Brrrreezing Out Onto the Porch

Well my friends, I don't know about you, but when it's cold outside I have a hard time getting outside to decorate the front porch.
 
But. . .
 
who wants to see Christmas décor in the middle of January?  Not me, so with just a little tweaking it's wasn't hard to take Christmas to winter.

I removed the small live tree from the top of my chippy filing cabinet and added this jolly snowman.


Doesn't he look dapper with his pocket watch and cane?

 
The fabric wreath and balls that I found at a thrift shop didn't have too much of a Christmas feel so I left them out for a while longer.


When I decorated the old snow shovel I did so with the intentions of using it through January.


I wanted a fairly simple look so I brought the red window that had been on my mantle out and placed it on the drop leaf table.  I removed the lights from the tree and tucked in the metal 'we could build a snowman' sign.

 
I actually did this a couple of weeks ago when the sun came out and it warmed up a bit one afternoon.  The pine boughs are looking a little sparse as of late.  Deer have been nibbling on them.  Poor hungry critters!


I love having a small light out on the porch, so the candelabra stayed.

Oh, and I added a metal snowflake to the window.
 


One of my vintage sleighs is tucked in by the front door.


 
The door in the corner received a snowman welcome and I moved the rusty holder to the back of the chair and replaced the red ornaments with a couple pine cones.

 
All the live wreath needed was a snowflake.


We still have lots of snow on the ground and this seems to work.  But soon I'll be switching things up for Valentines.

Just hope we get some more sunshine and warmer days before I brrreeze out onto the porch again!  :)

hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with these fun blogs:
Talk of the Town
Vintage Charm

25 comments

Sarah said...

Fun, Jann! The snow people are out and about here, but I've yet to pull together a post to share. Will need to switch them out for valentine things soon. '-)

Lady of the Manor said...

I love your transition from Christmas to Winter!! It's sad to put all of the decorations away so soon.

Gayla said...

You inspire me! Awwww. It's dark. lol... and blizzarding... But I am inspired...

Patti said...

Beautiful and wintery! It's very cold at our mountain home. But no snow. Just wind! Happily, I work in Palm Springs, so it was gorgeous today. Your porch is always so creatively done. I would not have thought of an old filing cabinet. Clever!

Bernideen said...

Are you the lady giving sleigh rides for a quarter? Ha. I hope there are never any wrecks in front of your house caused by women oooing and aaahhing! such fun!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your Winter decor looks awesome outside on your porch!! We are going to get some more snow tomorrow here in Ohio.
hugs,
Cindy

Art and Sand said...

Your front porch amazes me. I don't know anyone, other than Kris of Junk Chic Cottage, who puts so much love into the front porch.

One day I am going to knock on your door and drop in for a visit.

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas and the way you have decorated your porch. I have also left alot of my decorations out and exchanged the red bows with burlap, pinecones and snowflakes.

The weather here in Minnesota is 8 below zero.Burrrrr!
I

Stacey said...

Your porch is so cute!

We've had an unusually WARM winter here and most of my plants from last summer are still alive. It's strange!

Linda W. said...

Awww....what a cute snowman!

Jeannie Marie said...

I think that sleigh tucked into the corner speaks volumes about winter! It's my favorite thing! The red painted window runs a close second!

Kiki Nakita said...

What a cute snowman, welcoming everyone onto the porch. I especially like the sled, and sled rides sign. Have a good rest of the week.

Curtains in My Tree said...


You have your front porch all decked out for sure
I like the cabinet your snowman is sitting on

Cindy Lou said...

Adorable! Love the vintage sign with the old window and greens!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love it all! Your front porch is a wintry welcome. It must look so cute as a back drop for all that snow.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful vignette Jann! Cheerful and happy! Perfect look to get through January and February!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Now Jann, if that's not the cutest winter porch ever!! I just love everything about it!!!

Jean Tuthill said...

I love everything you have displayed on your porch! Cold and windy here and snow on the way! gotta love winter and appreciate the inside warmth and coziness that we enjoy!

Pat said...

Jann,
LOVE the SNOWMAN atop the filing cabinet, dear friend!!!
The addition of snowflakes makes this a Winterized front Porch!!!
I added a few Valentine's to the front Entry Hall today!!!
Mother Nature 3 / Me 0!!!
Still NO Snow here on the Prairie!!!
I give in!
Fondly,
Pat

Unknown said...

Is your porch protected from the elements?
Mine isn't and I so want to decorate it.

lynn cockrell said...

Your winter porch is so pretty, Jann. I love your Dapper Dan Snow Man!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Jann your front porch looks wonderful! Glad you got to use your cute shovel a little longer. I like the sign for 25 cent sled rides.
Ha

Rose L said...

Looks so cute! So many jumped right away to Valentines day decor, so this is nice.
I ignore Valentines day since the death of my husband.

Donna said...

I love everything. Just my style.

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, your porch looks so inviting ~ love your winter touches! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

Instagram