Making a Statement!

Don’t you just love it when you walk into a room and something just makes a statement?  Kind of speaks to you in a way?  

That’s how I feel about some of the chairs in my home

Because of this I didn’t hesitate a moment when I received an e-mail earlier this week from One Kings Lane asking if I would be willing to help introduce their Home Decor Resource Guide

They asked me if I had a statement chair that I would like to share in a post.

A Statement chair?  Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one.

I must admit that I have a bit of a chair fetish.  Old or new, I just can’t get enough!

Now tell me, could you walk into my basement guest bedroom and not notice this chippy beauty?  She’s old, she’s worn, but oh what a doll!

IMG_1861_thumb[3]

Here’s one that’s not quite show showy, but still causes you to take notice.  I covered the seat with an old grain sack.

IMG_2930

Now that I’ve shared a couple of my ‘old’ statement chairs.  Let’s see a few more modern chairs.

This is probably my favorite statement chair in my home.  Everyone that visits always comments on what a great chair it is.

IMG_2931

You might say that I am ‘hound dog’ crazy for houndstooth!  I also love the high wing back style, the tufting, and nail heads.  This chair is big and comfy.  Even the men in my family like this chair.  It is very similar to One Kings Lane  Rachel chair.

IMG_2922

I have had this chair in my living room for years, It traveled with us from our previous home.  I never tire of it.  I adore the soft comfortable cushion, the check fabric, the piping, and the skirted flounce.

IMG_2917

IMG_2919

This is my newest statement chair.  It’s in our basement family room.  I’ve placed a gold pillow in it for Fall.  Again, I love the nail heads and that floral design just cried out to me.  Not to mention that she is super comfy and looks smashing with our red leather sofa and love seat!

IMG_2546_thumb[9]

I’m sure by now you’ve figured out I love color and patterns.  A lot of my blog friends have neutral chairs and I love them.  However, when I bring a new chair home it always seems to be pretty bold.

A good chair is like an old friend.  You feel comfortable around them and love everything about them!

Do you have a statement chair in your home that you love?

I enjoyed visiting their Home Decor Resource Guide and the great information that it shared!  Wondering what style of chair you have?  Check them out and see.

hugs,

Jann

I will be joining these fun parties:

The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

 

 

18 comments

Kris said...

Oh yes! I do have several "old friends" in my home!!!
XO Kris

allisamazing said...

Your chair are lovely!

sweetbriardreams said...

I may have a chair fetish as there are so many in my home (I really need to de-clutter!). My favourite from yours has to be the check one, that looks so cosy and inviting! Have a lovely weekend adoring your chairs. xx

21 Wits said...

We have so many dear friends! Great photos.

NanaDiana said...

Loving your old friends- I love chairs, too. xo Diana

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just had a conversation with my neighbor about all my chairs and how some were uncomfortable since I have lower back problems ,she said get rid of them. But they are so pretty LOL

Your chairs all look comfy and pretty also

Art and Sand said...

The one little chair that I had as a "statement" chair was stolen by my daughter and is now making a statement at her house.

Love all of your chairs, but my favorite is the "pink lady".

Cynthia said...

Love all your chairs. The houndstooth is my favorite!

Cynthia

Rose L said...

I could be comfortable in any one of those.

Linda W. said...

You have some cool chairs in your home. Thanks for the tour!

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
You have some great chairs. I love the pink chippy. To cute.
Kris

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Love your chairs, Jann :)

The Farmers Daughter said...

Hey, Jann! I have a thing for chairs, too! When I haul yet another one home, John always says, "Another one?" Have a storage building full! lol I'm visiting my favorite blogs this lazy, cold morning, and of course had to hop over here!
Hugs,
Dru

Anonymous said...

Hello Jann!

Love that pink chair!

I have what we all refer to as my "cozy" chair. It's vintage and has good bones but the upholstery is shot so it stays covered. Right now it's covered in a chenille blanket. ♥

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a great collection of chairs, and very diverse too!

Stacey said...

Beautiful and welcoming chairs!!

Leovi said...

Creating beautiful and interesting, amazing!

must love junk said...

Oh, Jann, you do have a lot of good ones! I think the pink one and the grain sack one are my favorites!:)
Susan

Instagram