thrift shop ideas!
Here from Seasonal Sunday!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your porch, and all of your decor is so pretty. Love the plaid too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Fran said...

Wow! I think these pictures prove that you can never have too much plaid! I just LOVE this post!! And I think that snowflake at the top of your ladder is spectacular! :)
--Fran

Instagram